MobaXterm is an enhanced terminal with an X server and a set of Unix commands (GNU/Cygwin) packaged in a single portable exe file. MobaXterm includes a great multitab native Windows terminal, a new X server based on X.Org for easily export your Unix/Linux display and a lot of new GNU Unix commands. You can also use some of the free plugins for extending MobaXterm capabilities.
- New feature: added terminal syntax coloration in global and sessions settings
- New feature: added experimental support for Z-modem transfers in MobaXterm terminal if you have the CygUtils plugin installed: you can now transfer files directly through the terminal by launching sz, rz, lsz or lrz on your remote host and choosing "Z-m
- Bug fix: updated OpenSSH to version 7.1p2 in order to fix CVE-2016-0777 and CVE-2016-0778 bugs. Note that this fix is for manual SSH connections from local terminal commandline only: "normal" MobaXterm SSH sessions are not concerned by the OpenSSH CVE-2
- Bug fix: corrected the "search" feature which was not properly reset when closed
- Improvement: added another check for master password in passwords management, when showing stored passwords
- Bug fix: terminals in detached windows no longer loose focus when spawning SSH connections
- New feature: added xrdb and setx11dpi tools: useful for retrieving/modifying Xserver settings, especially Xserver DPI value
- Improvement: allowed log files to be written to UNC network paths
- Improvement: added new available keyboard shortcuts combinations: WindowsLogo + F1-F12 and WindowsLogo + 0-9
Reviewing 7.1 (Apr 14, 2014)
Excellent tool for SSH, SCP, SFTP, RDP connections with an embedded X11 server!
MobaXterm is really convenient, especially when you have multiple SSH servers to reach, files to transfer and graphical applications to launch remotely, and when you care about security.
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 13, 2012)
quite simply. Brilliant.
Attractive to look at (and configurable)
Fast to load and portable
Low memory usage
Incredibly feature rich
Supports plugins (and there are several)
Actively developed (unlike Putty)
and 100% free.
Just an amazing bit of software
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 11, 2012)
Just brilliant! Discovered v5.1 and never looked back. All my needs in one place. Can't ask for anything better. Kudos to the author.
Reviewing 3.0 (Aug 23, 2010)
The best alternative to Exceed, Xming or PuTTY : this program does everything in a small portable executable: X server, telnet, SSH, graphical SFTP...
I can't imagine connecting to my remote Linux server using another program.
A must have!!
No comments yet