MobaXterm is an enhanced terminal with an X server and a set of Unix commands (GNU/Cygwin) packaged in a single portable exe file. MobaXterm includes a great multitab native Windows terminal, a new X server based on X.Org for easily export your Unix/Linux display and a lot of new GNU Unix commands. You can also use some of the free plugins for extending MobaXterm capabilities.
- Improvement: added automatic scrolling of the sessions tree: you can now move a session to a folder which is not reachable without scrolling
- Improvement: added new "Monokai" color scheme for terminal emulator
- Improvement: better detection of non-writeable configuration file
- Bug fix: fixed a focus issue with RDP sessions when switching from another application to MobaXterm
- Bug fix: fixed some small issues when selecting/moving/duplicating sessions from the sessions tree
- Bug fix: fixed default home symbolic links which occured when targets are on a shared folder
- Improvement: added "MATE desktop" to the list of remote desktop managers in SSH session settings
- Improvement: added some more debugging information for INI file detection, localisation and update
- Bug fix: fixed a "freeze" issue which occured when attempting to perform the "ls -al /usr//../" command
- Improvement: added a "-nomultitaskbar" commandline option (in order to force MobaXterm to the first taskbar)
- Bug fix: fixed an issue when starting a new PowerShell or Cmd session in "C:": session did not start in "C:", but in default directory instead
- Bug fix: resized some folder icons in order for all folder icons to have the same size
- Improvement: improved logging information concerning SSH host keys
- Bug fix: MobaXterm used to take SSH hosts keys from PuTTY if available, with some potential issues if a host key was modified in MobaXterm but not in PuTTY
- Improvement: escape sequence sent when pressing alt+arrow keys in terminal are the same as in standard xterm terminal emulator
- Bug fix: in some specific cases, tab titles were displayed in red after disconnection/reconnection
- Bug fix: suppressed a transient visual "glitch" on the top buttons bar when a new session was started
- Improvement: added a new setting in RDP sessions in order to enable or disable Credential Security Support Provider (CredSSP) for authentication
- Improvement: the embedded SSH agent is now launched before SSH tunnels
- Improvement: when MobaXterm starts and a tunnel is slow to connect, startup continues without waiting for tunnel connection to terminate
- Bug fix: function keys now work properly in "MultiExec" mode
- Improvement: SSH-browser with SCP protocol now preserves files permissions after a direct file edition
- Bug fix: fixed an issue with "Store password" window which could be activated twice with RDP session
- Improvement: enhanced macros at sessions start: now macros can be executed simultaneously when you start multiple sessions
- Bug fix: improved SSH tunnels closing function (in some rare cases, some tunnels could leave MobaXterm in a pending state after closing it)
- Improvement: number of terminal lines when printing is limited to the last terminal lines in order to save the environment
- Bug fix: suppressed an incorrect warning concerning host identification verification when SSHing through a gateway server (SSH jump host)
- Improvement: MobaXterm start up speed has been slightly improved
- Bug fix: fixed a maximize/restore issue on Windows 10 when multiple monitors are present and a specific taskbar is affected to each monitor
- Bug fix: fixed a typo in the Home page on "Professional" word (thanks to Dewi for reporting it)
Reviewing 7.1 (Apr 14, 2014)
Excellent tool for SSH, SCP, SFTP, RDP connections with an embedded X11 server!
MobaXterm is really convenient, especially when you have multiple SSH servers to reach, files to transfer and graphical applications to launch remotely, and when you care about security.
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 13, 2012)
quite simply. Brilliant.
Attractive to look at (and configurable)
Fast to load and portable
Low memory usage
Incredibly feature rich
Supports plugins (and there are several)
Actively developed (unlike Putty)
and 100% free.
Just an amazing bit of software
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 11, 2012)
Just brilliant! Discovered v5.1 and never looked back. All my needs in one place. Can't ask for anything better. Kudos to the author.
Reviewing 3.0 (Aug 23, 2010)
The best alternative to Exceed, Xming or PuTTY : this program does everything in a small portable executable: X server, telnet, SSH, graphical SFTP...
I can't imagine connecting to my remote Linux server using another program.
A must have!!
No comments yet