NetWorx is a simple and free, yet powerful tool that helps you objectively evaluate your bandwidth situation. You can use it to collect bandwidth usage data and measure the speed of your Internet or any other network connection. It can help you identify possible sources of network problems, ensure that you don't exceed the bandwidth limits specified by your ISP, or track down suspicious network activity characteristic of Trojan horses and hacker attacks. The program allows you to monitor all your network connections or a specific network connection (such as Ethernet or PPP) only.
The software also features a system of highly customizable visual and sound alerts. You can set it up to alert you when the network connection is down or when some suspicious activity, such as unusually heavy data flow, occurs. It can also automatically disconnect all dialup connections and shut down the system. The incoming and outgoing traffic is represented on a line chart and logged to a file, so that you can always view statistics about your daily, weekly and monthly bandwidth usage and dialup duration. The reports can be exported to a variety of formats, such as HTML, MS Word and Excel, for further analysis.
- Added filter by date in Applications report and showing application names rather than paths
- Changed usage backup from XML to SQLite DB file and it now also includes program settings
- Changed the Netstat tool to a connection tree to enable real-time application monitoring
- Fixed monitoring apps that were monitored even if the selected network was unavailable
- Fixed a memory leak in connection tracking when the Ignore LAN option was used
- Fixed closing CSV and HTML files that stayed open when exporting a report
- Updated LAN traffic filtering drivers with latest compatibility fixes
Reviewing 5.4.2 (Nov 9, 2015)
Windows XP and later for current version (Not "Windows All" as shown). Version 4.9.4 runs perfectly on Win2K.
Reviewing 5.3.2 (Jul 13, 2014)
Hands down, the BEST!
Reviewing 5.2.12 (Mar 6, 2014)
Love the taskbar addon. Nice app.
Reviewing 5.2.2 (Jan 11, 2012)
Super app and free!
Reviewing 5.2.1 (Nov 7, 2011)
One of the best pieces of freeware to ever exist.
No comments yet