AM-Notebook is a multi-featured tabbed notebook that provides an easy way to save notes and formula supported spreadsheets in a light weight tray icon tool. Lots of text formatting features allows you to create clear and well designed notes which can be stored at different locations and also be shared in a network. Other nice features are the integrated alarm clock and the address book.
- Diagrams: Option to optionally show name window when inserting new objects
- Printing TODOs could cut text under certain circumstances
- Option "Always open note in new tab" didn't work when a note was locked by another user
- TODOs: The note field wasn't updated correctly under certain circumstances
- Background color of read-only notes was not restored correctly after printing a note
- Some Unicode issues fixed
- Smaller fixes and improvements
Reviewing 5.1.1 (May 12, 2009)
try this for sifting through alot of notes quickly. never crashed yet either, i run portable version. you might like it better tham essential pim free, i went back to this.
Reviewing 5.0 Beta 5 (Mar 13, 2008)
The new 5.0 address book is just out-of-touch with users needs.
But the notes feature keep being great.
And it is one of the few notes software that is portable, doesn't heavily rely on MS-specific stuff, and has proven working perfectly on Linux (using Wine).
Reviewing 4.1.0 Beta 2 (Jan 19, 2007)
Although this application is as full-featured as anything, it lacks even some of the most common-sense things you'd like to do with an app like this:
- I could not find a way to drag and drop or move notes between folders
- The export function exports current note only. The Export menu command is enabled when you select a folder, but in reality, the export function only exports the current note or spreadsheet only.
- Shortcut keys for managing folders and notes are either non-existent or not intuitive
- Sorting operations (like for sorting notes by alpha or numbers) are not available or else I could not find them
- Cannot drag and drop content from text files into an open note
- Cannot drag and drop files to create links to files on the local system
Although I like the UI, and prefer this type of layout to someting like MS Onenote or Evernote, these other apps provide way more functionality. In comparison, I still prefer TreePad Plus or Keynote.
The pluses that make this application are the full-range of export possibilities (if you want to export one note at a time), the full range of formatting and style capabilities, and the spreadsheet functions. I even tried copying a note that contained text and tables into MS-Word and the formatting was flawless.
Reviewing 4.0 Beta 5 (Mar 28, 2006)
A very simple notebook application. You have a nice easy access to the notes on the leftside. But i think its missing some features and the layout is not good, could definetly need some new icons.
Reviewing 4.0 Beta 5 (Mar 27, 2006)
o yes, my lekey program, very nice
gud jor everyguan
No comments yet