MobaXterm is an enhanced terminal with an X server and a set of Unix commands (GNU/Cygwin) packaged in a single portable exe file. MobaXterm includes a great multitab native Windows terminal, a new X server based on X.Org for easily export your Unix/Linux display and a lot of new GNU Unix commands. You can also use some of the free plugins for extending MobaXterm capabilities.
- Improvement: MobaXterm graphical interface has been reworked (removed useless widgets, re-organized functions) in order to make it cleaner and easier to use
- Improvement: Chinese, Japanese and Korean keyboard are now fully managed using Input Method Editor (IME)
- Feature addition: The left sidebar can now be automatically shown/hidden by overlapping terminal, without resizing it
- Feature addition: A new "network scanner" tool allows you to search for computers in your network with listening services (can be disabled in PRO edition)
- Feature addition: A new "ports scanner" tool allows you to scan a computer in order to list open ports (can be disabled in PRO edition)
- Bug fix: Permission problems on SSH keys on Windows 8/8.1 have been fixed
- Feature addition: You can now specify terminal colors in global settings or per session
- Bug fix: Removed unwanted delay when changing from a tab to another one with an active SSH session and inactive SFTP
- Improvement: Changed terminal default charset to UTF-8 for better compatibility (you can change back to ISO-8859-1 in order to restore old charset behavior)
- Improvement: You can now specify a default login name for SSH sessions
- Improvement: SFTP upload speed is now 8 times faster on recent OpenSSH servers
- Feature addition: you can now specify a local folder for FTP and SFTP sessions
- Improvement: Updated X server to version 1.14.5 (some small fixes, especially for copy/paste operations)
- Bug fix: in SSH sessions, when a command was specified and the SFTP browser was enabled, it was not displayed
- Feature addition: A new "Quick connect" bar has been added in order to launch your saved sessions easily
- Bug fix: corrected a terminal problem on Windows 8.1 which resulted in a hidden cursor after resizing window
- Improvement: FTP passwords can now be saved
- Bug fix: Using FTP session, some files were incorrectly detected as "character devices" and thus were not editable
- Bug fix: Using FTP or SFTP sessions, some files were incorrectly detected as DOS/UNIX/MAC format in MobaTextEditor
- Improvement: After performing a "find" command in the terminal, the clipboard is now flushed
- Bug fix: In some very particular cases, the master password was asked although no master password was set
- Improvement: On the SFTP browser frame, the tooltip is now displayed after a short delay
- Bug fix: When password saving function had been disabled in the customizer (PRO edition), SSH gateway was not working correctly
- Improvement: COM ports are no longer tested at startup in order to increase startup speed
- Feature addition: 3 new X server modes available: these modes allow you to launch a transparent X server with window borders from fvwm, or even the full fvwm desktop
- Bug fix: The "follow SSH folder" feature did not work on old Solaris remote connections
- Bug fix: On German keyboard, AltGr+A now works correctly
- Improvement: Automatically set the correct charset for DOS commands (ipconfig, ping, ...)
- Improvement: Automatically set the correct charset for CMD sessions
- Improvement: Changed default sessions name
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 13, 2012)
quite simply. Brilliant.
Attractive to look at (and configurable)
Fast to load and portable
Low memory usage
Incredibly feature rich
Supports plugins (and there are several)
Actively developed (unlike Putty)
and 100% free.
Just an amazing bit of software
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 11, 2012)
Just brilliant! Discovered v5.1 and never looked back. All my needs in one place. Can't ask for anything better. Kudos to the author.
Reviewing 3.0 (Aug 23, 2010)
The best alternative to Exceed, Xming or PuTTY : this program does everything in a small portable executable: X server, telnet, SSH, graphical SFTP...
I can't imagine connecting to my remote Linux server using another program.
A must have!!
Reviewing 2.2 (Oct 17, 2009)
This should get 6 (six) stars. The concept is quite amazing.
Quick explanation: Gives you an X server on the Windows machines which allows you to s***o remote *nix machines with X forwarding enabled!
This allows you to run remote X based apps!!! (xterm, etc)
No comments yet