MobaXterm is an enhanced terminal with an X server and a set of Unix commands (GNU/Cygwin) packaged in a single portable exe file. MobaXterm includes a great multitab native Windows terminal, a new X server based on X.Org for easily export your Unix/Linux display and a lot of new GNU Unix commands. You can also use some of the free plugins for extending MobaXterm capabilities.
- New feature: you can now create your own custom syntax highlighting definitions for the terminal, using the embedded syntax customization tool
- New feature: added line delay option while pasting to the terminal. This gives some time for slow remote systems to handle pasted text properly
- Improvement: enhanced startup speed when many sessions are present
- Improvement: enhanced "network" syntax highlighting
- Improvement: added a graphical editor for files/folders permissions through SSH, SFTP or SCP
- Bug fix: corrected SSH-browser display of "special files" (block device, ...) when SCP protocol is checked
- Improvement: users are now prompted for master password when resuming from a locked screen (for better security)
- Improvement: enhanced SSH-browser display of "parent folder"
- Bug fix: Mosh sessions are forced to IPv4 only (IPv6 is not yet supported by Mosh client/server)
- Improvement: hidden files/folders are now faded out in SSH-browser
- Improvement: added 1920x1200 RDP resolution setting
- Improvement: added "PERL" and "SQL" terminal syntax colorations
- Improvement: added "i3" and "wmii" remote desktops in SSH advanced settings
- Improvement: "Ubuntu Bash 4 Windows" sessions now start in the proper "HOME" folder
- Improvement: backup archive for configuration files now stores the last 16 configurations (instead of 8)
- Bug fix: fixed a potential tabs drag/drop issue when "mouse follows focus" feature was activated in Windows Accessibility settings
- Bug fix: fixed some issues with html web page generation from sessions list
- Improvement: properly support "special" characters in Ubuntu Bash for Windows (WSL): now Home, End, Insert, Delete, F1 - F16 and Ctrl+A - Ctrl+Z keys are properly handled
Reviewing 7.1 (Apr 14, 2014)
Excellent tool for SSH, SCP, SFTP, RDP connections with an embedded X11 server!
MobaXterm is really convenient, especially when you have multiple SSH servers to reach, files to transfer and graphical applications to launch remotely, and when you care about security.
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 13, 2012)
quite simply. Brilliant.
Attractive to look at (and configurable)
Fast to load and portable
Low memory usage
Incredibly feature rich
Supports plugins (and there are several)
Actively developed (unlike Putty)
and 100% free.
Just an amazing bit of software
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 11, 2012)
Just brilliant! Discovered v5.1 and never looked back. All my needs in one place. Can't ask for anything better. Kudos to the author.
Reviewing 3.0 (Aug 23, 2010)
The best alternative to Exceed, Xming or PuTTY : this program does everything in a small portable executable: X server, telnet, SSH, graphical SFTP...
I can't imagine connecting to my remote Linux server using another program.
A must have!!
No comments yet