CintaNotes is a simple and free portable note manager that can be used to store all kinds of text based information. Key features include the ability to capture text from almost any application, auto URL population for webpage captures, Ctrl+F12 quick capture hot key, note retreival simply by typing a word or phrase, exporting to Unicode Text and XML.
- Editor: Ctrl+Home/End in any field except Remarks to go to text start and end
- Make Alt+F+number work regardless of keyboard layout
- Notes list: Incorrect rendering of a clipped numbered list
- Notes list: Jumping numbers in numbered lists
- Clipping: Numbers could disappear from numbered lists on clipping
- Options/Hot keys: edit field background was not white
- Export: Errors during export lead to program crash
- Export: Exporting tags only to text file lead to program crash
- Search: Tags with capital letters were not highlighted in note previews
- Tune settings to help prevent “database disk image is malformed” error
Reviewing 2.4 (Sep 19, 2013)
The author disabled that option for a while.
I'm glad he is listening to users.
Looking forward for the android version.
Reviewing 2.4 (Sep 18, 2013)
Simple and useable but with plenty of abilities if you need them. Perfect quick note app for shoving those random snips and notes. HeilNizar - there's a portable zip next to the installer. Something wrong with your eyes.
Reviewing 2.2 (May 9, 2013)
I thought it was improving, but now that they joined portable and installer into one setup, its going down hill.
Reviewing 2.0 (Dec 29, 2012)
From a quick view at the program it has a clean interface and has a good many features. New features are being added presently as the program continues to improve. Overall it is a powerful notes program and is very affordable - pro version, and has a nice set of shortcut keys
Reviewing 1.8.4 (Nov 14, 2012)
Simple and good.
-One window note app.
-Portable directly from the developer.
Its missing an alert function and an option to give each note a different color. Its also using 8+ MB while just hiding in the tray, I think it would be a good idea to destroy the GUI when hidden which will drop its memory usage to less than 1 MB.