MobaXterm is an enhanced terminal with an X server and a set of Unix commands (GNU/Cygwin) packaged in a single portable exe file. MobaXterm includes a great multitab native Windows terminal, a new X server based on X.Org for easily export your Unix/Linux display and a lot of new GNU Unix commands. You can also use some of the free plugins for extending MobaXterm capabilities.
- Bug fix: apt-get (MobApt) has been updated for compatibility with the new Cygwin checksums
- Improvement: MobaXterm is now compatible with Windows 10 build 10041
- Improvement: MobaXterm can now import PuTTY Connection Manager (PuttyCM) sessions
- Improvement: MobaXterm now keeps folders structure when importing Mremote, PuTTY and SCRT sessions
- Improvement: You can now choose between X11 server version 1.16.3 and 1.14.5 for better compatibility with your environment
- Improvement: Recompiled Xorg version 1.16.3 with latest OpenGL libraries
- Improvement: Selected a more compatible list of ciphers by default for SSH
- Improvement: Added CP1251 (Cyrillic) codepage to terminal sessions
- Bug fix: the "bc" command was not working correcly when launched from interactive shell in version 7.6
- Bug fix: the "List running process" tool was not working when launched from the sidebar button
- Bug fix: some users were shown an "Unknown+user" prompt instead of their standard username
- Improvement: Protocols which have been disabled from the customizer are no longer available in interactive terminals
- Bug fix: The main menu bar is now correctly repainted after maximizing the main window with a skin
Reviewing 7.1 (Apr 14, 2014)
Excellent tool for SSH, SCP, SFTP, RDP connections with an embedded X11 server!
MobaXterm is really convenient, especially when you have multiple SSH servers to reach, files to transfer and graphical applications to launch remotely, and when you care about security.
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 13, 2012)
quite simply. Brilliant.
Attractive to look at (and configurable)
Fast to load and portable
Low memory usage
Incredibly feature rich
Supports plugins (and there are several)
Actively developed (unlike Putty)
and 100% free.
Just an amazing bit of software
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 11, 2012)
Just brilliant! Discovered v5.1 and never looked back. All my needs in one place. Can't ask for anything better. Kudos to the author.
Reviewing 3.0 (Aug 23, 2010)
The best alternative to Exceed, Xming or PuTTY : this program does everything in a small portable executable: X server, telnet, SSH, graphical SFTP...
I can't imagine connecting to my remote Linux server using another program.
A must have!!
No comments yet