BiblioteQ strives to be a complete and thorough library management suite. The application is supported on numerous platforms. For some categories, BiblioteQ provides a mechanism for querying the Library of Congress, or any other Z39.50-capable system, via the standard Z39.50 protocol; thus simplifying the data-entry process. As for database support, BiblioteQ allows for connectivity to both PostgreSQL and SQLite database engines.
- A Spanish translation has been postponed until a translation becomes available
- True PostgreSQL and SQLite pagination
- Greek translation
- Removed the Unlimited Entries per Page option
- All search input will be trimmed
- Printing from the main window will generate tabular reports
- Column headers are now retained and restored
- Patrons were unable to connect to PostgreSQL instances due to incorrect error handling
Reviewing 6.17 (Dec 22, 2009)
I have found the software very good. It is easy to use in any library. It is all to manage a library, the circulation system etc. But it has some problems which should be removed if it is made useful for all over the world. It should have ACCESSION NO. area which may be generated automatically or may not. It should have EDITOR, TRANSLATOR, COMPILER, SUBJECT, VOLUME, STATUS, PAGINATION and other necessary information. I have found it's administrative privilege disabled. It should have.
A.K.M. Nurul Alam
Dept. of Information Science & Library Management
University of Dhaka.
No comments yet