Slimjet is a fast, smart and powerful web browser based on the Blink engine. It is built on top of the Chromium open source project, on which Google chrome is also based. Slimjet integrates a lot of powerful and convenient features to help users maximize their online productivity. Slimjet users can get more work done in much less time, all without taking the pain to hunt for external plugins from various sources. Slimjet also includes many options and settings so that users can customize the browser to best suit their own personal preference. Slimjet is compatible with almost all plugins and extensions from the Chrome web store.
- CRITICAL SECURITY UPDATE: Set default SSL minimum to TLS 1.0 as a response to the Poodle bites exploit of SSL 3.0
- Privacy protection enhancements (Privacy section)
- Added option to hide the special avatar button in incognito mode to make incognito mode less conspicuous
- Added a series of anti-tracking options
- Block cross-domain HTTP referrer
- Block Google ads on third-party websites
- Replace indirect link in search engine results with direct link to original site
- Updated flash player to 18.104.22.168
- Added option to close tab by right click (Tab options section)
- Added option to support "drag & drop text to search" for selected text in the current search engine (Misc section)
- Added option to control whether to create new browser window when clicking on program shortcut (Misc section)
- Added toolbar button to search for keywords within the current site using Google site search
- Improved loading speed of New Tab page
- Added a "List of tabs" button when the tab bar is full of tabs. You can click this button to get a drop down list showing the full title of all the tabs
- Bug fix: Hiding status message in full screen mode
- Bug fix: remember save path when saving screenshot images
- Bug fix: bookmark side panel lost after resizing the width to zero
- Bug fix: Opening from bookmark side panel should follow tab creation option
Reviewing 22.214.171.124 (Sep 24, 2014)
Reviewing 126.96.36.199 (Sep 12, 2014)
One of the last few browsers for intelligent people, refuses the way what Google wants other browsers to go - instead it stays feature rich, customizable!
No Google, forcing other browsers to become a Chrome clone to gain the users is not working 100%!
This is one of the last few browser to go towards!
Reviewing 188.8.131.52 (Aug 8, 2014)
google chrome IS faster!!!
this really messed up my google chrome they install a service to stop google chrome from being default.
I would call this adware.. also what do they have against HTML 5? it is better than flash... what a POS.
Reviewing 184.108.40.206 (Aug 6, 2014)
I've just "installed" the portable edition on my PC running Windows 8.1, and I must say this one looks a lot like Maxthon... for Mac! It's got the exact same set of functionalities, particularly the ability to open your bookmarks in a new foreground tab, which I like a lot.
Since it's based on Webkit, it's pretty fast to display webpages, and though I haven't explored the whole yard yet, it looks pretty good.
I too set it as my default browser, that's how much I like it... But I can be a little flaky when it comes to browsers, so time will tell.
Reviewing 1.0.15 (Jul 17, 2014)
Awesome Chromium-based browser with some very helpful extras, like on-toolbar weather, video download button, browser cleaning button, and more built in to the browser. I've been using it for a few days now, and it is working as good, if not better than Chrome. Another plus is Flash and Silverlight video don't seem to crash nearly as much as they did in Chrome. And not to worry, all extensions built for Chrome are reported to work in Slimjet. It's now my default browser.
No comments yet