K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of components needed for audio and video playback in DirectShow players such as Windows Media Player, Media Center, and Media Player Classic. It contains everything you need to play all common audio and video file formats. It also provides additional functionality such a thumbnail generation in Explorer. The pack has a very advanced installer which is highly flexible and has unique problem solving capabilities.
- Updated MPC-HC to version 188.8.131.52
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.64-11-g91742
- Updated x264VFW to revision 2538
- Updated LAME ACM to version 3.99.5
- Updated Icaros to version 2.3.0 b5
- Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 5.9.7
- The default audio decoder has been changed from ffdshow to LAV
- The installer now has four installation modes (Simple/Normal/Advanced/Expert) which differ in the amount of options shown during installation. In the new default mode (Normal) less options are shown than in previous versions. To get the same amount of o
- The installer now provides options to specify your preferred audio and video player. The installation is optimized based on your choices
- In Simple and Normal install mode, the installer will now automatically create file associations for your preferred players. In Advanced and Expert mode, file associations are pre-configured, but can be adjusted as desired. There is an option to turn of
- The installer now provides easy options to specify your preferred audio/video decoders and splitter
- The goal of the above changes is to make the installation easier to use for novice users, while still providing full flexibility for our experienced users. Ideas and suggestions for further improvements are very much appreciated
Reviewing 11.0.3 (Mar 13, 2015)
I haven't used anything else since my XP days and now in 8.1.
Reviewing 9.9.9 Beta 2 (Jul 19, 2013)
Luckily I came upon this here in betanews. Its helped me replace software like Real Player which I had to use to play certain video and music formats that WMP and quicktime would give me errors. Now they all work with this download. I do a pretty good look over on my pc when i download a new software to see if its adding any bs. Didn't see any. Had to go to the pub. website to see what the difference between the various versions were. I say its a safe bet to just download the mega version so it covers all bases. It says beta, but so far no problems..
Reviewing 9.9.9 Beta 2 (Jul 16, 2013)
Best in it's class period
Reviewing 9.9.9 Beta (Jun 21, 2013)
one of the BEST codec pack until now..
thank you for keeping this masterpiece alive..
and for keeping it FREE..
many people gave it a 1 or 2 stars because of spyware..
that's now spyware or malware or anything bad..
It gives you an option to install or not..
It FREE software and it's the best available online..
The developers need money and one of the way to make money is to include the toolbars in the installer package and they didn't force you to install those toolbars..Its better than some free apps that force you to install some annoying toolbars without any options to choose.
Be wise, guys :)
I've been using it since Windows XP era and am still using it..
and I don't mind with the toolbars :D
Reviewing 9.1.9 Beta (Oct 4, 2012)
No comments yet