Process Lasso improves system responsiveness during periods of high CPU loads. It does this through dynamic adjustments to process priorities. This feature is called ProBalance, dynamic priority optimization. Instead of boosting foreground priorities, which is ineffective and potentially detrimental, Process Lasso temporary lowers the priorities of select background processes when they may be interfering with system responsiveness. A graphical demo is available on our site that demonstrates how this feature can save you from a total PC stall in a worst case scenario.
Process Lasso also has a host of other features. It can automatically terminate undesired processes, apply default priorities and CPU affinities to processes, limit the number of instances a process can have, prevent PC sleep while specified processes are running, enter High Performance power scheme for specified processes, log all processes, and much more. It is not at all a task manager replacement, but does have task manager like capabilities to compliment its primary functions.
This branch is Semi-Free because it never expires, but some advanced features may be disabled over time and some nags shown. Critical features such as ProBalance, default priorities, and default affinities will not be disabled. Only the more advanced features are disabled and part of Process Lasso PRO.
- Addition.ALL.Add termination log entry type
- Addition.GUI.Add 'automatic updates' checkbox to update dialogs for quick application of silent, automated updates for future events
- Fix.CORE.Fix Energy Saver non-idle power profile initial change upon toggle during core engine session
- Fix.CORE.Fix 32-bit edition watchdog rules broken in v6.5. The 64-bit edition was not affected
- Fix.GUI.Fixes and enhancements to GUI and Governor startup configuration and toggles
- Fix.GUI.Fix single process selection context menu's foreground boost exclusion check state
- Fix.GUI.Fix governor status monitoring in certain multi-user environments
- Fix.GUI.Fix old log events might be taken into consideration with regards to process restraint history on initial load
- Fix.GUI.Fix secondary non-applicable events showing up in some graph tooltips, might appear as duplicated process name
- Fix.InstallHelper.Fixes to installer command line specification of GUI and Governor startup type
- Fix.InstallHelper.Force GUI to start with elevated permissions when Governor run as a service under *all* scenarios
- Fix ThreadRacer Fix a cosmetic defect on stop
- Change.GUI.Simplification and re-organization of process context menus
- Change.GUI.Move log options submenu to 'Configuration and Log' menu
- Change.GUI.Further improve accuracy of restraint history
- Change.GUI.Re-enable system tray notifications
- Change.GUI.Remove 'power profile' prefix from active power profile display overlaid on graph
- Change.GUI.Named memory priorities in process context menu
- Change.GUI.Prune resource modules
- Change.GUI.New code signing certificate
- Change.GUI.Speed response time of change to system tray icon to reflect Governor running status
- Change.GUI.Standardized single and multi-selection context menu item titles
- Change.InstallHelper.Improvements to management of GUI and Governor startup type
- Change.ALL.Code optimizations
- Change.Updater.Change initial updater check interval to every 7 days for final builds, 2 days for beta builds
- Change.CORE.ProBalance ignore processes of non-normal CPU priority class now only applies to CPU priority adjustments by ProBalance. Other adjustments, such as CPU affinity, will still be made
- Change.CORE.Add another Symantec process known to have interoperability issues with regards to its tamper detection
- Change.Packer.Renewed code signing certificate
Reviewing 22.214.171.124 (Jun 13, 2013)
Great program, I'm using this on a new PC & it still makes a difference - No problems at all ~
Reviewing 126.96.36.199 (Dec 5, 2012)
Makes quite a difference even on fast PC's - Well worth buying the full edition.
One small annoyance is on boot the entire UI screen flashes up for a second or so, but the program works OK though.
Reviewing 188.8.131.52 Beta (Jul 13, 2012)
No problem, I'm not the fastest to answer my self ;)
Still like your program :)
I'll pop by your forum, and say hi.
Take care and have a nice weekend.
Reviewing 184.108.40.206 Beta (Jul 13, 2012)
No problems so far with V6, good software though I use the paid edition.
Reviewing 220.127.116.11 (Jun 13, 2012)
Use the pro version & a though this is a pretty good PC I do feel it's well worth buying & using ~ (Looking forward to version 6, didn't know it was on the cards)
I suspect 'reviewer' has never reviewed it ~
Hey dear friend i know this things only that Process Lasso improves system performance, responsiveness, and stability in high load situations. It watches for processes consuming too much of the CPU, so can you provide me more details