MobaXterm is an enhanced terminal with an X server and a set of Unix commands (GNU/Cygwin) packaged in a single portable exe file. MobaXterm includes a great multitab native Windows terminal, a new X server based on X.Org for easily export your Unix/Linux display and a lot of new GNU Unix commands. You can also use some of the free plugins for extending MobaXterm capabilities.
- Bug fix: corrected the SFTP browser which was not displayed if you used a private SSH key with no passphrase
- Bug fix: advanced terminal settings were not accessible for telnet sessions
- Bug fix: corrected an issue with Powershell and Cmd sessions when a startup folder was specified
- Bug fix: the "duplicate tab" feature did not work in previous version
- Bug fix: SSH keys in a shared folder with UNC path were not handled correctly
- Bug fix: terminal resize was not handled correctly when asked by "screen", "tmux" or "reset" programs
- Bug fix: corrected the SFTP browser which did not work with GSSAPI SSH connections
- Bug fix: corrected an issue with "ascii" command which exited without displaying ascii table
- Bug fix: removed some code which made some antivirus detect games executable as false-positive
- Bug fix: the "-exec" feature was not working correctly with ssh commands in previous version
- Improvement: improved the KeepAlive function by enabling/disabling the application-level keepalive feature AND the TCP keepalive feature simultaneously
- Improvement: added some debugging information for MoTTY connections (right-click on the terminal and choose "Event log" to show it)
- Improvement: popup windows for fatal connection errors are now printed to the terminal output
- Improvement: display SSH banner before the remote server banner for better readibility
- Improvement: replaced Ctrl+Insert shortcut by Ctrl+Shift+Insert for pasting in the terminal
- Improvement: added Ctrl+0 shortcut for resetting fonts size to default
- Improvement: added the Ctrl+Left_arrow / Ctrl+Right_arrow keyboard shortcuts for "forward-word" / "backward-word" in terminal
- Improvement: increased startup speed especially if you have many sessions folders
- Improvement: you can now save your SSH keys passphrases the same way as you save passwords if you activate the setting in "Manage passwords" window
- Improvement: a middle-click on a SFTP browser item copies the item path to the SSH session
- Improvement: added the VAGRANT_DETECTED_OS environment variable which allows Vagrant to work correctly inside MobaXterm
- Improvement: if SFTP browser does not work because your remote server echoes some text, an explicit warning message is displayed in MobaXterm log file
- Improvement: added a new script which allows to create MobaXterm sessions from a plain text list of servers: "ServersListToMxtSessions.sh"
Reviewing 7.1 (Apr 14, 2014)
Excellent tool for SSH, SCP, SFTP, RDP connections with an embedded X11 server!
MobaXterm is really convenient, especially when you have multiple SSH servers to reach, files to transfer and graphical applications to launch remotely, and when you care about security.
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 13, 2012)
quite simply. Brilliant.
Attractive to look at (and configurable)
Fast to load and portable
Low memory usage
Incredibly feature rich
Supports plugins (and there are several)
Actively developed (unlike Putty)
and 100% free.
Just an amazing bit of software
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 11, 2012)
Just brilliant! Discovered v5.1 and never looked back. All my needs in one place. Can't ask for anything better. Kudos to the author.
Reviewing 3.0 (Aug 23, 2010)
The best alternative to Exceed, Xming or PuTTY : this program does everything in a small portable executable: X server, telnet, SSH, graphical SFTP...
I can't imagine connecting to my remote Linux server using another program.
A must have!!
No comments yet