BitZipper is an advanced ZIP utility, yet it is easily used by novice users as well. It offers many exciting features, e.g. a Batch Tool, single click backups, Windows Explorer-like look, easy to use Wizards, advanced search capability, support for 15 archive format, and much more.
- Introduces support for BZIP2 compression, which offers compression ratios much better than standard ZIP compression. BZIP2 is supported as stand-alone BZ2 and TBZ files and as a WinZip compatible extension to the existing ZIP file format
- The second major feature introduced is unicode support, which enables BitZipper to compress and extract files with e.g. various asian and eastern languages
- BitZipper 5.0 is Windows Vista compatible
- Improved dual-screen support
- A small security vulnerability in the third-party library used when extracting ACE archives has been corrected by upgrading the library
- In the Preferences you can now enable display of compression method, CRC checksum and encryption status in the archive file list
- RAR support has been improved and a problem extracting files from certain password protected RAR files have been corrected
- A problem extracting files from certain password protected .BH archives has been corrected
- TAR support improved by adding support for TAR filenames greater than the header limitation of 100 chars
Reviewing 4.0 (Feb 28, 2004)
Only ZIP ?
There is a free one already available in Windows XP. Why would I pay for this one ?
Make it behave like the one in WinXP (or even improve it), add RAR & CAB de-compression and I might give it a try.
Right now I am using ICEOWS which does it all and it's free.
No comments yet