MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. It provides general information for multimedia files like: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration, etc. It also provides more specific information for audio files such as: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate and more, and information for video files such as: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate and more. This information can be exported as text, CSV or HTML.
- MXF: forcing detection of MPEG Video in case EssenceCompression is not present but MPEG2VideoDescriptor is present
- GXF: detection of some captions and time codes event if they are not present at the beginning of the file (testing middle of the file)
- DASH MPD: basic support
- HDS F4M (Flash Media Manifest): basic support
- DCP AssetMap (AM), PackageList (PKL) and CompositionPlaylist (CPL): basic support
- IMF AssetMap (AM), PackageList (PKL) and CompositionPlaylist (CPL): basic support
- Mac dylib: looking for the dylib in @executable_path and CFBundleCopyExecutableURL dir
- AAC: option for instantaneous bitrate in fast detect mode (MediaInfoLib only)
- FTP (custom builds only): support of UTF-8 file names
- Colour description: colour_description_present added, better separation between bitstream values and container values
- MPEG-4: RLE, color space and bit depth
- Law rating: support of CEA-608 XDS Content Advisory in MPEG-PS, MPEG-Ts, LXF, GXF
- MPEG-4/MOV: Bug found in one file, sample size is 16 with a 32-bit CodecID ("fl32"), correcting the output of MediaInfo
- #B775, AVI: AVI can use negative height for raw to signal that it's coded top-down, not bottom-up
- #B780, MPEG-TS: crash with some files having PAT/PMT change between begin and end of the file
- #B782, PBCore 1.2: some fields were not in the right order
- #B784, some humain readable strings were not removed when the corresponding field is removed
- #B787, MPEG-4/QuickTime: Erratic appereance of Bitrate Mode
- #B798: setlocale() remove from DLL
- #B785, DVCPRO HD: streams can be 8 or 10 bit, removing hard coded value from DV parser (MXF header value is used instead when applicable)
- MPEG-4: wrong demux of some E-AC-3 streams
- AAC: detection of HE-AACv2 was missing if the library is configured with fast detection
- MPEG Video: wrong computing of duration of raw stream in case of drop frame time code
- Automation, StreamKind type was set to integer, it is text
- MPEG-4: was reading lot of useless bytes from disk when the raw stream format is not known
- AVI: crash with some malformed text streams
- Reference/playlist files were not supported from FTP (custom builds only)
- MPEG-4/MOV: ScanOrder was using "stored" value instead of "displayed" value
- MXF: Detection of Dolby E was not working in some cases (regression in 0.7.62)
- MPEG-4/MOV: freeze with some files having mono 32-bit PCM
Reviewing 0.7.65 (Dec 1, 2013)
Reviewing 0.7.65 (Nov 23, 2013)
@some guy. I hope this is helpful for you Buddy.... & Anyone Else..!!
..How I deal with Open Candy..
## Open Candy aint a threat unless it is installed ##.
During Download, my ESET nod32 triggers 3 times. But i ignore it & continue
to download. I then put the file into a new folder on my desktop & ESET gives
another warning, but again I Ignore it.
From this point, I make it portable which requires Unpacking. & this Op is
Similar to using the Installer. And YES. I get the Flag from NOD32 telling
me that OCandy is trying to be Installed. I Select "Clean" which moves the file OCsetuphlp.dll ..... into Quarantine.
Anyone who is really freaky about Open Candy.. lol
1) Scan/Search your C: drive for .. PUP.Optional.OpenCandy
FIND it MEANS: It is Installed & you will need a removal Tool
2) Scan/Search your C: drive for .. OCsetuphlp.dll
FIND it MEANS: It is lurking Inside a file & waiting to be Installed... "SHRED IT"
(Not the whole App. Just ... OCsetuphlp.dll .. ^_^
Do the same on ANY External drives which contain Apps.
You can of course Look around for a portable version of MediaInfo.... 5*
Reviewing 0.7.65 (Nov 22, 2013)
the software it;s self is topnotch and does what it says I would give it a 5 star on that factor but it is flagged at total virus for open candy their for 2 stars
info on open candy
Reviewing 0.7.64 (Jul 7, 2013)
-Easily made portable. Without getting a portable version.
I use it in HTML mode. (Whatever suits you)..!!
Gives the basics of your Vid: Codec, Format, AR, Brate, audio, etc.
For the full data of a vid, Hit the Debug tab & click Advanced.
Used it forever. I've never had an Issue with this App Altho I've
never Installed it. This app is more for the techy Encode/ReCoders.
If you just use a Vid converter, then this app isn't really for you.
Gets top whack from me. 5*
Thumbs up to the other FIVERS... :tup:
Reviewing 0.7.55 (Apr 7, 2012)
Darn thing crashes like a jet flying over Lockerbie.
No comments yet