RoboForm is a password manager and one-click web form filler with some serious Artificial Intelligence inside. Just enter your personal information and the program securely stores it for future reference. It is well-behaved and includes no adware or spyware. Works as an add-on to Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape web browsers.
- Sync: fix not including some files into sync due to include *.rfp filter
- Sync: do not require One Time Password for background syncing of usage info
- Sync: fix One Time Password did not work, if WinInet option is used
- Add 'RoboForm > Sync > Manage RoboForm Everywhere Account' command to RoboForm menu
- Sync: OpenSSL upgraded to 1.0.1j, to fix recently vulnerabilities such as Poodle
- Installer: fix RF installer shows too big icon for Chrome 64 bit on Close Applications
- Installer: increase waiting time before showing Force Close buttons
- Fix some random crashes related to closing of RF popup windows
- Chrome + Basic Auth: fix not attaching to basic auth window in some 2-window cases
- Chrome + Basic Auth: fix crash when BA window appears on site with invalid cert
- Chrome + Basic Auth: fix not showing AutoSave for Basic Auth
- Fix RF extension is not added to Yandex browser if Google Chrome is not installed
- Chrome: fix clicking on Minimize button in Chrome can trigger AutoSave in BA window
- Chrome 38+: fix RF does not install Chrome extension if it was previously removed via Chrome->Settings
- Chrome + High DPI Screen: fix texts are too small in RF dropdown menus
- Firefox: fix RF may fail to detect Firefox installtion in some cases
- Firefox: fix RF does not install extension into Firefox ESR
- Firefox 33+, RF2Go: fix RF2Go does not attach to Firefox 33 and later
- Editor: add shortcuts: Ctrl+Backspace to delete a word back, Ctrl+Delete to delete a next word
- Editor: fix keys in search box: Home/End first/last position, Ctrl+Home/End: first/last item
Reviewing 18.104.22.168 (Jun 25, 2014)
LastPass all the way. I also don't like the greediness of the company.
Reviewing 7.9.7 (May 20, 2014)
RoboForm lost me as a customer when competition arrived.
LastPass works fine for what I use a password manager for, web browsers. Don't want and don't need a tool for application logins and it is quite annoying.
Plus RoboForm has too many issues with fast moving browsers. I can sympathize, but not accept that as a customer.
I'm firmly in the RoboForm camp now across all my devices and browsers.
Reviewing 22.214.171.124 (Feb 4, 2014)
I liked it better than Lastpass but it is not compatible across platforms and so I cannot sync to the cloud all platforms like Lastpass. In Linux they expect me to enable third party cookies to use their extension. And forget it if you own a Blackberry Q10. If they pick up the ball I would likely return.
Reviewing 126.96.36.199 (Jan 31, 2014)
not free chrome is free and does all this s*** for free!
Reviewing 188.8.131.52 (Jun 26, 2013)
Totally unnecessary with Win 8. Always causes problems with Firefox.
Did it RF used to be a 4 or 4 1/2 stars? Wow, look, you lie to your customers and it will end up being a 3, 2 then 1 star product. Ghee I wonder if they thought about this and if they care.
I purchased two lifetime licenses to Roboforms PRO edition in 2004 as their website clearly advertised back in November 2004 that ALL updates would be provided FREE -
http://replay.waybackmac...boform.com/why-pro.html and now instead of grandfathering their Pro Lifetime Free update customers they break their contract. I may still file this with the Federal Trade Commission because it is clearly a violation of a clearly stated offer they made in their online advertising which they have now reneged on.
This has to be one of the buggiest programs of all time, with updates coming as often as twice a week. As a long time user, I've ditched it for something less buggy from a company that does not mislead it's customers with BS about free lifetime updates and then try to charge them for an eye candy update. Too bad...
I recently upgraded from ver 6 to ver 7 Roboform Everywhere as I have a number of notebooks, netbooks and a desktop.
Just being able to pick up which ever machine and know that I have all my passwords etc to hand in a safe form is well worth the cost to me. Also I can install RF Everywhere on any future computer I buy at no extra cost.
A really professional piece of security software.
Very disappointed by the decision to effectively revoke the Free Upgrades license to long time v6 users. How can we trust Roboform with our passwords if we cannot trust them they would honor the terms of their license? See for yourself here:
This should no longer be a top pick. There are other alternatives now, many times better and cheaper, even FREE. Roboform no longer is what it used to be! Looks somewhere else for your password management needs.
How can Roboform still be a Fileforum Pick with all the negative feedback regarding the change of terms debacle?
I just wrote to them. I see they have a A+ with the BBB. I will file a complaint if I do not get lifetime upgrades for 2 Roboform Pros and 1 Roboform to go. Going forward, I understand they it is no longer lifetime. But my last purchase in August, and the other two a few years back should be lifetime. I coulda had them reset my activation counter due to getting a new pc, then a bad new mobo and bought a different one and installed the same one on my new laptop. But nope. I purchased a 2nd one for my laptop, acting in an ethical way, which they at this time do not.
I appreciate very much the comments given by RF Marketing Manager, Mr. Simon Davis, who informs us that licensed users have the opportunity to upgrade free of charge to latest Version 7, providing customers would request it from themselves.
I was hoping for this discount given to licensed users of previous products to be announced on the website. It is common practice everywhere. However today (december 10th) I downloaded the trial version but did not could spot the good news. If the good news was appearing on the website, why is it to be written here ? (I almost paid for 3 new licences a full price, but was reluctant to proceed to a payment, only because of the absence of a clear information)
Maybe if one procedes to payment, eventually one might see a discount ??
However, Simon would not be a Marketing Manager if he wasn't using Fileforum at full power potential, to give Roboform as many as big five 5 (stars) in the website section made for REVIEWS, while the COMMENT section here seems to remain empty.
(This isn't a "personal attack" . ALL marketing managers in the world have plenty tricks in their bag ; of which most of buyers are probably aware anyway)
I must go back to the section (where stars are given), in order to post my own "review" ; an inappropriate word, when it comes to give "some little bits" pro's and contra's of a program.