Supports macros and advanced features.
Yes - 30 day timeout
- You can now manage multiple workspaces. The Open Workspace, Save Workspace, Save Workspace As, and Recent Workspace (multiple items) commands were added. By default, the Workspace popup menu was added to the File menu, and various workspace commands were
- The new advanced filter allows you to specify a search range for the filter. It also allows you to specify a logical disjunction (logical OR) for multiple levels of the filter. If this is not specified, a logical conjunction (Logical AND) is used for mul
- In the Filter toolbar, previously used advanced filters can be now selected from the history
- The Bookmark All and Extract All buttons were added to the Filter toolbar
- The Filter command was added to the context menu displayed when you click on a marker on the Markers toolbar. Also, clicking a marker while pressing CTRL now works as a filter
- The Filter’s speed improvement when a very large file is opened
- The default context menu now includes the Filter command, which allows you to use the selected text or the word at cursor as a filter
- The UAC prompt will not appear anymore in the Import and Export wizard
- The Split Current Document into Several Files command now allows you to specify an existing file as the source file. This enhancement allows you to split a very large file larger than 248 GB
- The Output As drop-down list box was added to the Find in Files dialog box, which allows you to directly open the searched file and filter the file with the specified searched string
- The Find in Files and Replace in Files dialog box, the In Folder drop-down list can now contain up to 10,000 characters separating multiple folders by ‘|’. Folder names surrounded by double-quotes can be specified now. A warning message now appears when
- When the Bookmark All button was clicked in the Find dialog box, the status bar now shows how many bookmarks were increased
- Improved many dialog boxes. For example, when closing a document, the YES and NO button labels in the "Save Changes?" message box were changed to Save and Don’t Save, words that include the actual tasks
- The Free version of EmEditor now adds the Find in Files and Replace in Files command
- The new Custom (in Characters) box, the Logical Disjunction (OR) to the Previous Condition check box, and the Import and Export buttons were added to the Advanced Filter dialog box
- The Popup if Number of Items Exceeds text box was added to the History tab of the Customize dialog box
- The Browse and Add command in the menu displayed when you click the > button by the In Folder text box in the Find in Files and Replace in Files dialog boxes
- The Validate CSV and Output Errors check box was added to the CSV tab of the Customize dialog box
- The Bookmark Count in the Entire Document check box was added to the Status tab of the Customize dialog box
- The Prompt if the specified folder does not exist check box was added to the Advanced dialog box, which can be accessed from the Find in Files dialog box
Reviewing 14.5.3 (Sep 24, 2014)
Reviewing 14.3.1 (Mar 11, 2014)
Reviewing 14.0.1 (Feb 17, 2014)
Reviewing 14.0.1 (Jan 29, 2014)
5 stars. really good.
Reviewing 14.0.1 (Jan 20, 2014)
Hilarious. Notepad++. Compared to EmEditor Professional.
That person must not know that Notepad++ is strictly 32-bit. They must also not have tried it with 100-MB+ files, or else they'd know that EmEditor is drastically faster.
I tested search/replace operations under Windows 8.1 on a 146-MB file with EmEditor (64-bit) and Notepad++. The repeatable results: What EmEditor was able to do in 4 seconds or less, Notepad++ took over 6 MINUTES to do!
But hey, it's free, so let's rate it highly, right?
Calling Notepad++ an "alternative" to EmEditor Professional is like calling a bucket an alternative to a firehose.
And BTW, if paying for an application is the biggest mistake you've ever made, you're doing pretty well. Although I have to think that's hyperbole.
No comments yet