MailFrontier Desktop (formerly Matador) removes the spam and phishing from your inbox. It protects your inbox automatically — no setup is needed. Using advanced spam filters and other technologies, it checks email as it comes in, and diverts spam mail to a Junk box. Email fraud is put in a separate fraud folder so you’re protected and informed. If an email gets through you don’t want, you can click “Junk “ to delete it, train it to match your preferences, and contribute your vote against spam to the real-time response network.
- The "Scan Inbox" option has been changed to "Scan Selected Folder." This change allows you to scan a selected folder to automatically remove spam and phishing emails from that folder
- The "MailFrontier Fraudulent Mail" folder has been changed to the "MailFrontier Phishing Mail" folder
- Added "Embedded Images" slider bar to the MailFrontier Desktop options under the "Messages" tab. This helps to block those annoying “Stock” and “Drug” image only spam messages
- Improved spam filtering for the latest spammer tricks including “table spam”
- Improved Phishing identification and blocking through an improved Bayesian Phishing filter
- Eliminated hanging problem when accessing an IMAP account in Outlook
Reviewing 184.108.40.20611 Beta (Feb 22, 2005)
This is a very effective program but on my machine it stops working sometimes. Spamihilator is freeware/ligther and works even better.
Reviewing 220.127.116.117 Beta (Dec 4, 2003)
The best anti-spam software I've ever used.
Reviewing 18.104.22.1687 Beta (Nov 21, 2003)
I've been using MailWasher Pro, but was not %100 satisfied.
I just tried Matador and it is very simple to set up and use. This is a keeper!
Reviewing 22.214.171.1241 Beta (Oct 24, 2003)
Just a quick note captainahab Matador uses much more sophisticated algorithms than simple white lists. It automatically identifies and blocks forged headers by analyzing the hidden headers and tracking original servers that sent the message. They also have another corporate solution that can sit on the corporate server to block spam for all employees and learn from their blocking patterns. Thus its accuracy over other simpler products in the market.
Reviewing 126.96.36.1991 Beta (Oct 23, 2003)
Kudos to Matador for being on the right track. Challenge/response is the only sure way of blocking spam but the only problem with using an anti-spam program such as Matador or other client sided spam blocker is that you still have to download the spam - it just gets sent to a different folder. Server side challenge/response with whitelisting of all approved senders is the best bet at keeping spammers out while assuring you receive all legitimate email. Read more here: http://www.geocities.com...resources/filter-cr.htm
No comments yet