Microsoft virtual machine (Microsoft VM) enables Java programs to run on Windows platforms. It is included in most versions of Windows and Internet Explorer.
- Fixes a security vulnerability that affects the ByteCode Verifier component of the Microsoft VM
- This VM build includes all previously released security fixes, as well as fixing a newly reported security vulnerability that affects the ByteCode Verifier and could allow an attacker to run code of his or her choice on a user’s system
Reviewing 5.00.3810 (Mar 11, 2014)
Reviewing 5.00.3810 (Feb 17, 2014)
Reviewing 5.00.3810 (Nov 7, 2006)
Outdated and contains unpatched security vulnerabilities. Windows XP SP2 uninstalls this for a reason. Do NOT install this unless you want "drive by" spyware. Install Sun's Java instead - much safer.
Reviewing 5.00.3810 (Aug 23, 2005)
To be honest, I've yet to try this version. But I hope and pray it's more stable and less sluggish than the Sun VM. Sun, completely on its own, has made me shudder whenever I have to use a Java app. Alas, excellent programs like Freemind come in no other favlour, so I'm forced to use Java.
If only Sun would develop a version of Java that doesn't appear to be dragging a program through molasses.
Reviewing 5.00.3810 (Sep 30, 2004)
This first Review from donpacman Apr 11, 2003
was prophetically right about MSJVM (Microsoft Java Virtual Machine) Version: 5.00.3810
He said "If you have a MS system I would download this (VM) and keep it because a judge will stop MS from distributing VM and we'll have to use that garbage from SUN"
Today 30Sep2004, With Windows 2000 Service Pack 4:
1) The Microsoft Update Q816093_W2K_SP4_X86_EN.exe REFUSES TO INSTALL,
2) Microsoft's MSJVM alternative HAVE ALL BEEN WITHDRAWN (no msjavwu.exe version 5.00.3810 is available from microsoft.com)
3) So your only alternative is this download (MSJavWU_8073687b82d41db93f4c2a04af2b34d.exe) which you should rename msjavwu.exe for Win2000 SP4 to accept it.
4) The Sun J2RE (Java Runtime Environment j2re-1_4_2_05-windows-i586-p.exe) works OK on XP SP1 BUT refuses to decompress/unzip on 2 different Win2000 SP4 PC/Laptop with an error "Failed to extract file 'Dll_.ini' from the binary table." in windows "InstallShield DLL Custom Action"
See the brilliant forum/article: http://www.mcse.ms/message1062959.html entitled "XP SP2 and Sun Java Plugin" but which, in fact, covers all Windows and Java (Sun/MS/..) problems.
It is were I found this article: "I am informed by Torgeir Bakken, MVP, that if you rename the downloaded file from here: http://fileforum.betanew...ail.php3?fid=1050022631 to msjavwu.exe it will then also work for W2000 SP4.)
Thank you very much for this download. I'm not a Sun or Microsoft partisan but like most people, I JUST WANT WINDOWS/IE6 TO WORK (and safely with Java)
No comments yet