ReNamer is a small, yet very flexible and powerful file renaming tool that offers all the standard renaming procedures including prefixes, suffixes, replacements, case changes, as well as remove contents of brackets, add number sequences, change file extensions, etc. For advanced users, there is a PascalScript rule, which let users program their very own renaming rule.
The program allows you to combine multiple renaming actions as a rule set, applying each action in logical sequence, which can be saved, loaded and managed within the program. In addition, ReNamer supports Meta Tags, such as: ID3v1, ID3v2, EXIF, OLE, AVI, Hashing and more; has an ability to rename folders, can process Regular Expressions, and supports Unicode filenames.
- Rewritten file version information extraction code to be Unicode capable
- VersionInfo_Version meta tag was split into two separate VersionInfo_FileVersion and VersionInfo_ProductVersion tags
- Changed how "Always on top" option is applied, it now requires a restart
- Replaced use of DragAcceptFiles with WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES on main form
- Analyze dialog got its own place on the taskbar and can now be minimized independently of the main window
- If natural sort thinks items are the same, perform a normal text sort, so names like "01" and "1" will always appear in a consistent order
- Reworked functions for processing special folders to better handle errors
- Translation field in the About dialog became more apparent
- Fixed a problem with partially shown main window in the command line mode, which was caused by usage of "remember last position and size" option
- Added GetCurrentMarkedFileIndex and GetTotalNumberOfMarkedFiles functions to PascalScript
- Added 3 new functions to PascalScript: GetCurrentFileIndex, GetTotalNumberOfFiles, WideGetTempPath
- Added "Fix conflicting new names on preview" option in the Settings
- A more detailed warning message for the real-time preview option
- Right click on the white header of the About dialog will place application's version information in to the clipboard
- Upgraded Virtual Treeview component to v5.1.0
- Changed versioning pattern from "5.60+ Beta 22" to "5.60.22 Beta"
- Added release date to the About dialog
- Fixed issue with natural sorting algorithm: next immediate character after a numeric value was skipped (jumped over) in comparison
- Added "Extension always upper case" option to the Case rule
- Fixed issue with shortcuts from the main window being kept active when showing modal dialogs in the command line mode
- No flickering of the main window when performing command line renaming
- Added option to export files to a batch renaming file
- Fixed export/import of CSV files to correctly handle quoted strings, including appearance of commas within the values
- Importing from M3U/PLS playlists now works on Unicode filenames
- Importing/exporting from/to CSV/TAB files now works on Unicode filenames
- Fixed file extracting issue when importing from PLS playlist
- Added "Go To" button on the Browse dialog
- Checkboxes in rules configuration will be automatically selected when user modifies the associated input field
- Added preliminary file signature for WebM video files
- Added file signatures to detect MP4 video files
- Included PDF version of the User Manual compiled from the Wiki pages
- Previous update of Virtual Treeview to v4.8.7 caused the drag & drop feature of the files table to stop working; As a workaround, SimpleDrawSelection flag had to be disabled and now drawing a selection with the mouse will work only on if the State colum
- Failed loading of the compiled code in Pascal Script will raise an error instead of the whole rule being skipped silently
- Added 3 new functions to Pascal Script: WideJoinStrings, GetApplicationPath, GetApplicationParams
- Added MSI|PUB as alternative extensions to the file signature associated with DOC|PPT|XLS file formats
- Added helper menu with examples of regular expressions
- Fixed problem with not updated files counter when files are deleted in to the recycling bin via shell menu option
- Main toolbar items are resized according to the ratios based on the original widths in the form definition, as opposed to hard-coded ratios, enabling adjustment of the width of the main toolbar items by translators
- Meta tag description is made translatable
- Spacebar will work as the Insert key does on the files table, inverting the marked state for all selected items
- Fixed problem with the new window positioning method which restored position with an offset if there were taskbars anchored to the left or top side of the desktop
Reviewing 5.50 (May 5, 2011)
Totally, absolutely, positively excellent. Tiny, infinitely customizable ReNamer that does it all. Just try it.
Reviewing 14Jan2009 Beta (Nov 12, 2009)
Great app, easy to use but with powerful features! And free:-)
Reviewing 14Jan2009 Beta (Jun 1, 2009)
It takes just a very few minutes to understand this great piece of software, but it is well worth it. It is powerful and useful.
Reviewing 5Dec2008 Beta (Jan 18, 2009)
Just about the perfect app. Every feature I could possibly want, and darned small.
Reviewing 5.40 (Dec 3, 2008)
This is the one you want. I've been using this magnificent program for a long time and it's simply flawless. It even runs perfectly under Wine in Ubuntu!
No comments yet