MobaXterm is an enhanced terminal with an X server and a set of Unix commands (GNU/Cygwin) packaged in a single portable exe file. MobaXterm includes a great multitab native Windows terminal, a new X server based on X.Org for easily export your Unix/Linux display and a lot of new GNU Unix commands. You can also use some of the free plugins for extending MobaXterm capabilities.
- Added an embedded NFS server
- Added an embedded VNC server
- Added a new option to set default text editor
- Improved serial connections and added some more options by replacing the "microcom" serial client by "minicom"
- MobaXterm speed has been increased by putting configuration (INI) file parsing in memory
- Re-enabled aero "glass" effect in the title bar when using "No skin" mode
- Added new skins
- Increased SFTP browser speed by increasing default buffer size
- Corrected a bug: buttons were not placed correctly in some forms with some graphic adapters
- Added CDE as remote desktop for SSH sessions
- Added "paste" command
- Corrected a bug: tab size after detaching is now the same as it was before detaching
- Corrected some typos in documentation
- Corrected issues when using 2 SFTP browsers with same SSH gateway
- Corrected a repainting problem with multi-desktops applications like VirtuaWin or Dexpot
- Changed embedded telnet client for better compatibility
- Added a way to launch macros at startup or to create desktop shortcuts for macros
- Improved tabs controls
- Added some inline help when mouse hovers components
- Created a "reset master password" tool that can be downloaded in order to reset a master password
- Default X11 font path has been set to take new fonts (from font plugins) into account
- Sessions can now be named using special characters like 
- Fixed persistent home directory detection when home directory has been set in the customizer
- Enabled fullscreen and detached tabs transparency
- Fixed OpenGL acceleration on computers which do not support HW OpenGL: you can uncheck the "HW OpenGL acceleration" from the "Settings" window in order to use safer SW OpenGL acceleration
- Many minor improvements
- Improved documentation
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 13, 2012)
quite simply. Brilliant.
Attractive to look at (and configurable)
Fast to load and portable
Low memory usage
Incredibly feature rich
Supports plugins (and there are several)
Actively developed (unlike Putty)
and 100% free.
Just an amazing bit of software
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 11, 2012)
Just brilliant! Discovered v5.1 and never looked back. All my needs in one place. Can't ask for anything better. Kudos to the author.
Reviewing 3.0 (Aug 23, 2010)
The best alternative to Exceed, Xming or PuTTY : this program does everything in a small portable executable: X server, telnet, SSH, graphical SFTP...
I can't imagine connecting to my remote Linux server using another program.
A must have!!
Reviewing 2.2 (Oct 17, 2009)
This should get 6 (six) stars. The concept is quite amazing.
Quick explanation: Gives you an X server on the Windows machines which allows you to s***o remote *nix machines with X forwarding enabled!
This allows you to run remote X based apps!!! (xterm, etc)
No comments yet