MobaXterm is an enhanced terminal with an X server and a set of Unix commands (GNU/Cygwin) packaged in a single portable exe file. MobaXterm includes a great multitab native Windows terminal, a new X server based on X.Org for easily export your Unix/Linux display and a lot of new GNU Unix commands. You can also use some of the free plugins for extending MobaXterm capabilities.
- Improved SFTP browser (increased performance, added new CTR cipher, automatic reconnection on session lost)
- Improved RDP sessions by putting each RDP tab in a separate process
- Added Pageant support (Settings --> Configuration --> SSH tab --> Use Pageant)
- Added dynamic SSH tunnels (this allows you to easily run SOCKS proxy!)
- When session logs are enabled, 2 files are now created: "
- Improved SSH gateway connections (increased performances, added new CTR cipher, automatic reconnection on session lost)
- Improved SSH tunnel connections (increased performances, added new CTR cipher, automatic reconnection on session lost)
- Corrected some small RDP focus bugs (especially with RDP sessions contained in detached windows)
- SFTP operations have been made asynchronous in order not to block other MobaXterm features when establishing SFTP connection, downloading file or changing directory
- Improved MobaTextEditor sessions by putting each MobaTextEditor tab in a separate process
- SFTP file dates are now displayed using local time and not GMT time
- Added ASCII mode support for SFTP sessions
- Corrected a bug: ssh-agent and ssh-pageant were not correctly restarted if MobaXterm process was killed before
- Added keyboard interactive authentication for SFTP browser
- Disabled "Follow SSH path" feature when SFTP browser is inactive
- MobaXterm now preserves directory structure when importing Scrt sessions
- Corrected a bug: when closing a tab with confirmation message disabled, in some cases the close button did not work at first time
- Removed user name from MobaXterm temp directory so that firewall rules for X11 server could be set up easily (in order to allow X11 server, add program "%tempfolder%\MobaXterm%Version%\bin\XWin.exe" to the firewall whitelist)
- Improved ergonomics of settings tabs
- SFTP browser now displays useful hints when mouse cursor is over a remote file
- Corrected a bug: when downloading files using the SFTP browser, empty directory were not downloaded
- Auto-detect FVWM2 version (if you are using FVWM2 plugin, this version is automatically selected)
- Added commandline parameter "-noX" for disabling X server at startup
- Added "Connect as..." right-click option on sessions
- Modified default shortcuts for "Find" (Ctrl+Alt+F) and "Find next" (Ctrl+F3)
- Updated documentation (New articles added in the FAQ section)
- Added "disable tools" setting in the customizer
- Added "disable macros" setting in the customizer
- Added "force access control" setting in the customizer
- Added macros import/export feature
- Added names for SSH tunnels
- Added new setting for X11 clipboard "disable copy-on-select": this setting prevents X11 clipboard from crashing when displaying some buggy applications
- Added new menu entry "Take a screenshot"
- Added new menu entry "View log file"
- Added new RDP setting "enable/disable clipboard redirection"
- Added private key setting for SFTP sessions
- Several cosmetic bugs corrected
- Added sorting feature for local browser in SFTP and FTP sessions
- Added a new option for saving a session to a file. Double-clicking on this file on another computer will allow you to launch the session
- Added ASCII mode support for FTP sessions
- Added proxy support for FTP sessions
- Added FTPS support (FTP over SSL) for FTP sessions
- Updated Nc and Connect tools in order to allow SSH connections over SOCKS/HTTP proxies
- Added SOCKS/HTTP/Telnet proxy capabilities for SSH sessions (with SFTP browser!)
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 13, 2012)
quite simply. Brilliant.
Attractive to look at (and configurable)
Fast to load and portable
Low memory usage
Incredibly feature rich
Supports plugins (and there are several)
Actively developed (unlike Putty)
and 100% free.
Just an amazing bit of software
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 11, 2012)
Just brilliant! Discovered v5.1 and never looked back. All my needs in one place. Can't ask for anything better. Kudos to the author.
Reviewing 3.0 (Aug 23, 2010)
The best alternative to Exceed, Xming or PuTTY : this program does everything in a small portable executable: X server, telnet, SSH, graphical SFTP...
I can't imagine connecting to my remote Linux server using another program.
A must have!!
Reviewing 2.2 (Oct 17, 2009)
This should get 6 (six) stars. The concept is quite amazing.
Quick explanation: Gives you an X server on the Windows machines which allows you to s***o remote *nix machines with X forwarding enabled!
This allows you to run remote X based apps!!! (xterm, etc)
No comments yet