Adobe Reader is free software that enables business professionals and home users to reliably share information using intelligent PDF files. You can easily view, print, and search PDF files using a variety of platforms and devices.
- The Sign Pane was renamed to Fill & Sign and the three related panels were unified in this single view. Form fill-in and signing workflows are made more usable since the forms tools now appear along with the signing tools
- In Reader, the Fill & Sign Pane automatically opens when form fields are present
- The tool logic is enhanced so that form fill-in is always possible even if another tool is selected. Starting a typing action simply deselects other tools
- Enterprise configuration via registry and plist preferences:
- HKCU’s AVAlert\bDonotShowFSSWarningDlg set to 1 disables the Fill & Sign Alert dialog which appears when a user tries to use the service with a dynamic XFA form. Dynamic forms are currently unsupported
- HKLM’s cServices\bEnableSignPane set to 0 removes the Fill & Sign Pane from the user interface
- HKCU’s Workflows\bEnableAcrobatHS service’s master switch disables all features of the Fill & Sign Pane except for the Work with Certificates accordion. When forms are opened, the Fill & Sign Pane does not auto open
- Acrobat.com integration with Reader and Acrobat is now extended to all supported languages
- Acrobat.com files are now cached locally. A new lockable preference bEnableBHCache allows admins to disable the feature
- Adobe Send received several workflow improvements
- See also Recent Files
- Bug fixes for Webmail integration, Services integration, and others
- The startup screen displays a short list of recent files list and provides a View All link which opens the full list
- Choosing Open on the top menu opens a full recent file’s list that can access any file on the machine or on Acrobat.com. The list provide the following features:
- Thumbnail view
- File search
- File details such as size and last modified date
- The Tools, Fill & Sign, and Comment panes are compatible with Hi DPI systems
- Added Support PDF creation for AutoCAD 2013 64-bit PDFMaker & Import Comments
- The Hindi Devanagari font is added to the 11.x font bundle
Reviewing 11.0.08 (Aug 23, 2014)
Reviewing 11.0.07 (May 14, 2014)
they should outlaw this
Reviewing 11.0.07 (May 14, 2014)
Still the best choice.
But need to customize and set quiete a few security items & multimedia players.
Besides I also use PDF X-Change Viewer, Sumatra and STDU Viewer for PDFs.
Reviewing 11.0.05 Update (Oct 10, 2013)
Tried this is was slow and bloated....
went back to sumatra pdf
Reviewing 11.0.03 (May 15, 2013)
Adobe is still providing updates for Reader 9.x(now 9.5.5).
After recovering from a hack that happened via Adobe's improper use of Silverlight, I recommend that everybody delete all Adobe software from their systems.
The vulnerability itself can be shut out by enabling "Enhanced Protected Mode",
Still, The hackers also broke into Adobe's development servers and downloaded the source code to Adobe's software, thus more virulent attacks are guaranteed to occur in the very near future.
The issue is particularly targeted at developers who use Adobe's development tools - including Acrobat and Cold Fusion.