MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. It provides general information for multimedia files like: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration, etc. It also provides more specific information for audio files such as: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate and more, and information for video files such as: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate and more. This information can be exported as text, CSV or HTML.
- DTS Neural Audio: display of DTS Neural Audio descriptor information (matrix encoded channels count and position), sponsored by Numericable
- FFV1: version, bit depth, color space, chroma subsampling, versions 0 to 3, sponsored by NOA Audio Solutions
- HuffYUV: version, bit depth, color space, chroma subsampling, versions 1 to 3, sponsored by NOA Audio Solutions
- PDF: basic detection (goal is to detect PDF/A profile)
- HLS: support of encrypted streams (key must be in FileName.FileExt.key or provided via the library API)
- CDP: using CDP service descriptor for the list of 708 services + language information
- MXF: showing the real bit depth ("Quantization bits"); the count of bits stored in the file is in a new field "Stored bit depth" if it differs
- MXF: Audio "frame rate" (how PCM content is split in packets) information
- MXF: Audio block alignment byte size (hidden by default)
- VC-3: adding the commercial name "DNxHD" + bitrate class
- MXF: SMPTE ST 377-4 (MXF Multichannel Audio Labeling Framework)
- MXF: "ChannelLayoutID" new field (hidden by default) containing the MXF Channel Assignment Label
- Wave64: Duration
- CDP: frame rate
- IMF: improvements (still work in progress)
- QuickTime: ia13 CodecID
- CDP: using ccsvcinfo_section() for service presence and language information
- MXF/CDP: law rating (from CEA-608 XDS) information added (other containers were already supported)
- CEA-608: Program name information
- BMP: support of OS/2 headers
- HLS: com.apple.streaming.transportStreamTimestamp support
- ISM: ISMT / text (TTML) streams support
- MXF: detection of buggy BlockAlign from some muxers, so PCM bit depth is correctly detected despite the buggy metadata
- HEVC: library name of some encoding libraries
- MPEG-2 Video: picture structure for interlaced content (interlaced content can have a frame structure)
- HLS: support of some encrypted files (AES-128 with default IV and per segment), key is provided by the command line --File_Encryption_Key=(Base64 data)
- HEVC: adding support of x265 library name and x265 encoding settings
- ProRes: more details about ProRes in AVI or Matroska
- DV: support of AVd1 CodecID
- CMake: scripts improvements, thanks to Ivan Romanov
- Matroska: file name of attachments, thanks to Marshall
- HEVC: some streams with VUI were not parsed
- MPEG Video: was not correctly handling 1000:1001 frame rates and NDF time codes combination during frame count computing
- MPEG Video: was not correctly detecting the time stamp of the first frame in case of closed GOP with first frame not the I-frame
- XDCAM: information about the MXF header presence was not provided if MOV header has a glbl atom
- Some specific C++11 code is removed for full compatibility with older C++
- MXF: Time codes values were buggy in case of MXF with pre-charge ("Origin" not 0)
- MPEG-4 Visual: wrong analysis in case on video_object_layer_shape not set to regular
- MPEG-4/MOV: trying to display the summary differently when there is a difference between container and raw stream channels count information (long term method to be discussed)
- Non-Unicode version was not building anymore
- DyLib: trying to have a better support of pure C compilers
Reviewing 0.7.67 (Feb 10, 2014)
Love it, but this version has been out for a month now.
Reviewing 0.7.65 (Nov 23, 2013)
@some guy. I hope this is helpful for you Buddy.... & Anyone Else..!!
..How I deal with Open Candy..
## Open Candy aint a threat unless it is installed ##.
During Download, my ESET nod32 triggers 3 times. But i ignore it & continue
to download. I then put the file into a new folder on my desktop & ESET gives
another warning, but again I Ignore it.
From this point, I make it portable which requires Unpacking. & this Op is
Similar to using the Installer. And YES. I get the Flag from NOD32 telling
me that OCandy is trying to be Installed. I Select "Clean" which moves the file OCsetuphlp.dll ..... into Quarantine.
Anyone who is really freaky about Open Candy.. lol
1) Scan/Search your C: drive for .. PUP.Optional.OpenCandy
FIND it MEANS: It is Installed & you will need a removal Tool
2) Scan/Search your C: drive for .. OCsetuphlp.dll
FIND it MEANS: It is lurking Inside a file & waiting to be Installed... "SHRED IT"
(Not the whole App. Just ... OCsetuphlp.dll .. ^_^
Do the same on ANY External drives which contain Apps.
You can of course Look around for a portable version of MediaInfo.... 5*
Reviewing 0.7.65 (Nov 22, 2013)
the software it;s self is topnotch and does what it says I would give it a 5 star on that factor but it is flagged at total virus for open candy their for 2 stars
info on open candy
Reviewing 0.7.64 (Jul 7, 2013)
-Easily made portable. Without getting a portable version.
I use it in HTML mode. (Whatever suits you)..!!
Gives the basics of your Vid: Codec, Format, AR, Brate, audio, etc.
For the full data of a vid, Hit the Debug tab & click Advanced.
Used it forever. I've never had an Issue with this App Altho I've
never Installed it. This app is more for the techy Encode/ReCoders.
If you just use a Vid converter, then this app isn't really for you.
Gets top whack from me. 5*
Thumbs up to the other FIVERS... :tup:
Reviewing 0.7.55 (Apr 7, 2012)
Darn thing crashes like a jet flying over Lockerbie.
No comments yet