- New capability to access remote folders for certain protocols (Imap, some webmail-based protocols); requires Premium Add-on Pack
- New option to forward message as attachment
- New option for Voice Notifier allows messages (and/or headers) to be read using speech synthesis
- New option for tray icon to represent unread messages instead of new messages (only affects tray icon: Options / Tray Icon)
- New option to reset confirmation prompts (in Options / General)
- New toolbar button available for Sent Mail Viewer (menu: View / Customize Toolbar)
- New option to archive selected messages to a predetermined local folder; Sent Mail Viewer v3 supports viewing Archived messages
- New option to duplicate an existing account (right-click on account; requires 'Advanced Options' in General Options)
- Significant improvements in utf-8 support
- Added 'View source' option to context menu in message list
- Added 'Copy shortcut' to context menu in view message (Rich/Plain text)
- Removed 'View full source' from View-Message menu; can be accessed by holding down F8 with 'View source'
- The Num/Scroll Lock LED will return to its original state when new message notification is dismissed (instead of simply turning off)
- Added a 'copy' button to the Error Log to allow convenient copy/paste
- Spacebar can no longer be used to open messages; spacebar is used for other default Windows behavior
- Added "Are you sure..." for mark all read/unread, with "don't ask me again" option
- The account's error will be appended when "Error Retrieving Message" is displayed in message status
- Menus and options adhere to new Win7 capitalization standard (sentence-style vs old title-style)
- Context-menu key (and Shift+F10) now works for Account and Message lists
- Periodic message save is now multi-threaded
- New logic for accounts that retrieve number of messages when using PPTweaker option to dismiss unread messages: number of unread equals number of new messages, so that it doesn't appear that you always have unread email
- For SMTP, the default port has changed to 587 (from 25) and "Server requires authentication" is enabled by default
- Text changes: (Account General) "Server" -> "Incoming Server"; (menu) "Options" -> "Tools"; "Set Options" -> "Options"; (menu Accounts) "Show account checkbox" -> "Show auto-check checkbox"
- Beta (RC) versions of POP Peeper are now considered in "check for updates" if already using a beta version
- POP Peeper Premium Add-on Pack now requires a license key and online activation
- Installer: Updated to NSIS v2.46 to fix issues with Vista/7 (shortcut items being placed in All Users instead of user folder)
- Installer: new logic if POP Peeper is running to provide choices to user
- Installer: better management of data files during uninstall
- Installer: Uninstaller for Premium Add-on Pack
- Fix: Data folder can now start with '\' meaning from the root folder; this was previously ignored and would create a subfolder and could cause problems if data folder currently starts with a slash
- Fix: Assigning 'none' to a global hotkey may cause hotkey to activate in certain cases
- Fix: "Error Retrieving Message" was not displayed for message status when there was an error
- Fix: Better prevention of corrupt .emd files
- Fix: Fail-safe for resuming from standby (deprecates "Do not process power broadcasts" in PPTweaker; it is recommended that user disables this option)
- Fix: Browsing for new data folder wouldn't open the current folder by default
- Fix: Case when clicking on link wouldn't open in new window
- Fix: When viewing plain/rich text messages with character encoding, font face and size will use specified settings
- Fix: SMTP port could not be modified in certain conditions
- Fix: In some cases, default email client wasn't detected correctly
- Fix: Imap: Certain servers (e.g. fastmail.fm) would "Login Error" after initial login
- Fix: Imap: Certain servers (e.g. imap.mail.com) don't put IDLE in capabilities until after login
- Fix: Imap: DavMail proxy does not support 'Fetch RFC822', so changed to 'Fetch Body' (equivalent)
- Fix: Smtp: Subjects encoded in koi8-r were not converted correctly when replying
- Fix: Smtp: Ctrl+A for select all now works in compose window headers
- Fix: RSS: deleted messages will no longer count towards the 'total' number of messages in the account
Reviewing 3.8 (Jan 10, 2012)
bloat bloat bloat bloat. Gmail Notifier Plus is so much better. I don't want all this crap, I just want to check my email!
Reviewing 3.8 (Aug 30, 2011)
Best email app on the planet! Truely one of the greatest in software history.
Been using this since the early days. And I just purchased the premium addon pack today.
Reviewing 3.6 (Sep 16, 2010)
I downloaded this application thinking it would be just another piece of digital crap, mainly because I've installed thousands of applications over the years, and ... oh I'm just spitballing here, but probably 95% of them are crap.
However, this is a great application, especially given that it's free. Nice interface, nice customizability, nice everything. In fact, the only thing I need Thunderbird for anymore is when I want to save a message long-term. Other than that, for sending/receiving, this is it.
Reviewing 3.6 (Mar 15, 2010)
Still the best and still free! Worth donating!
Reviewing 3.5 (Mar 15, 2010)
3.6 is out!
No comments yet