MobaXterm is an enhanced terminal with an X server and a set of Unix commands (GNU/Cygwin) packaged in a single portable exe file. MobaXterm includes a great multitab native Windows terminal, a new X server based on X.Org for easily export your Unix/Linux display and a lot of new GNU Unix commands. You can also use some of the free plugins for extending MobaXterm capabilities.
- New feature: Added "MobApt", a new package manager based on the great "apt-cyg" tool, for automatic installation of Cygwin utilities through internet
- New feature: Added CRON service and "crontab" tool
- New feature: You can now specify a persistent root folder ("/"). This is especially useful if you want to install packages using "MobApt" and you want to keep them across MobaXterm restarts
- New feature: You can now specify an INI file using the "-i" commandline parameter. You can use a local path (C:\some\place\MobaXterm.ini), a network share (\\MyServer\shared\MobaXterm.ini) or an URL (http://mywebserver/MyConfigFile.ini)
- Improvement: Multi-selection is now enabled in sessions tree
- Bug fix: Reconnection message window height has been increased
- Bug fix: the clipboard is no longer flushed when trying to find text in the terminal
- Improvement: Added RDP gateway feature in RDP sessions
- Improvement: Cygwin library has been updated to latest version (1.7.31)
- Improvement: Default tab size has been increased for high-DPI monitors
- Bug fix: Tab title was not correctly updated when connecting to SSH with the SFTP browser disabled
- Improvement: New variables are now available for folders selection (for logs folder, home directory, INI file folder, ...): %CurrentFolder%, %CurrentDrive%, %UserDir%, %UserName%, %ComputerName%, %TempDir%, %DesktopDir%, %ProfileDir%
- Bug fix: SSH tunnels are now started one by one to prevent compatibility issues between tunnels
- Improvement: Configuration settings have been sorted by categories
- Improvement: FTP is now automatically reconnected after server disconnection or timeout
- Improvement: You can now specify the persistent HOME (/home/mobaxterm) and SLASH (/) folder paths in MobaXterm customizer
- Improvement: You can now specify the default text editor in MobaXterm customizer
- Improvement: Updated busybox to version 1.22.1
- Bug fix: the "pipe" key was not recorded into macros with French and German keyboards
- Improvement: Tried to implement a workaround for the GbpSv rootkit which kills MobaXterm randomly on Brazilian computers
- Improvement: Added the "sshpass" tool for ssh sessions automation
- Improvement: Hitting "Esc" now closes dialog boxes
- Improvement: SFTP browser now follows symbolic links
- Bug fix: the "new folder", "new file" and "rename" dialog windows were sometimes hidden behind main MobaXterm window
- Improvement: Telnet sessions can now be tunneled through SSH
Reviewing 7.1 (Apr 14, 2014)
Excellent tool for SSH, SCP, SFTP, RDP connections with an embedded X11 server!
MobaXterm is really convenient, especially when you have multiple SSH servers to reach, files to transfer and graphical applications to launch remotely, and when you care about security.
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 13, 2012)
quite simply. Brilliant.
Attractive to look at (and configurable)
Fast to load and portable
Low memory usage
Incredibly feature rich
Supports plugins (and there are several)
Actively developed (unlike Putty)
and 100% free.
Just an amazing bit of software
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 11, 2012)
Just brilliant! Discovered v5.1 and never looked back. All my needs in one place. Can't ask for anything better. Kudos to the author.
Reviewing 3.0 (Aug 23, 2010)
The best alternative to Exceed, Xming or PuTTY : this program does everything in a small portable executable: X server, telnet, SSH, graphical SFTP...
I can't imagine connecting to my remote Linux server using another program.
A must have!!
No comments yet