Restore Point Creator will create and manage System Restore Points quickly and easily, all from a free simple program. No more drilling through multiple menus in Windows just to create a System Restore Point, now all you have to do is run this program and that's it. Follow the simple program layout and you have your System Restore Point created in no time at all.
Plus, for users of Windows 7 and Windows 8, creating System Restore Points is even quicker and easier with this program. Just pin this program to the Taskbar and you have the ability to quickly create System Restore Points using one of the two pinned Tasks ("Create System Checkpoint" and "Create Custom Named") that the program creates. It's that simple.
- Changed much of the multi-threaded code to use Background Pool Threads instead of spawning my own threads
- Simplified the GUI code of the update notification window
- Updated HTTPHelper to version 1.215
- Added the ability to auto-elevate the task when executing the program with the "-createrestorepoint" switch along with the "-name" parameter. This was broken in the past, thanks goes out to Paul Merritt for reporting this issue to me
- Added note to the Command Line Arguments window that the commands are recommended to be ran from an elevated command prompt. Thanks goes out to Paul Merritt for reporting this to me
- Fixed a bug in which the Reserved System Restore Space for System Drive window wasn't showing on top of other windows like it should
- Completely rewrote the selected restore point deletion routine. Now all confirmation of restore points happen on the main thread with only the process of deleting said restore points being processed on a background thread
- Implemented a way for the user to tell the program to not ask to confirm the deletion of each selected restore point if the user so chooses to do so once the confirmation dialog box is shown
- Finally added a long requested feature to the program, the ability to confirm the deletion of selected restore points in a batch
- Included some code optimizations on the Disk Space Usage window
- Finally fixed a handle leak on the disk space usage tool in which it was leaking system handles/objects
Reviewing 2.4 Build 25 (Oct 4, 2014)
Nice shortcut and full of features. Makes creating a restore point or restoring one a breeze especially if I pin the app to the start menu or task bar. Thanks.
Also if a computer goes under a heavy defrag it is common to loose stored restore points. I can now easily check by opening this app and ensuring that I have two or three restore points at all times.
Reviewing 2.4 Build 23 (Aug 23, 2014)
Windows already has this.
I recommend ERUNT GUI.
Reviewing 2.2 Build 9 (Mar 11, 2014)
Reviewing 2.2 Build 6 (Mar 8, 2014)
Sir, I like your software. It's simple, to the point, and I can use it with AutoHotKey to schedule weekly restore points and place custom descriptions as I please. Thanks for your efforts.
Reviewing 1.1 (Oct 26, 2003)
Well using a VBS is fine but the main reason why i created this program was to learn the System Restore APIs and create this small program for my own use. It may be small, but i think some might find it useful :)
No comments yet