Restore Point Creator will create and manage System Restore Points quickly and easily, all from a free simple program. No more drilling through multiple menus in Windows just to create a System Restore Point, now all you have to do is run this program and that's it. Follow the simple program layout and you have your System Restore Point created in no time at all.
Plus, for users of Windows 7 and Windows 8, creating System Restore Points is even quicker and easier with this program. Just pin this program to the Taskbar and you have the ability to quickly create System Restore Points using one of the two pinned Tasks ("Create System Checkpoint" and "Create Custom Named") that the program creates. It's that simple.
- Fixed an issue in which the scrolling of the textbox on the Update Notification window doesn't disable the update countdown if the user uses a touchscreen to scroll it
- Added additional handling of several common HTTP error codes
- Fixed an issue on the Mount Shadow Copy Tool in which the Mount button wasn't disabled when a user clicked outside of the column in the list. Clicking on the Mount button would then result in an ArgumentOutOfRangeException exception. Thanks goes out to
- Put in a question asking the user if the user wants to repair the system if error code 1058 is returned by the system restore point API
- Put in a question asking the user if System Restore Point Creator should attempt to repair System Restore
- Includes some changes to the some of the VSS related code
- Added a new app setting, Confirm Smaller Restore Point Space Setting; this is used by the Manage System Restore Storage Space window
- Fixed a bug in which the program was giving an error about the new size being smaller than the old size for setting the restore point space even though it was wrong. This was caused by a logic error in the code. Thanks goes out to Mark Bitter for report
- Added the ability to turn off that confirmation via a checkbox on the window if you so chose to do so
- Added several new handlers for various exceptions to improve program crash reporting
- Updated HTTPHelper class to version 1.240
- Added full custom proxy support to the program, these changes camr about because of additions to the HTTPHelper class
- Added the ability to convert many integer error codes into hex strings for crash reports and error logging
- Added the ability to check for updates immediately after changing the software update channel. This removes an added step when changing update channels, namely the fact that you had to manually check for updates
Reviewing 2.4 Build 25 (Oct 4, 2014)
Nice shortcut and full of features. Makes creating a restore point or restoring one a breeze especially if I pin the app to the start menu or task bar. Thanks.
Also if a computer goes under a heavy defrag it is common to loose stored restore points. I can now easily check by opening this app and ensuring that I have two or three restore points at all times.
Reviewing 2.4 Build 23 (Aug 23, 2014)
Windows already has this.
I recommend ERUNT GUI.
Reviewing 2.2 Build 9 (Mar 11, 2014)
Reviewing 2.2 Build 6 (Mar 8, 2014)
Sir, I like your software. It's simple, to the point, and I can use it with AutoHotKey to schedule weekly restore points and place custom descriptions as I please. Thanks for your efforts.
Reviewing 1.1 (Oct 26, 2003)
Well using a VBS is fine but the main reason why i created this program was to learn the System Restore APIs and create this small program for my own use. It may be small, but i think some might find it useful :)
No comments yet