CintaNotes is a simple and free portable note manager that can be used to store all kinds of text based information. Key features include the ability to capture text from almost any application, auto URL population for webpage captures, Ctrl+F12 quick capture hot key, note retreival simply by typing a word or phrase, exporting to Unicode Text and XML.
- Make search string always shared between sections
- Double click to select all sections
- Middle click to change inbox section
- Pasted notes now go into their original section if it is currently active
- Search string like “-tag” now works for negating tags from the search box
- Import error on non-lowercase file extension
- Editor: Crash after selecting all text and trying to “Find previous”
- Editor: Single lines were copied with bullet markers
- Editor: Numbered lists were copied to notepad with wrong counting
- Editor: Ctrl+C in Link field was not always working
- Editor: Empty line added via Shift+Enter doesn’t end bulleted and numbered lists
- Delete note confirmation message dialog could get extremely wide
- Tag list filter setting was reset on notebook switching
- (Regression) Search: Negated words in search were not working
- Notes list: Multiple Ctrl+BkSp lead to a crash
- Fixed possible crash on start when default notebook needs to be upgraded
Reviewing 2.6.1 (Jul 21, 2014)
Happy long time CintaNotes user here (I have a licence for the Pro version). There is a lot I like about the program:
-Tagging functionality (I prefer tags to find content over a non-tagged database and plain text searching, though tags are optional in CintaNotes and it does offer normal text searching as well)
-Program is updated often, and the developer listens to CintaNotes users.
-Stability (I don't think I have ever had the program crash on me once, which is good for data integrity)
There are some things I don't like:
-No file or image attachments, it is text only at the moment (this is a feature on the roadmap however)
-No encryption (again, this is something on the roadmap)
-This doesn't affect me now, but I mention it as it did affect me before I became a licence Pro user: The feature-set offered in the Free version is a bit odd compared to most other programs I am familiar with. The main one being that you can operate multiple databases in the Free version, but cannot access them via the File menu, as you can with virtually every other Windows program (unlocking the other databases section of the File menu is a Pro feature) - instead, you have to set multiple CintaNotes shortcuts to swap between databases.
-The licence price for a Pro licence is quite high for what the program is (a note taking software) - and it is a 12 monthly renewal as well
All in all, I do recommend CintaNotes though - I wouldn't have bought a Pro licence had I not been willing to do so.
Reviewing 2.4 (Sep 19, 2013)
The author disabled that option for a while.
I'm glad he is listening to users.
Looking forward for the android version.
Reviewing 2.4 (Sep 18, 2013)
Simple and useable but with plenty of abilities if you need them. Perfect quick note app for shoving those random snips and notes. HeilNizar - there's a portable zip next to the installer. Something wrong with your eyes.
Reviewing 2.2 (May 9, 2013)
I thought it was improving, but now that they joined portable and installer into one setup, its going down hill.
Reviewing 2.0 (Dec 29, 2012)
From a quick view at the program it has a clean interface and has a good many features. New features are being added presently as the program continues to improve. Overall it is a powerful notes program and is very affordable - pro version, and has a nice set of shortcut keys