CintaNotes is a simple and free portable note manager that can be used to store all kinds of text based information. Key features include the ability to capture text from almost any application, auto URL population for webpage captures, Ctrl+F12 quick capture hot key, note retreival simply by typing a word or phrase, exporting to Unicode Text and XML.
- Tag sidebar: tooltips with full tag name when tag name doesn't fit
- Editor: make editor's icon different from main window icon
- Notes list: Change of sorting should keep selection
- Editor: make text formatting shortcuts stateful
- Editor: Enter in the title should move focus to the note's text
- Editor: add "Indent/Outdent" context menu options
- Editor: don't create empty notes even when OK pressed
- Change shortcuts for moving sections to Ctrl+Shift+Alt+Left/Right
- "No internet connection" error on some configurations
- Possible startup error "SystemMenu::insertItem failed"
- Editor: pasting into list item error
- Editor: Undo could skip events
- Licensing: "License expired" when license.key file is not writable
- Simplenote sync: notes deleted in other clients weren't moved to trash
- Simplenote sync: possible inability to successfully finish sync
Reviewing 2.6.1 (Jul 21, 2014)
Happy long time CintaNotes user here (I have a licence for the Pro version). There is a lot I like about the program:
-Tagging functionality (I prefer tags to find content over a non-tagged database and plain text searching, though tags are optional in CintaNotes and it does offer normal text searching as well)
-Program is updated often, and the developer listens to CintaNotes users.
-Stability (I don't think I have ever had the program crash on me once, which is good for data integrity)
There are some things I don't like:
-No file or image attachments, it is text only at the moment (this is a feature on the roadmap however)
-No encryption (again, this is something on the roadmap)
-This doesn't affect me now, but I mention it as it did affect me before I became a licence Pro user: The feature-set offered in the Free version is a bit odd compared to most other programs I am familiar with. The main one being that you can operate multiple databases in the Free version, but cannot access them via the File menu, as you can with virtually every other Windows program (unlocking the other databases section of the File menu is a Pro feature) - instead, you have to set multiple CintaNotes shortcuts to swap between databases.
-The licence price for a Pro licence is quite high for what the program is (a note taking software) - and it is a 12 monthly renewal as well
All in all, I do recommend CintaNotes though - I wouldn't have bought a Pro licence had I not been willing to do so.
Reviewing 2.4 (Sep 19, 2013)
The author disabled that option for a while.
I'm glad he is listening to users.
Looking forward for the android version.
Reviewing 2.4 (Sep 18, 2013)
Simple and useable but with plenty of abilities if you need them. Perfect quick note app for shoving those random snips and notes. HeilNizar - there's a portable zip next to the installer. Something wrong with your eyes.
Reviewing 2.2 (May 9, 2013)
I thought it was improving, but now that they joined portable and installer into one setup, its going down hill.
Reviewing 2.0 (Dec 29, 2012)
From a quick view at the program it has a clean interface and has a good many features. New features are being added presently as the program continues to improve. Overall it is a powerful notes program and is very affordable - pro version, and has a nice set of shortcut keys
No comments yet