PDF-ShellTools are Windows shell extensions to interact with pdf files directly from the Windows shell. We can make interesting things to pdf documents without the need to open them in Acrobat or another desktop pdf application. Show pdf info metatags in ToolTip windows, edit metatags in the file properties sheet, Anonymize, Split and Merge, set/reset Password Security, Stamp, are some of the current features.
Yes - 30 day timeout
- For increasingly stability, the preview handler tools now run on its own out-of-process server
- File renaming functionality added to the preview handler tools
- Enhancements added to the find duplicates tool, now with dynamic selectors
- When converting images to PDF, with the merge and insert pages tools, it is now possible to use the image DPI information to properly scale the page, or define a default DPI value for images without embedded DPI information
- The Windows Search index browser tool can now browse any of the indexed file types in the Windows Search index, not just PDF
- Embedded files property added to the My Scripts API, to access any other PDF embedded files not included in the list of attachments
- Annotations property added to the My Scripts API, to access PDF annotations, at a specific page, or entire document, and by annotation type
- Enhancement of the My Scripts API PDFE object echo method, now with options to append, replace or clear the console, and colors support added for scripts output when running from the command line interface
- The My Script functions, used in tools such as the InfoEdit, rename and find duplicates, can now define customizable parameters the user can then easily configure from the function parameters panel, when defining the function call
Reviewing 188.8.131.52 (Dec 4, 2012)
The way it works - 4 stars
The pricing - 2 stars
Does anyone really think that a one purpose extension to Windows is worth $54? I can wait for Acrobat to open a good long time before it might be worth that amount.
Reviewing 1.0 Build 10-5 (Dec 18, 2009)
Have a .pdf file, right mouse click on it and see what you can do with it. Worked on secured pdfs too. I had to split a 4 page into 2 and 2 and this worked GREAT took 2 seconds.
No comments yet