MobaXterm is an enhanced terminal with an X server and a set of Unix commands (GNU/Cygwin) packaged in a single portable exe file. MobaXterm includes a great multitab native Windows terminal, a new X server based on X.Org for easily export your Unix/Linux display and a lot of new GNU Unix commands. You can also use some of the free plugins for extending MobaXterm capabilities.
- Bug fix: updated bash to version 4.1.13 to fix "shellshock" vulnerability (CVE-2014-6271, CVE-2014-7169)
- Improvement: added a "compact mode" in the "View" menu in order to save screen real estate
- Bug fix: on German and French keyboards, the AltGr+] escape sequence was not working correctly
- Bug fix: if Persistent Root folder has been set to a network share, a FAT16 or ExFAT filesystem, an error message was displayed at X server startup
- Bug fix: on Windows 2000 and XP, MobaXterm logo background was not transparent
- Bug fix: with persistent root folder, new customizations were sometimes not applied correctly
- Improvement: the embedded browser now emulates the most recent engine available
- Improvement: added a "tweet" button in the "About" window (please send a tweet about MobaXterm if you like it)
- Improvement: added the "xauth" command for the embedded X server
- Bug fix: MobaSwInfo now lists install software correctly on Windows 8/8.1 64 bit
- Bug fix: Corrected the "Shift+Tab" shortcut in OpenSuse "Yast" installer
- Improvement: improved the way symlinks are handled via SSH or SFTP
- Bug fix: Corrected the Gnome session environment which did not start correctly through SSH when remote user had TCSH as default shell
- Bug fix: fixed a potential indexing issue when deleting a SSH tunnel
- Improvement: added a new telnet setting which prevents MobaXterm from closing when a telnet session is active
- Bug fix: corrected resizing issues with RDP sessions
- Improvement: added a new commandline setting in order to allow MobApt to work with local Cygwin repositories (e.g. MobApt -l /drives/c/MyCygwinRepository)
- Bug fix: corrected an issue with tar and hardlink decompression
- Improvement: added 2 more sections to the embedded documentation with detailed explanations about global settings and sessions settings
- Improvement: added a lot of new questions/answers in the FaQ section
Reviewing 7.1 (Apr 14, 2014)
Excellent tool for SSH, SCP, SFTP, RDP connections with an embedded X11 server!
MobaXterm is really convenient, especially when you have multiple SSH servers to reach, files to transfer and graphical applications to launch remotely, and when you care about security.
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 13, 2012)
quite simply. Brilliant.
Attractive to look at (and configurable)
Fast to load and portable
Low memory usage
Incredibly feature rich
Supports plugins (and there are several)
Actively developed (unlike Putty)
and 100% free.
Just an amazing bit of software
Reviewing 6.0 (Oct 11, 2012)
Just brilliant! Discovered v5.1 and never looked back. All my needs in one place. Can't ask for anything better. Kudos to the author.
Reviewing 3.0 (Aug 23, 2010)
The best alternative to Exceed, Xming or PuTTY : this program does everything in a small portable executable: X server, telnet, SSH, graphical SFTP...
I can't imagine connecting to my remote Linux server using another program.
A must have!!
No comments yet