MDaemon is a Windows-based email server that provides full mail server functionality and control as well as a host of other features. It includes anti-virus and anti-spam security features, seamless Web access to email via the integrated WorldClient component, can be administered remotely through the web-based WebAdmin plug-in, and much more.
Yes - 60 day timeout
-  fix to Content Filter corrupting messages that contain an attachment as the message body
-  fix to possible ActiveSync server crash when parsing malformed WBXML
-  fix to MDaemon's Account Editor does not show the correct state of the "automatically decline meeting request" options
-  fix to the meeting organizer does not receive a response when a conflicting meeting request is automatically declined
-  fix to MDaemon UI crash when opening the Public Folder Manager if a folder name is too long
-  fix to MDaemon UI crash when entering long values in the alias editor
-  fix to MDaemon may continuously retry failed connections to smart hosts
-  fix to the "Require IP persistence" option for WebAdmin is not honored
-  fix to WorldClient LookOut theme's ComAgent pane closes when clicked in
-  fix to ComAgent group messaging does not work for users with accents in their names
-  fix to the WorldClient LookOut theme may redirect IE8 users to the Standard theme
-  fix to WorldClient may crash while performing auto-complete lookup
-  fix to invalid ActiveSync GAL search response when there are multiple results
-  fix to ActiveSync GAL search responses do not include additional contact details
-  fix to ActiveSync log level cannot be changed from "None" on a new install
-  fix to a bad contact may cause an ActiveSync device to sync contacts over and over
-  fix to migration process may break IMAP ACLs for certain group names
-  fix to possible ActiveSync server crash when a message send fails
Reviewing 10.0.0 (Aug 26, 2008)
a very good and solid product, downloading 10 as we speak. Also anyone know a good free alternative?
Reviewing 8.15 (Mar 31, 2006)
MDaemon is very utilitarian and just works. We beat it silly at a previous job and it worked great. A good exchange substitute.
BoNeLeSS, considering this is a WINDOWS only mail server, why bother swinging around your list of unix-only mail servers? So tired of the linux crowd touting their goods that "if only the rest of us had their great knowledge we could use too". Geeze.
Reviewing 8.15 (Mar 15, 2006)
Very nice and powerful software at a fraction of the cost of Exchange, Domino or Groupwise. Of course you have open source alternatives (postifx, dovecot, cyrus, clamAV, spamassin, squirrelmai) but only the setup requires some level of experitse with these.
If you cant afford the three kings of groupware and you dont have the skills to setup a pure OSS mail system, then MDaemon may be the best bet.
Reviewing 7.2.3 (Feb 4, 2005)
Very good Exchange alternative, with less cost outlay. Ad on spam filter & AV works great too.
Reviewing 7.2.3 (Feb 3, 2005)
OPaul: No one says its beta.
No comments yet