MobaXterm is an enhanced terminal with an X server and a set of Unix commands (GNU/Cygwin) packaged in a single portable exe file. MobaXterm includes a great multitab native Windows terminal, a new X server based on X.Org for easily export your Unix/Linux display and a lot of new GNU Unix commands. You can also use some of the free plugins for extending MobaXterm capabilities.
- New feature: added a new "inline search" feature which allows you to highlight search terms directly into the terminal itself
- New feature: added an internal SSH agent "MobAgent" which allows you to automatically load SSH keys at MobaXterm startup and to forward them
- Improvement: the keyboard shortcut for "Paste inside terminal" can now be modified (default: Shift+INSERT). Remember that there is no shortcut for "COPY" as copying is performed automatically when you select some text
- Improvement: you can now scroll in Tmux using Shift+MouseWheel if you have the "set-window-option -g mode-mouse on" feature enabled in your ".tmux.conf" file
- Improvement: enhanced compatibility with Emacs in terminal mode (better scrolling, better selection using shift+arrows, better home/end/arrows keys handling, better Ctrl+Alt shortcuts handling)
- Improvement: added "Pageant" support for SSH tunnels and SSH gateways
- Improvement: if you use a laptop and sometimes connect it to an external monitor, MobaXterm will automatically store 2 independant graphical configuration profiles (window position/size, sidebar visibility) for each configuration
- Improvement: you can now select terminals for writing in "MultiExec" mode
- Improvement: you can now force terminal font antialiasing even if ClearType is disabled in your Windows configuration
- Improvement: better URL detection for Ctrl+click on the terminal
- Improvement: improved GSSAPI authentication for the SFTP browser
- Improvement: added a new global setting which allows to disable SSH banner
- Improvement: the terminal popup menu can be displayed using Ctrl+right-click or Shift+right-click when using right-click to paste
- Improvement: enhanced compatibility with Byobu (Ctrl+function keys)
- Improvement: telnet escape sequence was not handled correctly on German and French keyboards
- Improvement: when using "-newtab" command with MobaXterm minimized, the application is properly restored
- Improvement: you can now navigate in the SFTP browser using arrows, return and back keys
- Improvement: added some more debugging information in log for failed SFTP connection attempts
- Improvement: HOME and END keys now work properly in "less" command
- Bug fix: main window size/position were not automatically saved after MobaXterm was closed with some particular Windows configuration
- Bug fix: Sidebar visibility and "compact mode" were not automatically saved after MobaXterm was closed with some particular Windows configuration
- Bug fix: corrected some issues when pasting to all terminals (in MultiExec mode): some terminals were not updated in some specific conditions
- Bug fix: corrected a "freeze" issue when closing SSH tab with SFTP browser and "follow SSH path" checked, in some particular cases
- Bug fix: corrected a "freeze" issue when resizing MobaXterm while a CMD or POWERSHELL session is running on Windows 10
- Bug fix: corrected some issues with flashing taskbar or focus loss at terminal startup
- Bug fix: disabled GSSAPI authentication attempt when it is unchecked in global settings
- Bug fix: corrected the erroneous "closewhendone" mention in the documentation (the correct commandline parameter is "exitwhendone")
- Bug fix: the "newtab" command was not starting a new tab properly for ssh commands
- Bug fix: fixed "Decrease font size" menu entry which resized the terminal window instead of changing columns/rows number
- Bug fix: you can now extend selection using Shift+left-click
- Bug fix: HOME and END keys did not send correct key codes in some applications
- Bug fix: Shift+Arrow keys did not work properly in some applications
Reviewing 7.1 (Apr 14, 2014)
Excellent tool for SSH, SCP, SFTP, RDP connections with an embedded X11 server!
MobaXterm is really convenient, especially when you have multiple SSH servers to reach, files to transfer and graphical applications to launch remotely, and when you care about security.
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 13, 2012)
quite simply. Brilliant.
Attractive to look at (and configurable)
Fast to load and portable
Low memory usage
Incredibly feature rich
Supports plugins (and there are several)
Actively developed (unlike Putty)
and 100% free.
Just an amazing bit of software
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 11, 2012)
Just brilliant! Discovered v5.1 and never looked back. All my needs in one place. Can't ask for anything better. Kudos to the author.
Reviewing 3.0 (Aug 23, 2010)
The best alternative to Exceed, Xming or PuTTY : this program does everything in a small portable executable: X server, telnet, SSH, graphical SFTP...
I can't imagine connecting to my remote Linux server using another program.
A must have!!
No comments yet