IZArc is a free archiving tool that suports many archive formats. It allows you to drag and drop files from and to Windows Explorer, create multiple archives spanning disks, view and write comments. There is an integrated password detector that allows you to find the passwords of one password protected zip file. It has built-in multilanguage support.
- Fixed: When editing nested file it is saved in wrong directory
- Fixed displaying of large file size value in archive properties dialog
- Fixed ordering of the toolbar buttons
- Fixed support for GZ archives with 64 bit information into the header
- Fixed opening of file from an archive when there are more than one file with the same name
- Fixed extracting files from an archive with PK Zip v2.0 encryption
- Added new functionality: Extract an archive on double click instead of open it with IZArc (Options ->Configuration ->Explorer Enhancements: "Extract on double click")
- Added support for ARC archives with compression type 4
- Added possibility to extract .EXE files (only supported types) from the IZArc context menu
- Added default "Solid Archive" option for 7-ZIP archives in configuration dialog
- Added an option in Extract dialog to close IZArc after extract operation
- Updated UnRar library to version 4.20
- Updated translations
Reviewing 4.1.7 (Aug 9, 2012)
On-line installer is hanging :-(
I can't find the off-line installer.
Zoroaster, could you give some more tips (yes, I checked in the encyclopedia)?
Reviewing 4.1.7 (Jul 20, 2012)
Where is the offline installer? And a warning on IZArc webpage about false virus alerts? No problem with prior versions, but this one is suspicious.
Edit: Answer -> OpenCandy
Curiously, nothing about OpenCandy is reflected on the list of changes of version 4.1.7. And I think this is a GREAT change. Better get rid of IZArc and move to Peazip or 7-zip.
Reviewing 4.1.7 (Jul 20, 2012)
Please help me fall asleep smarter than I woke up:
Why an on-line installer for IZArc 4.1.7 ?
I don't like on-line installers, but I like IZarc. This is a cruel dilemma.
Love is in the air ... :)
Rating concerns former IZArc 4.1.6, at this time..
I managed to find the off-line download url (my education only allows me to say the site has something to do with encyclopedia), and the new IZarc is nicer than ever.
The install did mention in the TOS that OpenCandy would be of the lot during installation. Here as elsewhere just add to your HOSTS file :
and no candy :)
Sticking on 5 stars, this archiver remains my favorite.
Reviewing 4.1.6 (Apr 27, 2012)
After years of using this program, I've nothing bad to say about it. Good archive support, but my favourite feature is ISO format conversion. It has saved me a lot of trouble.
Reviewing 4.1.6 (Aug 19, 2011)
My favorite by now.
I have experience with Winzip, WinRAR, 7-zip, ZipGenius, and IZArc. I prefer IZArc over the others even though each has its own advantage.
Latest version (4.1.6) is much better than former ones. If you tried formaer versions and didn't like them, give this one a try.