PDF Shaper is a powerful and free PDF software, which offers a collection of PDF tools and utilities to modify and optimize your PDF documents and its content. The program offers super-intuitive user interface with changeable themes and the one of the fastest and stable PDF processing algorithms with ability to process multiple files at once.
- New PDF reading and rendering engine
- Support of text watermarks
- Support of DOCX documents
- Separated Encrypt and Decrypt tools
- DOC to PDF tool improvements:
- Support for math symbols
- Improved support for bookmarks
- Support for dot/dash patterned lines
- Improved accessibility support
- Support for hatch pattern filling
- Support for Unicode Surrogate Pair characters
- Support for text inside shapes
- PDF Viewer improvements:
- Added search box
- Improved PDF document loading speed
- Support for annotations and anti-aliasing fonts
- User interface has been improved
- PDF Viewer and preview module have been improved
- Improvements to command-line support
- Translations have been updated
- Rare bug with opening protected files
- Bug with decrypting protected files
- Minor bug fixes
Reviewing 5.1 (Mar 14, 2016)
Reviewing 3.0 (Nov 14, 2014)
5 stars for PDF Shaper!
Reviewing 2.8 (Sep 10, 2014)
ok so they removed the AVG toolbar that they were previously attempting to slide past you, but this time they've embedded the OpenCandy network and included it into the license agreement. Basically, if you want to use PDF shaper, then you HAVE to agree to the open candy network. Since most people don't read the EULA, what this means is that they embed a file that phones home supposedly anonymously with computer information, which in turn generates ads and offers for you. So yes, they've kept up with the crapware.
On the positive side, the program does work the way it's supposed to.
I can't go any better than a 3. The program does work, but since they insist of forcing garbage through, they don't deserve higher marks. The option to send information, anonymous or not should be at MY discretion, not a condition of the program's use.
Reviewing 1.4 (Aug 7, 2013)
be careful with this. first, upon installation it tries to slide in the AVG toolbar. You can turn it off, but if you're not paying attention and don't remove the checkmark (it's in an unusual place) then the AVG ragware crap will get installed.
Aside from that, this program seems to work fairly decent. It converts, though the layouts may need tweaking, but it does a pretty fair job of it.
Remove that garbage-ware that AVG is and you may be on to a pretty serious tool here.
Reviewing 1.2 (May 8, 2013)
really needed this program, very handy.
I downloaded but based on the review that said I'd be required to accept installation of adware I decided not to install it.