MobaXterm is an enhanced terminal with an X server and a set of Unix commands (GNU/Cygwin) packaged in a single portable exe file. MobaXterm includes a great multitab native Windows terminal, a new X server based on X.Org for easily export your Unix/Linux display and a lot of new GNU Unix commands. You can also use some of the free plugins for extending MobaXterm capabilities.
- Feature addition: Added a new (experimental) MOSH session type
- Feature addition: Added a new (experimental) BROWSER session type
- Improvement: Added SOCKS/WEB proxy support in SSH tunnels
- Improvement: It is now possible to hide the "Quick connect" bar when sidebar is disabled
- Improvement: "SSH keepalive" setting has been disabled by default
- Improvement: RDP connection resolution is no longer cropped in order to fit into the terminal
- Bug fix: SSH using Kerberos authentication did not work correctly when SFTP browser was enabled
- Bug fix: XDMCP sessions were sometimes not closed correctly
- Bug fix: MobaTextEditor now remembers correctly its main window size and position
- Bug fix: "grep" command was sometimes not working when invoked from a script after MobaXterm startup
- Bug fix: sorting by dates in FTP sessions now works correctly
- Improvement: SSH ECDSA keys are now correctly handled by MobaXterm
- Bug fix: Dialog windows can no more be hidden behind MobaXterm main window
- Bug fix: MobaXterm now handles correctly Windows usernames with SPACE characters
- Bug fix: Files owners and groups are now correctly displayed in FTP sessions
- Security fix: Updated OpenSSL library to 1.0.1g (for "Heartbleed Bug" correction)
- Bug fix: In some particular environments, sessions were not correctly ordered in main menu
- Bug fix: X server had troubles starting with some keyboard models
- Improvement: Added a SSH setting in order to prevent "connection reset by peer" error with old SSH servers
- Bug fix: a problem with an increasing number of GDI handles has been fixed
- Improvement: when sessions edition is disabled in the Customizer, PuTTY and SCRT sessions are not imported anymore
- Bug fix: in some particular environments, an exception was raised when closing the last tab of MobaXterm
- Improvement: sidebar has now a minimum width
- Bug fix: in FTP sessions, hitting "Cancel" during a file transfer does not disconnect the FTP session anymore
- Bug fix: Escape sequence for telnet should now be handled by MobaXterm
- Improvement: MobaXterm font size is now adjusted automatically on high resolution monitors
- Improvement: Each time MobaXterm configuration file is updated, a backup file is now created in the "MobaXterm backup.zip" archive. This can be disabled in MobaXterm settings window
Reviewing 7.1 (Apr 14, 2014)
Excellent tool for SSH, SCP, SFTP, RDP connections with an embedded X11 server!
MobaXterm is really convenient, especially when you have multiple SSH servers to reach, files to transfer and graphical applications to launch remotely, and when you care about security.
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 13, 2012)
quite simply. Brilliant.
Attractive to look at (and configurable)
Fast to load and portable
Low memory usage
Incredibly feature rich
Supports plugins (and there are several)
Actively developed (unlike Putty)
and 100% free.
Just an amazing bit of software
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 11, 2012)
Just brilliant! Discovered v5.1 and never looked back. All my needs in one place. Can't ask for anything better. Kudos to the author.
Reviewing 3.0 (Aug 23, 2010)
The best alternative to Exceed, Xming or PuTTY : this program does everything in a small portable executable: X server, telnet, SSH, graphical SFTP...
I can't imagine connecting to my remote Linux server using another program.
A must have!!
No comments yet