Process Lasso is a unique new technology that improves PC responsiveness during high CPU loads. It does this through dynamic adjustments to process priorities. This feature is called ProBalance, dynamic priority optimization. Instead of boosting foreground priorities, which is ineffective and potentially detrimental, Process Lasso temporary lowers the priorities of select background processes when they may be interfering with system responsiveness. A graphical demo is available on Bitsum's site that demonstrates how this feature can save you from a total PC stall in a worst case scenario.
For more advanced users, Process Lasso allows automation and persistence of various process settings. One can set save CPU affinities, process priority classes, I/O priority, memory priorities, and application power profiles. These settings get re-applied each time the process is run. Users can also limit the number of instances an application can have, or disallow processes from running entirely. More advanced watchdog rules can be created to take any number of actions based on quotas and thresholds. For instance, trim the working set when a process's working set exceeds a specified amount, or lower the process priority class when an application exceeds a particular amount of CPU utilization for a specific duration.
This branch is Semi-Free because it never expires, but some advanced features may be disabled over time and some nags shown. Critical features such as ProBalance, default priorities, and default affinities will not be disabled. Only the more advanced features are disabled and part of Process Lasso PRO.
Yes - 30 day timeout
- Added command line shortcut for Process Lasso ‘pl.cmd’ (pl) to auto-updater, as it did have a small update a while back, and it’s tiny anyway
- Fix for any Server Edition installs that inadvertently got switched to Workstation during previous beta updates (only affected BETA channel!), but won’t take effect until the *next* update
- Fix for rare scenario where user installs then changes date backwards (e.g. time zone change)
- Updated languages from latest v9 alpha branch snapshots
- Improvement to handling of issue with some ‘cleaning’ software that wipes out Process Lasso’s application data storage folder while in use
- Fixed issue with auto-retries on config file open, intended to support temporarily inaccessible remote paths, as they could cause Lasso GUI menu delays if the config folder is wiped out (an abnormal error condition caused by poorly written third-party cle
- Adjust ProBalance known process awareness database
- Reduce disk and virtual memory size by removing unnecessary high resolution renditions of some icons
- Fix to rare possible crash in ProcessLasso.exe
- Fixed Site licenses could not activate Workstation editions of Lasso in some circumstances
- Improvement to avoid instances in new user sessions confronting users with language selection
- Fix to Server Edition beta channel auto updates
- Improved module signing consistency of some ancillary distributions and modules
- Improvement to 32-but Server Edition code generation
- Fix to Spanish graph legend
- Update several languages
Reviewing 18.104.22.168 (Feb 25, 2016)
Im useing full version on W10x64 and W8.1x32. Both works well :)
Reviewing 22.214.171.124 Beta (Jun 25, 2015)
We would like to thank our loyal supporters of Process Lasso. As some may have noticed, we have been very active in 2014-2015.
Some new things: Gaming Mode 2.0, ParkControl 2.0, SmartTrim, ProBalance Insights, and lots of general product refinement... just to name a few.
If you've tried Process Lasso in the past, but it wasn't for you at the time - give it a new try. We think you'll be pleased, and welcome your feedback!
It's as applicable for new PCs as it is old - if not MORE SO.
We've got even more coming down the pipe, so hope you'll join us as we make a difference in the world of PCs.
And, as always, Bitsum *never* uses installer bundles. That is why we do have to charge for a PRO version of the software, but we believe that's far preferable to ruining the integrity of your PC by tricking you into installing crap via deceitful installer bundles.
DISCLAIMER: I am the author. My rating does not affect the overall product score here (I don't think). It's hard for me to give my own software less than 5/5 stars ;).
Reviewing 126.96.36.199 (Jun 13, 2013)
Great program, I'm using this on a new PC & it still makes a difference - No problems at all ~
Reviewing 188.8.131.52 (Dec 5, 2012)
Makes quite a difference even on fast PC's - Well worth buying the full edition.
One small annoyance is on boot the entire UI screen flashes up for a second or so, but the program works OK though.
Reviewing 184.108.40.206 Beta (Jul 13, 2012)
No problem, I'm not the fastest to answer my self ;)
Still like your program :)
I'll pop by your forum, and say hi.
Take care and have a nice weekend.
Hey dear friend i know this things only that Process Lasso improves system performance, responsiveness, and stability in high load situations. It watches for processes consuming too much of the CPU, so can you provide me more details