Beyond Compare is a utility for comparing text files, folders, zip archives, and FTP sites. Use it to manage source code, keep folders in sync, compare program output, and validate CD copies. It can create a snapshot of a live directory structure, and compare it against the live copy at a later date.
Yes - 30 day timeout
- Added full context menu extensions on Linux for Konqueror (KDE), Nautilus (Gnome), and Thunar (Xfce), with configurable visibility and submenus
- Added support for passing '-' on the command line to load a file from stdin, and added support for FIFOs on Linux
- Copying to/from FTP/SFTP servers now copies the Unix mode (rwx)
- Character encoding errors during saving now prompt to use a different code page instead of refusing to save
- Removed prompt to edit read-only files in file views
- Fixed FTP timezone autodetection
Reviewing 188.8.131.5250 (Sep 13, 2011)
Almost perfect in almost every aspect and constantly improving!
Reviewing 184.108.40.20671 (Aug 28, 2011)
Includes so many options and settings, that you really do not trust it if it's results are actually true.
Reviewing 220.127.116.1171 (Aug 16, 2011)
I wish it would support SFTP or FTP over SSH. I did not use BC very much except when inspecting colleague's listings, but I always got great results and it saved me hours of work. But the support of sftp would be good, as all our servers have ftp turned off by default.
Reviewing 18.104.22.16831 Beta (Sep 27, 2010)
Been totally satisfied with BC3, simple and good software. Only thing missing is the "pause" feature when synchronizing.
Reviewing 22.214.171.12469 Beta (Jun 22, 2010)
No comments yet