MobaXterm is an enhanced terminal with an X server and a set of Unix commands (GNU/Cygwin) packaged in a single portable exe file. MobaXterm includes a great multitab native Windows terminal, a new X server based on X.Org for easily export your Unix/Linux display and a lot of new GNU Unix commands. You can also use some of the free plugins for extending MobaXterm capabilities.
- Improvement: MobaXterm is now compatible with Windows 10 "Technical Preview"
- Improvement: upgraded X server to version 1.16.2
- Improvement: upgraded bash to version 4.1.17
- Improvement: added a "Reconnect" button for SFTP (allows you to reconnect the SFTP browser in case of a network failure or a firewall disconnection)
- Bug fix: when exiting "Compact mode" on professional edition, the "Unregistered" bar is not displayed anymore
- Improvement: improved "Compact mode" (settings and menus improvements)
- Improvement: improved scrolling in the left sidebar using mouse wheel, even when the focus is set to the terminal
- Improvement: The main window title and the taskbar title are automatically changed to the active tab name
- Improvement: MobaXterm can now import mRemoteNG sessions
- Bug fix: corrected a bug in "Nimesweeper" (arrow keys were not working correctly)
- Improvement: improved main window for high DPI monitors
- Improvement: improved OpenGL support in X server
- Improvement: added a new setting in VNC and RDP sessions in order to disable the settings bar
- Improvement: Added a "ASCII" button in the SFTP browser in order to toggle ASCII/Binary mode for file transfers
- Improvement: Added a new button in the SFTP browser in order to toggle show/hide hidden files
- Bug fix: in some cases, the "Ctrl" key was incorrectly detected as pressed after using the "New tab" shortcut
- Improvement: COM ports are detected automatically each time you go to the "Serial" session manager (not only at MobaXterm startup)
- Improvement: MobApt is now able to force the installation of Cygwin tools
- Bug fix: Corrected a recurrent issue with private SSH keys rights
- Improvement: Added a graphical warning when the remote host identification has changed with a tool to reset the alarm
- Improvement: Added keyboard interactive authentication type for SSH gateway
- Bug fix: corrected a graphical bug in the graphical SSH tunnels tool: start buttons were not drawn correctly in skinned mode
- Improvement: Added an automatic detection of any deleted file in the temp folder during execution
- Improvement: Added the "showkey" tool
- Improvement: Added the "killX" tool
- Improvement: MobaTextEditor can now indent/unindent blocks with Tab/Shift+Tab
- Improvement: Updated documentation with new features
- Improvement: Added the "glxgears" and "glxinfo" tools for Xserver OpenGL tests
- Improvement: Added a new "AutoReconnect" setting in MobaSSHTunnel which automatically reconnects SSH tunnels after a network failure
- Improvement: Improved the way MobaXterm is started in order to avoid issues with sandboxes
- Improvement: Added some warnings when using a non-persistant HOME directory and using ssh-keygen
Reviewing 7.1 (Apr 14, 2014)
Excellent tool for SSH, SCP, SFTP, RDP connections with an embedded X11 server!
MobaXterm is really convenient, especially when you have multiple SSH servers to reach, files to transfer and graphical applications to launch remotely, and when you care about security.
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 13, 2012)
quite simply. Brilliant.
Attractive to look at (and configurable)
Fast to load and portable
Low memory usage
Incredibly feature rich
Supports plugins (and there are several)
Actively developed (unlike Putty)
and 100% free.
Just an amazing bit of software
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 11, 2012)
Just brilliant! Discovered v5.1 and never looked back. All my needs in one place. Can't ask for anything better. Kudos to the author.
Reviewing 3.0 (Aug 23, 2010)
The best alternative to Exceed, Xming or PuTTY : this program does everything in a small portable executable: X server, telnet, SSH, graphical SFTP...
I can't imagine connecting to my remote Linux server using another program.
A must have!!
No comments yet