Interactive Calendar is a completely free, feature-packed and extremely customizable desktop calendar that is a pleasure to use and look at. Unlike the majority of its direct competitors, this calendar software renders the calendar grid right on the wallpaper, considerably increasing the speed of refreshes/updates and seamlessly integrating with your Windows theme. Another advantage of Interactive Calendar is the degree of visual customization it supports. You can control nearly every aspect of the calendar's appearance: cell spacing, font size, position on the screen, color, opacity and so on. Which is more, you can use a dozen skins that come with the program or load your own images to serve as background for the calendar. The program also supports three interface variations, which allows it to blend perfectly with any Windows theme.
The calendar has several views and allows you easily create and manage tasks, specifying their duration, order, start and end days, description and other parameters. Task descriptions support RTF formatting, allowing you to create properly formatted and well-structured Word-like documents, if need be. Interactive Calendar supports task import (from CSV and the program's own format) and export(to CSV, XML and the program's own DB format).
- Now Interactive Calendar support recurring entries! Not necessary to create similar entries from day to day, you can make them recurring
- The program supports various types of daily, weekly, monthly and yearly recurrences
- We've added dual monitors support. Now you can choose on which monitor to show the calendar
- Moreover Interactive Calendar will work correctly with any monitors size, position and orientation
- Now Interactive Calendar is fully compatible with Windows 8 32 and 64-bit
- "Import" function has been improved, also we've added an ability to import information from the C-Organizer databases
- "Export" function has been improved, also we've added an ability to export information into C-Organizer databases
- Added Text Wrapping feature: you can select various text wrapping types to set up the text wrapping around the pictures in the Description area
- We've fixed a bug with the default font in the table cells in the Description area
- Fixed a bug with the entries visibility on the program's calendar in the main window
- Other minor improvements and bugs fixes
Reviewing 1.1 Beta (Jan 30, 2012)
Toss it on to a digital picture display, ts no doubt, and maybe, but for a calendar it already seems a bit bloated. There's no way I want a calendar overlayed on my screen. Currently I use Borg, but rainlendar would be my second choice bar none.
Reviewing 1.0 (May 25, 2011)
Tried this program and like it very much. Nice addition to my desktop.
Reviewing 1.0 (May 24, 2011)
I get over a dozen access violation errors, all different address' to InteravtiveCalender.exe.
So I uninstalled it and took it out the back and put it out of it's misery :)
Even so I did get to play with it and it does look very promising so will be looking to future releases when this problem has been fixed.
Reviewing 1.0 (May 24, 2011)
No Ical support?
Reviewing 1.0 Beta (May 18, 2011)
Great program! I think it is the best freeware desktop calendar out there.
No comments yet