ServerDoc will start a program and check if the program is still running every five seconds and restart the program if required (if it crashed, etc.). It can also rotate servers with its internal scheduling. You may want to run a game server between 6pm and 10pm or run different game servers hourly/daily/weekly or monthly. Serverdoc can even be set up to load a different mod/patch. You could have your servers set up to run Normal DeathMatch one night, Team Fortress the next, Counterstrike the night after.
- Added Config folder name & Serverdoc ip:port now on subject of emails
- Added internal SD_RUN.EXE command, allows running a .exe from a folder other then current path
- Added Quake2,3,4 query checks and private server enforcement
- Added killing process tree
- Added ability to stop/start other serverdoc "slaves"
- Added show.cmd to show serverdoc window (sdcontrol) & shutdown.cmd
- Changed BLAH hldsupdatetool.exe & sd_reinstall.exe now not saved to "run" line in wwwconfig.cfg
- Changed code to save/load configs (faster)
- Fixed mohaa query problem for maxplayer enforcement
- Fixed Crash problem if the OS blocks serverdoc from receiving network information
- Fixed memory leak in V0.90b04
- Added show.cmd to show serverdoc window (sdcontrol)
Reviewing 0.85b (Apr 23, 2005)
Serverdoc closes error windows, a batch file will not. A batch file won't restart frozen servers using (network) query checks.
Reviewing 0.85b (Apr 22, 2005)
hmmm why not just use a batch file
start /wait myapp.exe
Reviewing 0.84b (Feb 22, 2005)
It requires you to update the program periodically... sounds kinda fishy to me...
Reviewing 0.71.5 Beta (Mar 5, 2003)
sounds interesting for edonkey/emule users. these programmes just love to crash on some computers. this programme could restart them.
No comments yet