MobaXterm is an enhanced terminal with an X server and a set of Unix commands (GNU/Cygwin) packaged in a single portable exe file. MobaXterm includes a great multitab native Windows terminal, a new X server based on X.Org for easily export your Unix/Linux display and a lot of new GNU Unix commands. You can also use some of the free plugins for extending MobaXterm capabilities.
- New feature: added "SCP" protocol for the graphical SSH-browser: MobaXterm can now use SCP in order to browse your remote server content. This experimental feature can be activated from your SSH session settings
- Improvement: accelerated terminal display even in TrueColors mode
- Improvement: with SCP protocol, SSH-browser does not open a new SSH connection anymore, but makes use of the existing terminal connection instead (SSH multiplexing)
- Improvement: with SCP protocol, SSH-browser is not "connected" anymore and thus it stays alive as long as the terminal SSH connection is enabled
- Improvement: greatly improved SSH-browser transfer speed when using the new SCP protocol
- Improvement: if SSH-browser cannot connect using SFTP protocol, it will try SCP protocol instead
- Improvement: renamed "SFTP browser" to "SSH-browser"
- Improvement: added a "Flicker Free" setting for MobaXterm main window
- Improvement: added color support to "less" and "git" commands
- Improvement: improved detection of running sub-process when starting or stopping MobaXterm
- Improvement: starting a session from a file now opens it in a new tab if an existing instance of MobaXterm already exists
- Improvement: added "OpenIniFile" command which allows to directly open MobaXterm.ini file from local terminal
- Improvement: you can now clear the screen AND the scrollback buffer by using the "Clear scrollback" right-click menu entry on any terminal
- Improvement: using the "newtab" commandline switch now sets MobaXterm running instance to foreground
- Bug fix: fixed a potential issue with open remote files through SSH when multiple instances of MobaXterm were opened and a file with same name is open on 2 different remote servers
- Bug fix: fixed a vulnerability in "MoTTY" PuTTY-based terminal (CVE-2015-5309)
- Bug fix: fixed the filter field in "MobApt" package manager which displays "Filter packages" instead of "Filter sessions"
- Bug fix: fixed log file names which did not properly mention remote hostname in case a SSH gateway has been defined
- Bug fix: fixed fullscreen mode on multi-monitors environment when 2nd monitor coordinates were negative
- Bug fix: fixed bug on "paste" command which did not work properly with Windows files
- Bug fix: fixed a bug with commandline SSH when default SSH username chosen in global settings contains special characters
- Bug fix: fixed an issue in FTP sessions: when removing a folder, MobaXterm tried to perform a CWD in the removed folder after its deletion
Reviewing 7.1 (Apr 14, 2014)
Excellent tool for SSH, SCP, SFTP, RDP connections with an embedded X11 server!
MobaXterm is really convenient, especially when you have multiple SSH servers to reach, files to transfer and graphical applications to launch remotely, and when you care about security.
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 13, 2012)
quite simply. Brilliant.
Attractive to look at (and configurable)
Fast to load and portable
Low memory usage
Incredibly feature rich
Supports plugins (and there are several)
Actively developed (unlike Putty)
and 100% free.
Just an amazing bit of software
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 11, 2012)
Just brilliant! Discovered v5.1 and never looked back. All my needs in one place. Can't ask for anything better. Kudos to the author.
Reviewing 3.0 (Aug 23, 2010)
The best alternative to Exceed, Xming or PuTTY : this program does everything in a small portable executable: X server, telnet, SSH, graphical SFTP...
I can't imagine connecting to my remote Linux server using another program.
A must have!!
No comments yet