Process Lasso is a unique new technology that improves PC responsiveness during high CPU loads. It does this through dynamic adjustments to process priorities. This feature is called ProBalance, dynamic priority optimization. Instead of boosting foreground priorities, which is ineffective and potentially detrimental, Process Lasso temporary lowers the priorities of select background processes when they may be interfering with system responsiveness. A graphical demo is available on Bitsum's site that demonstrates how this feature can save you from a total PC stall in a worst case scenario.
For more advanced users, Process Lasso allows automation and persistence of various process settings. One can set save CPU affinities, process priority classes, I/O priority, memory priorities, and application power profiles. These settings get re-applied each time the process is run. Users can also limit the number of instances an application can have, or disallow processes from running entirely. More advanced watchdog rules can be created to take any number of actions based on quotas and thresholds. For instance, trim the working set when a process's working set exceeds a specified amount, or lower the process priority class when an application exceeds a particular amount of CPU utilization for a specific duration.
This branch is Semi-Free because it never expires, but some advanced features may be disabled over time and some nags shown. Critical features such as ProBalance, default priorities, and default affinities will not be disabled. Only the more advanced features are disabled and part of Process Lasso PRO.
Yes - 30 day timeout
- Addition GUI New module, ProBalance Insights, to show per-process ProBalance statistics
- Addition GUI Add item to View submenu, 'Open Log Viewer'
- Addition GUI Add item to View submenu, 'Open ProBalance Insights'
- Enhancement GUI Move and rename menu item 'Open Log Viewer' to View submenu
- Enhancement GUI Minor other improvements
- Enhancement Log Add hashtags to #ProBalance log events, for easy filtering
- Enhancement Log Refine text of some log entries
- Enhancement Log Enable sortable columns in the Log Viewer
- Change GUI Move and rename some menu items
- Change GUI Move ProBalance count text up a bit on graph
- Change Launcher ProcessLassoLauncher.exe now can raise main window of existing instance w/o elevation. This is for those who pin Lasso to the Taskbar or prefer to open an already running instance via the Start Menu
- Change Updater Remove modules that haven't been updated for a long time. Will help with false positive rarely seen on 'bitsumms.exe', and reduces update size
- Change Core Minor optimizations
- Change Localization Update Italian
- Change Localization Update German
- Removal GUI Remove a deprecated submenu item (elevate)
Reviewing 22.214.171.124 (Jun 13, 2013)
Great program, I'm using this on a new PC & it still makes a difference - No problems at all ~
Reviewing 126.96.36.199 (Dec 5, 2012)
Makes quite a difference even on fast PC's - Well worth buying the full edition.
One small annoyance is on boot the entire UI screen flashes up for a second or so, but the program works OK though.
Reviewing 188.8.131.52 Beta (Jul 13, 2012)
No problem, I'm not the fastest to answer my self ;)
Still like your program :)
I'll pop by your forum, and say hi.
Take care and have a nice weekend.
Reviewing 184.108.40.206 Beta (Jul 13, 2012)
No problems so far with V6, good software though I use the paid edition.
Reviewing 220.127.116.11 (Jun 13, 2012)
Use the pro version & a though this is a pretty good PC I do feel it's well worth buying & using ~ (Looking forward to version 6, didn't know it was on the cards)
I suspect 'reviewer' has never reviewed it ~
Hey dear friend i know this things only that Process Lasso improves system performance, responsiveness, and stability in high load situations. It watches for processes consuming too much of the CPU, so can you provide me more details