MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. It provides general information for multimedia files like: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration, etc. It also provides more specific information for audio files such as: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate and more, and information for video files such as: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate and more. This information can be exported as text, CSV or HTML.
- AS-11 (Core, Segmentation, UK DPP items) display
- MXF: support of TTML (SMPTE ST 2052) detection
- MXF: option --File_Mxf_TimeCodeFromMaterialPackage for using the time code track from Material package instead of Source package (CLI/DLL only)
- Duration in HH:MM:SS:FF format (hidden by default)
- AVC: detection of Intra profiles
- MXF: both Material and Source package time codes are displayed
- MPEG-TS: more information for Teletext subtitle e.g. "For hearing impaired people"
- Detecting sidecar XML files for captions (e.g. TTML/DFXP), option for CLI and Lib
- AVC and HEVC: colour_range information (Limited/Full), thanks to Vittorio Giovara
- OP-47/SDP/Teletext: detection of magazine numbers
- MOV/MPEG-4: basic support of iTunMOVI tag
- MOV/MPEG-4: support of track title and few other track related tags
- MOV/MPEG-4: detection of Dolby E in a stereo track
- AVC: using the first pic_struct as fallback for scan order if other methods fail, thanks to Smit for the idea
- IMF: better compatibility with packages from different vendors
- PBCore 2.0 technical metadata output option, thanks to Dave Rice
- WMV: Time code track and value of first frame display, sponsored by AVCOM
- MPEG Video: Open/Closed GOP status
- HEVC: Support of Pixel Aspect Ratio in VUI, thanks to Kurtnoise
- SMPTE ST 331: wrong channel positions
- B872, MOV: StreamOrder field was wrong in case of chapter references
- More coherency between the File interface and the By buffer interface
- Matroska: wrong dection of video/audio delay in case of B-frames before the first I-frame
- Time code striped/not striped information is moved from "Format_Settings" to "TimeCode_Striped"
- SMPTE ST 337: infinite loop during scanning of some non ST 337 streams
- MP4/MOV: Using less data during detection of Dolby E hidden in a PCM track
- Matroska: some crashs after file name of attachments update
- MXF: MXF time code track was not displayed with some compilation options (e.g. the default Windows build)
Reviewing 0.7.67 (Feb 10, 2014)
Love it, but this version has been out for a month now.
Reviewing 0.7.65 (Nov 23, 2013)
@some guy. I hope this is helpful for you Buddy.... & Anyone Else..!!
..How I deal with Open Candy..
## Open Candy aint a threat unless it is installed ##.
During Download, my ESET nod32 triggers 3 times. But i ignore it & continue
to download. I then put the file into a new folder on my desktop & ESET gives
another warning, but again I Ignore it.
From this point, I make it portable which requires Unpacking. & this Op is
Similar to using the Installer. And YES. I get the Flag from NOD32 telling
me that OCandy is trying to be Installed. I Select "Clean" which moves the file OCsetuphlp.dll ..... into Quarantine.
Anyone who is really freaky about Open Candy.. lol
1) Scan/Search your C: drive for .. PUP.Optional.OpenCandy
FIND it MEANS: It is Installed & you will need a removal Tool
2) Scan/Search your C: drive for .. OCsetuphlp.dll
FIND it MEANS: It is lurking Inside a file & waiting to be Installed... "SHRED IT"
(Not the whole App. Just ... OCsetuphlp.dll .. ^_^
Do the same on ANY External drives which contain Apps.
You can of course Look around for a portable version of MediaInfo.... 5*
Reviewing 0.7.65 (Nov 22, 2013)
the software it;s self is topnotch and does what it says I would give it a 5 star on that factor but it is flagged at total virus for open candy their for 2 stars
info on open candy
Reviewing 0.7.64 (Jul 7, 2013)
-Easily made portable. Without getting a portable version.
I use it in HTML mode. (Whatever suits you)..!!
Gives the basics of your Vid: Codec, Format, AR, Brate, audio, etc.
For the full data of a vid, Hit the Debug tab & click Advanced.
Used it forever. I've never had an Issue with this App Altho I've
never Installed it. This app is more for the techy Encode/ReCoders.
If you just use a Vid converter, then this app isn't really for you.
Gets top whack from me. 5*
Thumbs up to the other FIVERS... :tup:
Reviewing 0.7.55 (Apr 7, 2012)
Darn thing crashes like a jet flying over Lockerbie.
No comments yet