CintaNotes is a simple and free portable note manager that can be used to store all kinds of text based information. Key features include the ability to capture text from almost any application, auto URL population for webpage captures, Ctrl+F12 quick capture hot key, note retreival simply by typing a word or phrase, exporting to Unicode Text and XML.
- Note properties: add ability to edit seconds
- Editor: double Ctrl+Home(End) in remarks field should focus note text and go to start(end)
- Window position not always restored correctly after restart
- Editor: internal note links can get corrupt
- Editor: on some computers note links are not copied when pasting notes as RTF
- Editor: ampersand (&) and apostrophe (') are not recognized as part of URL
- Editor: link editor doesn't resize after pressing enter
- Editor: removing list style should convert vertical tabs to CRLFs
- Editor: link field should be trimmed on exiting the edit mode
- Editor: Alt+Shift+U(F) produce ding sound
- Editor: add links watchdog to report link corruption
- Editor: note title is not right-trimmed on save when editor line trimming is on
- Search: search string becomes lower case after program restart
- Simplenote sync: recycle bin issues
- Simplenote sync: CN resets SN note's "Pinned to top" status
- Simplenote sync: crash on downloading note containing special chars
- Simplenote sync: infinite uploading
- Error when closing CN while editor with a changed note is open
- Synchronization dialog: not possible to delete login credentials
- Synchronization dialog: initial focus missing
- License: trailing blanks in the "Registration Name and Email" field prevent registration
- Export: "Selected" is not disabled even if the active section is empty
Reviewing 2.8.3 (Dec 16, 2014)
using CintaNotes for taking notes is comfortable.It is versatile , has understandable interface , easy to use.
Try CintaNotes to see the difference.
Reviewing 2.8.1 (Nov 1, 2014)
-Great user interface.
-Low memory usage.
This goes way beyond those simple post-it notes on your desktop, managing a huge amount of information, that is easily accessible through its main interface, and using a tags system.
Just great, try it!
Reviewing 2.6.1 (Jul 21, 2014)
Happy long time CintaNotes user here (I have a licence for the Pro version). There is a lot I like about the program:
-Tagging functionality (I prefer tags to find content over a non-tagged database and plain text searching, though tags are optional in CintaNotes and it does offer normal text searching as well)
-Program is updated often, and the developer listens to CintaNotes users.
-Stability (I don't think I have ever had the program crash on me once, which is good for data integrity)
There are some things I don't like:
-No file or image attachments, it is text only at the moment (this is a feature on the roadmap however)
-No encryption (again, this is something on the roadmap)
-This doesn't affect me now, but I mention it as it did affect me before I became a licence Pro user: The feature-set offered in the Free version is a bit odd compared to most other programs I am familiar with. The main one being that you can operate multiple databases in the Free version, but cannot access them via the File menu, as you can with virtually every other Windows program (unlocking the other databases section of the File menu is a Pro feature) - instead, you have to set multiple CintaNotes shortcuts to swap between databases.
-The licence price for a Pro licence is quite high for what the program is (a note taking software) - and it is a 12 monthly renewal as well
All in all, I do recommend CintaNotes though - I wouldn't have bought a Pro licence had I not been willing to do so.
Reviewing 2.4 (Sep 19, 2013)
The author disabled that option for a while.
I'm glad he is listening to users.
Looking forward for the android version.
Reviewing 2.4 (Sep 18, 2013)
Simple and useable but with plenty of abilities if you need them. Perfect quick note app for shoving those random snips and notes. HeilNizar - there's a portable zip next to the installer. Something wrong with your eyes.
No comments yet