IrfanView is a fast, simple freeware image viewer and editor that supports all major graphic formats, including BMP, DIB, JPEG, GIF, animated GIF, PNG, PCX, multipage TIFF, TGA, and more. In addition, it features drag-and-drop support, directory viewing, TWAIN support, slide shows, batch conversion, and modifications such as color depth, crop, blur, and sharpen.
The IrfanView PlugIns package offers additional file formats and effects for IrfanView.
- New File menu: Save Selection as (Hotkey: CTRL + SHIFT + B)
- New option in Capture dialog: Show timer countdown
- New option in Export Tiles dialog: Extract all pages from multipage files
- New option in Fine Rotation dialog: Select "best" old image
- New option in Print dialog: No image overflow on page
- New HTML-Export dialog option: Copy extra files to destination folder (prepare a "copy_files.txt" file with filenames)
- Some PCX/BMP/PPM loading bugs fixed (thanks to Moshe Kaplan)
- Improved FITS format loading
- New text pattern: $R = image aspect ratio (width/height)
- New hotkey: CTRL + Click into selection = clear selection
- Some minor fixes (Thumbnails/folder scan)
- Some workarounds for Windows-10 bugs/issues (Installer signature, Associations)
- Several PlugIns are changed/updated
Reviewing 4.38 (Jan 18, 2015)
Primo application. Way cool. 15 years of Irfan's stuff and not one hiccup. Nearly the first program I install on a new box.
Reviewing 4.38 (Dec 23, 2014)
I've been using this proggie for many ~years~, so I can say with confidence that it is best in it's class.
Reviewing 4.38 (Nov 14, 2014)
i highly recommend this, definitely worth the 4 stars!
Reviewing 4.38 (Sep 24, 2014)
Reviewing 4.38 (Jun 23, 2014)
light weight non bloat
In one image, if I want to crop multiple images at the same time, is it possible to do in Irfan View e.g. I have scan 36 photo passport on the same paper and now to want to crop it individually. How can we do a manual multiple crop with this?