Cerberus FTP Server provides powerful, multithreaded FTP server performance without sacrificing ease-of-use. Designed to use very little CPU and memory, it features a user-friendly interface that can be easily hidden or accessed from the system tray. The server is able to listen for connections on multiple interfaces (Multi-homed PCs), run as an NT service, resume failed transfers, and offers an easy-to-use manager for controlling user access to files and file operations. Connection limit, timeout, and IP access can be controlled by the administrator as well as a variety of other settings. In addition, it offers statistics on connections as well as robust logging capabilities. The server adheres to RFC959 and RFC1123.
- Bug fixes and usability improvements in the User Manager
- Tab support for moving through user fields in the User Manager
- Support for the X-FORWARDED-FOR header for HTTP/S traffic for logging and IP management
- Improved proxy support for upgrade checking
- AD and LDAP mapping dialogs are now resizable
- Fixed the "Do Not Send Session Report if Empty" flag always being set to false when editing an email session report action
- Password generator now generates passwords that are at least 6 characters, even if password policy has no minimum length
- Fixed bug that could cause password generator to crash
Reviewing 18.104.22.168 (May 10, 2015)
We purchased this for our company about 6 months ago and it has been great. The auto-blocking IPs is a great feature.
We were able to import our existing users from a different ftp server into this through a csv file.
Overall it is a good product and would recommend this.
Reviewing 7.0.3 (Aug 13, 2014)
One of the best FTP servers available, but the price is way too high IMO ($80 for the personal edition).
Reviewing 3.1.4 (Mar 24, 2010)
Been using Cerberus for years. Awesome FTP server and they've added some really great features in 3.0.
Reviewing 3.0.2 (Aug 18, 2009)
I've used a few different FTP servers and have generally been disappointed with usability and reliability. I've been using Cerberus FTP Server for a few months now and have found it to be very fast, reliable, and light on resources. It has support for newer FTP commands and the virtual directory system is extremely simple to set for a user. It is a great FTP server.
Reviewing 2.49 (Oct 2, 2008)
Serv-U 6 allowed the same kind of flexibility with virtual drives that the reviewer below is talking about. I hate Serv-U 7 too much to know if it still does. I was unimpressed with this FTP server, free for personal use or otherwise.
No comments yet