CloneSpy can help you free up hard drive space by detecting and removing duplicate files. Duplicate files can have exactly the same contents regardless of their name, date, time and location. It is able to find files that are not exactly identical, but have the same filename. Perhaps you have different versions of a file and you want to find all of them and remove the older versions. It can also find zero length files, which are files that have no content.
- Added: Reparse points can now be excluded from a scan (see Folders tab of the Options window)
- Modified: File access error message boxes now remind the user of potentially missing administrator rights for Windows Vista and higher
- Modified: When exporting a list of equal files and no equal files are found then this is now stated in the exported list file
- Fixed: When searching for files with same name, the context menu of the list box in the All duplicates window now contains options for retaining files based on folder/path length
- Fixed: The installer now shows the correct license agreement
- Fixed: Added an explanation for the formerly unknown error code 124
Reviewing 2.61 (Jun 29, 2011)
Great tool, have used it for years.
Keep up the good work.
Reviewing 2.33 (Nov 30, 2008)
This program has no way to filter searches, which is a serious detriment if you have a lot of files.
Reviewing 2.33 (Sep 27, 2008)
Good program, but the duplicate detection engine needs some serious work. To check my sample of 232GB for duplicate files CloneSpy took 17minutes and read 53GB of data from the Harddisk.
Duplicate Cleaner v1.2 (also a free program) on the other hand also gets the job done within 7 minutes while reading 15,2GB of data. Since CloneSpy did not find any additional duplicates that Duplicate Cleaner v1.2 had not already found, CloneSpy's engine must have some efficiency drawbacks and probably needs a rewrite...
Reviewing 2.33 (Jul 18, 2008)
Hard to argue with the results of CloneSpy. Works like a charm, and is faster than the rest.
Reviewing 2.3 (Apr 13, 2008)
No unicode support
No comments yet