Restore Point Creator will create and manage System Restore Points quickly and easily, all from a free simple program. No more drilling through multiple menus in Windows just to create a System Restore Point, now all you have to do is run this program and that's it. Follow the simple program layout and you have your System Restore Point created in no time at all.
Plus, for users of Windows 7 and Windows 8, creating System Restore Points is even quicker and easier with this program. Just pin this program to the Taskbar and you have the ability to quickly create System Restore Points using one of the two pinned Tasks ("Create System Checkpoint" and "Create Custom Named") that the program creates. It's that simple.
- Fixed a rare issue in which the function that creates restore points may crash with a Null Reference Exception
- Fixed a possible SecurityException crash that may occur in the toolStripMyComputer Click event
- Fixed a possible UnauthorizedAccessException crash that may occur in the application startup routine
- Includes some optimizations to code in the program startup routine that’s used to verify and parse certain registry values
- Unified the code used to parse restore point creation date strings into Date objects
- Includes some user interface fixes for Windows XP
Reviewing 2.4 Build 25 (Oct 4, 2014)
Nice shortcut and full of features. Makes creating a restore point or restoring one a breeze especially if I pin the app to the start menu or task bar. Thanks.
Also if a computer goes under a heavy defrag it is common to loose stored restore points. I can now easily check by opening this app and ensuring that I have two or three restore points at all times.
Reviewing 2.4 Build 23 (Aug 23, 2014)
Windows already has this.
I recommend ERUNT GUI.
Reviewing 2.2 Build 9 (Mar 11, 2014)
Reviewing 2.2 Build 6 (Mar 8, 2014)
Sir, I like your software. It's simple, to the point, and I can use it with AutoHotKey to schedule weekly restore points and place custom descriptions as I please. Thanks for your efforts.
Reviewing 1.1 (Oct 26, 2003)
Well using a VBS is fine but the main reason why i created this program was to learn the System Restore APIs and create this small program for my own use. It may be small, but i think some might find it useful :)
No comments yet