PowerArchiver 2016 is the latest version of the award winning compression utility. Brand new ZIP engine features multicore optimizations that lead up to 4x speed improvement compared to competitors and enable you to use full potential of your PC. New ZIP engine supports ZIPX archives (LZMA, PPMD, WavPacl, BZ2 format support) and makes PowerArchiver the only compression utility fully compatible with WinZip 12. Other ZIP/ZIPX related features include full Unicode support, AES support and unlimited file size/number support. RAR extraction has been optimized and is now up to 30% faster than other software.
PowerArchiver fully supports open source 7zip format which provides up to 50% stronger compression than zip, with some unique features available only in PowerArchiver such as optimized compression mode where best format is selected automatically. PowerArchiver supports following formats: ZIP, RAR, 7-ZIP, CAB, ACE, HA (LZH), TAR, GZIP, BZIP2, BH, XXE, UUE, yENC, and MIME (Base 64), ARJ, ARC, ACE, ZOO plus ISO, BIN, IMG and NRG disc image formats. If you want more formats, PowerArchiver has plugin system which can be used to add more formats support (msi, chm, etc).
Other notable features include fully integrated shell extensions, preview window where you can preview files, pictures, and archives without extracing them first and even, optional, modern ribbon interface. PowerArchiver fully supports Windows 7 with jump lists, taskbar progress and taskbar icon overlays, as well asother Windows operating systems from Win98 to Windows Vista.
Pro version of PowerArchiver adds even more features: Professional level backup utility that lets you backup your files to 3 destinations as well as ftp/email or burn to the disc, FTP client for easy transfer of files via FTP and integrated standalone Burner utility which lets you burn data CD/DVD/Blue-Ray discs, rip your discs to ISO images and even use Virtual DVD tool to mount ISO files.
- New Interface – New classic and ribbon/modern interface designs. Everything is easy to use and where it always was, just with much nicer overall design. 9 prebuilt skins are available and each can be configured with various different options. Full applica
- New icons and logo – New icon design and new logo throughout the interface with modern look. Icons are now used in File menu interface as well, for modern look. However, if you still prefer the old look, you can change back to old icons by going to View>
- For everyone! – Full support for both classic and modern (ribbon) toolbar. Skinning support can be completely turned off via Classic skin with no skins, to speed up interface on very slow computers
- Superior Windows 10 support! – Finely tuned Windows 10 support. We did not forget Windows XP either
- Completely customizable – Everything can be changed! There are many, many options that can be customized – for instance, you can turn on/off aero, change interface icons, every window is re-sizable, icon size is manually adjustable. There are 9 different
- More translations! – Over 30 full translations with every detail of interface translated to native language in fully unicode interface
- shampoo_Snap_2015.11.27_10h42m29s_034_PowerArchiver 2016 Toolbox •2K/4K display support – Automatic support for 2K/4K displays – future proof! Large DPI support from 110% to 200%. Icon size is automatically adjusted with natively drawn large icons for su
- Touch screen support – Support for touch screens with special touch screen mode. If you use tablets that make it hard to click various parts of interface, Touch mode will automatically enlarge option choices so it is easier to hit wanted options. Works a
- Faster startup- faster startup speeds, especially on older systems
- Backup, Encryption Suite, Burner and Virtual Drive are full apps- Backup, Encryption Suite, Burner and Virtual Drive are now full applications that can be started independently from PowerArchiver and have their own full interface. Shortcuts to these apps
- Office and Adobe encryption and signing- Added various Office and Adobe encryption and signing/verifying features in Encryption Suite (full interface)
- Audio Burner and Ripper added- Many have asked us for audio burning and ripping features so they don’t have to download separate audio burner – implemented in 2016. Audio burner will even automatically take audio from MP4 video file
- Support for ZPAQ format- support for strong ZPAQ format added. Both compression and extraction are supported. Depending on user feedback, further development is possible
- Support for WIM format- Added “compression” support for WIM format, in addition to previous extraction support
- Improved support for all formats- Improved support for all formats, as well as bug fixes. Over 50 various formats now supported
- Updated Burner Engine- Updated Burner engine for support of latest Blu-Ray standards
- Improved Compression Tools- All compression tool windows have been improved – Multi Extract, Archive converter, Batch ZIP and others are now all updated, modern looking with larger window default size and resizable. Improvements to performance as well as
- Main PowerArchiver- Every part of main PowerArchiver window has been upgraded
- Backup- Many smaller changes and bug fixes
- Explorer view enhancements- Much better support for Windows Libraries (documents, downloads, pictures, etc) in File Manager mode (Explorer view)
- Better support for various different languages- Better support for various languages (displaying non native character sets). More translations to come in next month
- Many other improvements and bug fixes- Many other improvements and bug fixes. Several hundred closed tasks
Reviewing 16.00.61 Final (Feb 5, 2016)
I pretty much gave up on PowerArchiver because of performance issues but with the release of 2016 that's completely changed This versions features have greatly improved over 2015. Also the Touch Screen Support is NICE and it supports ever format imaginable.
Reviewing 16.00.56 RC3 (Jan 22, 2016)
I tried this, and while it is pretty good, things that I don't like are that in order to create RAR files, you must have WINRAR installed. If that is the case, why not just Use Winrar and 7zip?
Price seems a little steep... I mean ONE year of updates for $22 (Basic Version) when you can get lifetime updates of WINRAR for $21. I Own WINRAR and while I considered switching to this, I just don't see the point
Reviewing 15.00.28 Private Beta (Nov 1, 2014)
Good archiver. Never had any problems. Support is also fine.
I guess PowerArchiver is the best archiver money can buy.
Reviewing 15.00.28 Private Beta (Nov 1, 2014)
Still the best and AWESOME support, both by email and forum.
Worth every single penny.
Reviewing 14.06.02 (Oct 11, 2014)
The best there is, PLUS excellent support via the forum.
Is there a change log?