PDF-ShellTools are Windows shell extensions to interact with pdf files directly from the Windows shell. We can make interesting things to pdf documents without the need to open them in Acrobat or another desktop pdf application. Show pdf info metatags in ToolTip windows, edit metatags in the file properties sheet, Anonymize, Split and Merge, set/reset Password Security, Stamp, are some of the current features.
Yes - 30 day timeout
- The GUI is now high DPI aware (per-monitor on Windows 8.1 and up), i.e. the GUI scales accordingly to the screen DPI
- On multi-monitor systems, the tool dialog window will open at the monitor where the mouse is
- ConvertImagesToBW command line function. To convert PDF color images to black and white, or grayscale. Mainly used to reduce PDF file size
- Show console window option added to the My Tools functionality
- Close method added to the IFileObject of the My Scripts API. To close any file open handle, so the respective PDF file could be moved, deleted or edited by the script itself or another process, while the script is still running
Reviewing 184.108.40.206 (Dec 4, 2012)
The way it works - 4 stars
The pricing - 2 stars
Does anyone really think that a one purpose extension to Windows is worth $54? I can wait for Acrobat to open a good long time before it might be worth that amount.
Reviewing 1.0 Build 10-5 (Dec 18, 2009)
Have a .pdf file, right mouse click on it and see what you can do with it. Worked on secured pdfs too. I had to split a 4 page into 2 and 2 and this worked GREAT took 2 seconds.
No comments yet