Microsoft virtual machine (Microsoft VM) enables Java programs to run on Windows platforms. It is included in most versions of Windows and Internet Explorer.
- Fixes a security vulnerability that affects the ByteCode Verifier component of the Microsoft VM
- This VM build includes all previously released security fixes, as well as fixing a newly reported security vulnerability that affects the ByteCode Verifier and could allow an attacker to run code of his or her choice on a user’s system
Reviewing 5.00.3810 (Feb 17, 2014)
Reviewing 5.00.3810 (Nov 7, 2006)
Outdated and contains unpatched security vulnerabilities. Windows XP SP2 uninstalls this for a reason. Do NOT install this unless you want "drive by" spyware. Install Sun's Java instead - much safer.
Reviewing 5.00.3810 (Aug 23, 2005)
To be honest, I've yet to try this version. But I hope and pray it's more stable and less sluggish than the Sun VM. Sun, completely on its own, has made me shudder whenever I have to use a Java app. Alas, excellent programs like Freemind come in no other favlour, so I'm forced to use Java.
If only Sun would develop a version of Java that doesn't appear to be dragging a program through molasses.
Reviewing 5.00.3810 (Sep 30, 2004)
This first Review from donpacman Apr 11, 2003
was prophetically right about MSJVM (Microsoft Java Virtual Machine) Version: 5.00.3810
He said "If you have a MS system I would download this (VM) and keep it because a judge will stop MS from distributing VM and we'll have to use that garbage from SUN"
Today 30Sep2004, With Windows 2000 Service Pack 4:
1) The Microsoft Update Q816093_W2K_SP4_X86_EN.exe REFUSES TO INSTALL,
2) Microsoft's MSJVM alternative HAVE ALL BEEN WITHDRAWN (no msjavwu.exe version 5.00.3810 is available from microsoft.com)
3) So your only alternative is this download (MSJavWU_8073687b82d41db93f4c2a04af2b34d.exe) which you should rename msjavwu.exe for Win2000 SP4 to accept it.
4) The Sun J2RE (Java Runtime Environment j2re-1_4_2_05-windows-i586-p.exe) works OK on XP SP1 BUT refuses to decompress/unzip on 2 different Win2000 SP4 PC/Laptop with an error "Failed to extract file 'Dll_.ini' from the binary table." in windows "InstallShield DLL Custom Action"
See the brilliant forum/article: http://www.mcse.ms/message1062959.html entitled "XP SP2 and Sun Java Plugin" but which, in fact, covers all Windows and Java (Sun/MS/..) problems.
It is were I found this article: "I am informed by Torgeir Bakken, MVP, that if you rename the downloaded file from here: http://fileforum.betanew...ail.php3?fid=1050022631 to msjavwu.exe it will then also work for W2000 SP4.)
Thank you very much for this download. I'm not a Sun or Microsoft partisan but like most people, I JUST WANT WINDOWS/IE6 TO WORK (and safely with Java)
Reviewing 5.00.3810 (Jun 6, 2004)
No problem with Sun Java 2 here and I am runing it on AMD Athlon 900. I have much more trouble with MS Java as it is not vritten by Java specification and many things are broken with it. No wonder Java gets bad name when people use this MS version which is really bad.
No comments yet