DVD-Audio Solo is an integrated authoring application to burn DVD-Audio or DVD-Video discs with high-definition music up to 192kHz/24bit, 5.1 surround. With it, you can enjoy audio at the best available DVD quality, beyond CD. Features include play and rip back DVD-Audio discs on PC, built-in high-definition recording. Support wav, aif, flac,wma, mp3, aac/m4a, ogg vorbis, cue sheet, iTunes playlists, pictures. Sleek and friendly user interface.
Yes - 30 day timeout
- Host for VST plug-ins, to process audio streams on the fly during export processing
- Converts stereo track to 5.1 (6 channels) surround audio through VST Plugin
- Creates universal DVD disc, playable in DVD-Audio as well as DVD-Video players, with DVD-Video mirror  in uncompressed LPCM (up to 24/96kHz stereo) or compressed A/52 (up to 5.1 channels)
- Exports project to WAV / FLAC / WMA / A52 / MKV(Audio + MPEG-2) files
- Encodes a DVD-Audio track in mixed resolution groups, i.e. Front channels in high-resolution and other channels in lower resolution. This is a unique feature of the DVD-Audio specifications
- Limited support for 20 bits authoring in DVD-Audio
- One Click feature : combining the functions of rip-CD/upmix/upsample/group mix/write-DVD in one click
- Import iTune and Windows Media Player playlists
- Drop unwanted channels from the imported audio file (e.g. Center or LFE)
- Improved dithering now using triangular PDF
- Up/Down sampling can be applied to any number of channels with more combinations of sampling rate and bit depths
- Support for PNG graphic file format
- Support for multi-core CPUs allowing full CPU utilization, e.g. up to 100% at up-sampling
- Read/Write meta-tags for WMA/A52/FLAC files exported
Reviewing 1.3 Pre-Release Beta 3 (May 4, 2007)
This program is not a "piece of crap". Submit a bug report to them and they will fix it. I did so and, after a week or two, they provided me a CUSTOM version for testing purposes. I've been using this for over a year now and playing the DVD-Audio discs in my Acura TL. They sound awesome!
Reviewing 1.3 Pre-Release Beta 2 (Apr 26, 2007)
This program is a piece of crap. When I run it under 64-bit Vista, the program crashes with a message stating "Error Code 000000B7". It would be nice to see some low cost software that actually works for creating DVD-Audio discs.
No comments yet