K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of components needed for audio and video playback in DirectShow players such as Windows Media Player, Media Center, and Media Player Classic. It contains everything you need to play all common audio and video file formats. It also provides additional functionality such a thumbnail generation in Explorer. The pack has a very advanced installer which is highly flexible and has unique problem solving capabilities.
Standard contains everything you need to play all the common video file formats.
- Updated MPC-HC to version 126.96.36.199
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.64-26-gb3ea3
- Updated Icaros to version 2.3.0 b5
- Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 5.9.7
- LAV Audio decoder now supports decoding DTS-HD Master Audio (up to 7.1 / 96 kHz / 24-bit). Previously it could only decode the embedded DTS core
- The installer now has four installation modes (Simple/Normal/Advanced/Expert) which differ in the amount of options shown during installation. In the new default mode (Normal) less options are shown than in previous versions. To get the same amount of o
- The installer now provides options to specify your preferred audio and video player. The installation is optimized based on your choices
- In Simple and Normal install mode, the installer will now automatically create file associations for your preferred players. In Advanced and Expert mode, file associations are pre-configured, but can be adjusted as desired. There is an option to turn of
- The goal of the above changes is to make the installation easier to use for novice users, while still providing full flexibility for our experienced users. Ideas and suggestions for further improvements are very much appreciated
Reviewing 10.7.5 (Sep 24, 2014)
Reviewing 10.4.5 (May 8, 2014)
Best codec pack in internet!
Reviewing 10.3.5 (Mar 11, 2014)
Reviewing 10.2.0 (Jan 4, 2014)
This version is latest and has good quality of voice.
Reviewing 9.5.0 (Nov 26, 2012)
Must be some problem with MPC or bundled codec with this pack, having problems with .flv and .avi playback, never had any issues with K-Lite before. Will render the first few frames of the file, then have the video playback stop, while audio continues. Will wait for an update, then maybe will try this codec pack again.
No comments yet