DarkStep is a shell replacement for Windows which is compatible with most LiteStep themes and modules but has been written from the ground up with the original intent of LiteStep: To be fast, resource friendly and ultimately configurable. The shell itself is a mixture of public domain code.
- Finally added a default icon for the DarkStep executable
- Fixed systray modules losing icons when recycled
- Fixed a minor bug in DarkStep not storing the DarkStep directory properly in the registry
- Added API calls for file, directory, color, font and icon selection dialogs
- Fixed another API bug in the GetIcon function
- Added the !Find and !FindComp !bangs to provide the find files and find computers dialogs
Reviewing 0.971 (Mar 12, 2005)
wonder how did a 5 years old release get here. it's been discontinued and is buggy, if you want to use skinnable shells stick to litestep (freeform) and geoshell (bars), and for schemeable shells use bb4win/xoblite/bblean (blackbox clones), sharpe (bar based) and emerge desktop (soemthing in between bars and freeform).
Reviewing 0.96 (Mar 17, 2000)
i tried using it and all i got were illegal operation's i think i will stick with litestep.
Reviewing 0.911 (Nov 25, 1999)
Tested it in Windows 2000 RC3. Illegal operation. Replace shell, illegal operation. Boot in safe mode to replace shell parameters, illegal operation. Get back explorer.exe, everything runs smooth again! Once again, a top quality product released here, folks! I'll prolly have a laugh later on and run it in Windows 9x... (Is it just me or do these shell replacements always seem so unstable and just look pretty? If you want pretty, go with Gnome Linux.)
No comments yet