FreePOPs is an easily extensible program which allows you access to the most varied resources through the POP3 protocol. Mainly, it can be used to download mail from the most famous webmails, but it could also be used as an aggregator for RSS feeds and much more. This way it is possible to get all your messages in your favorite email client.
- OSX uses an embedded an new version of libcURL (required for hotmail)
- OSX package correctly reports its version
- Ubuntu (and the LTS dapper version) have a better support now (thanks blackmoon)
- Updater-dialog and updater-zenity fixed to use mktem instead of tempfile when not available (thanks Vito De Tullio)
- Some fixes to plugins: hotmail, supereva (thanks Scimmia), mailcom, yahoo
Reviewing 0.2.6 (Aug 18, 2008)
It could use better documentation on how to set up various email clients. Once I found the information for Thunderbird, it was easy to setup. -1 for making me search. :P
Reviewing 0.2.0 (Mar 6, 2007)
Great program. I now use it to receive mail from all my accounts in my Gmail box.
Reviewing 0.0.99 (Jun 22, 2006)
Does what it says. However, the setup is much more complicated then it has to be. Downloads take forever. I could never download the .pdl file.
Reviewing 0.0.97 (Feb 8, 2006)
FYI some of the mirrors, and as well the site holding the pdf manual are slow as molasses.........
Reviewing 0.0.95 (Oct 28, 2005)
It need some improvements:
- Make FreePOPs Start automatically after the installations. (so no need to add manually to AutoStart)
- Add mailcity, kgb.hu or primposta.
- Add autoupdate the lua
- and others improvements.
Then release the Final version 1.0. because some people still afraid of using betas software :(
No comments yet