ComicRack is an all in one solution to read your eComics and also manage your library. You can think of it as a kind of ITunes for eComics with lots of the same functionality. As a reader it supports all the state of the art features you can expect: different display modes, full screen, information overlays, magnifier, color adjustments, automatic backcolor matching and a multi tab interface to quickly switch between eComics. As a manager you can browse and search your eComics in the library, create folders and lists to organize them. You can customize the lists to show just the information you need and use advanced tools to tag and edit the information for your eComics. Or create Smart lists to display dynamic lists based on eComic info (never read, author, series etc.)
- Upped .NET version to 4.5
- Added background saving of cache index. Should help with lost cache items when ComicRack crashes
- Extended search depth to find connected USB devices
- Added column header to group list
- Added group size to group list
- Double click on group header list splitter closes the list
- Fixed some spelling errors
- Multiple Comics Dialog showed custom fields in tab mode even if turned off
- Fixed spinner positions when switching between panel/tab style in dialogs
- Fixed mousewheel scrolling in browser in some cases
- Fixed possible failure to create first thumbnails immediately after startup of application
Reviewing 0.9.175 (Feb 17, 2014)
Reviewing 0.9.155 (May 21, 2012)
the user interface is painful. Neatly organized folders of CBZ and CBR files are mixed together into a single folder of all files in my collection so that navigating within a series is incredibly painful. The interface is horribly slow. I stick with using http://fileforum.betanew...mic-Reader/1034322713/1 instead because its fast, lightweight, and lets me navigate easily to the next/previous cbz file in the manga series with a single keystroke.
Reviewing 0.9.150 (Jan 5, 2012)
Bloatware. Never could use this for more than 5 minutes. Absolutely horrible interface.
Get Gonvisor! *****
Reviewing 0.9.142 (Jun 4, 2011)
I signed up just to review this because it was so disappointing after reading the glowing reviews. First and foremost this is NOT FREEWARE. That is blatant false advertising. Second it's an amateurishly written resource hog. As a software engineer from back when software engineers actually wrote software instead of the script kiddies of today I can say this is a steaming pile.Lastly, For a program that does one thing only this is a UI nightmare. The buttons and tools are literally everywhere as though the script kiddies threw darts to decide where things would go. I gave this a pity 2 stars because it could be fixed pretty easily. Tell you what guys give me half a day and I'll turn this into a slick lean mean piece of professional software that would be worth 'donating' to.
No comments yet