InnoExtractor allows you to inspect all embedded files of installers and extract them to a local folder or a portable devices, without having to run the setup.
Some features include the ability to open installers by drag and drop from Windows Explorer; extract all embedded files of the installer (including the script) to a local folder, to zip package or to a self-extracting module; convert the CompiledCode.bin file of the installer to a readable assembly code file (for advanced users only); run embedded files; perform file searches by keyword; history for recently opened installers and more.
- Added preliminary support to extract and save the installer icon (entire icons group) to a single .ico file. In this version, this feature does not support compressed/Vista icon of 256x256 yet. This is shown as a single file called "SetupIcon.ico" in Sc
- Free and Plus: "Run" feature is now available in both editions! Only "dump_code.txt", "dump_registry.reg" and "dump_initialization.ini" can't run it from the list in Free edition
- Fixed some small bugs discovered in previous version
Reviewing 220.127.116.11 (Oct 21, 2014)
From v18.104.22.168 gone crippleware, some current features now removed, "donate" to upgrade to Plus version.
Reviewing 22.214.171.124 (Apr 25, 2014)
Don't shy away from CMD: It's an easy way to step outside of Windows.
Some help for those who've never used cmd or are Unfamiliar.. ^_^
CMD line version switches. For a *.exe file @Root C:\
NOTE THE SPACES in the 2 strings Below.!!
Start>Run . (Type) CMD (Click OK) CMD will launch & part of the String will be there
C:\Documents and Settings\user>
NOW.. Just add the command & switch. Where the command is: I want to use InnoExtractor to work with a .exe file @C:\
& the switch is -v Verify, & then -x Xtract
1) C:\Documents and Settings\user>innounp C:\*.exe -v
2) C:\Documents and Settings\user>innounp C:\*.exe -x
Where -v is Verification. Hit Enter. You get a list of the packed files.
Where -x is Xtraction... "Happy" .. Hit enter & Xtract to "\user" folder.
Note: Open Candy & other rubbish is USUALLY in a "temp" folder.
Toolbars can be anywhere. Plugins or Add-Ons is a good place to look.
After Extraction place all files in a new folder & Scan it to be sure.
Extracting Installers this way, will "NOT" trigger your A/v... Keep Safe.. I/Ex 5*
Reviewing 126.96.36.199 (Apr 24, 2014)
The installer of InnoExtractor provided by Softpedia is clean.
Reviewing 188.8.131.52 (Apr 19, 2014)
Will install a lot of crapware even when told not to install anything else. I am talking about the zip file that you have here,
Search for these SHA256 checksums - you will see virustotal scans.
Fileforum, please remove this from this site.
I noticed that softpedia has a file with different checksums.
No comments yet