K-Meleon is a fast, customizable, lightweight web browser based on the Gecko layout engine developed by Mozilla which is also used by Firefox. K-Meleon is Free, Open Source software released under the GNU General Public License.
- Update to Gecko 31.8
- Chg: moved bmpmenu into core, plugin bmpmenu now is only used for compatibility with older skins using menuicons.cfg
- Chg: using gecko favicon cache
- Chg: improved autocomplete result display
- Add: allow function declaration in macros
- Add: macro function date(format[, time])
- Add: macro function download(url, path[, function])
- Add: kmeleon.display.urlbar_fontsize (multiplier, default is 1)
- Add: "copy link text" in context menu
- Add: "URLBar" menu to customize the context menu of the url bar
- Fix: various minor memory leaks
- Fix: losing sessions when disk full
- Fix: last session could stop being saved after a while
- Fix: video/animation staying still when switching tab
Reviewing 75.0 (Jun 26, 2015)
I found K-Meleon to be rather confusing and scattered. There seemed, to me, to be a lack of cohesiveness. I was unable to transfer any of my bookmarks from Firefox. It was far easier to use when it first came out years ago. Anyway, I'm not impressed and it surely doesn't warrant a five star rating. I haven't the time for a new learning curve.
Reviewing 75.0 RC3 (May 6, 2015)
I use to use this as my favorite browser for websites that it worked with - 15 years ago, I'm completely psyched that it's still around and updated. Time to install and see if it's as great as it use to be !!!!
Reviewing 75.0 RC2 (Apr 2, 2015)
The best browser I know. My favourite and default one for many years.
Lightweight (most of the whole modern browsers pool), customizable, instructive and didactic.
A lot of computing fun!
Reviewing 74 Beta 4 (Jun 22, 2014)
Very fast. Stable. Very light. I like it!!!
No comments yet