SpeedFan monitors fan speeds, temperatures and voltages in computers with hardware monitor chips. It can even access S.M.A.R.T. info for those hard disks that support this feature and show hard disk temperatures too, if supported. It can even change the FSB on some hardware. At the lowest level, it is a hardware monitor software, but its main feature is that it can control fan speeds according to the temperatures inside your pc, thus reducing noise and power consumption.
- Added full IPMI support
- Added full support for IT IT8771E
- Added full support for Intel Sunrise Point (Z170) SMBus
- Added full support for STMicro STTS2004
- Added full support for NCT6793D
- Added full support for Giantec GT34TS04 and GT34TS02
- Added support for Atom E3800 SMBus
- Added support for Atom C2000 SMBus
- Added support for Fintek F71878A/F71868A at non standard addresses
- Enabled SMBus on Intel 6 Series / C20x, if needed
- Fixed SCSI_PASS_THROUGH access on some systems
- Skipped accessing those hard disks that return the ID Sector from another disk
- Fixed Nuvoton NCT6791D and NCT6792D sixth fan readings
- Added support for alternate registers of NCT6793D
- Fixed German translation for CPU Usage
Reviewing 4.50 (Aug 20, 2014)
Does what it says, and does it well
Reviewing 4.48 Beta 6 (Jan 2, 2013)
Made my fans fun so fast it sucked the cat into the PC case, I never noticed they were running fast though.
Good, interface a bit dated but it's free & does the job well.
Reviewing 4.47 Beta 2 (May 8, 2012)
nilst2006 you are funny
Speedfan destroying your funs, lol
How much voltage did you put on it?
never seen a fun been destroyed by low rotation
Reviewing 4.46 (Mar 27, 2012)
A classic piece of freeware. Yea, the interface is what it is. However, it is probably best kept complex to prevent accidental misconfiguration by the layman. A little intimidation on advanced projects is sometimes appropriate. The author also has a minimalist design to his web sites, except for the ads, which are a little aggressive. He might tone them down, but that's the site. Software is good.
Reviewing 4.46 Beta 4 (Feb 14, 2012)
This %&¤&%¤% destroyed one tiny fan on my mobo ! If i knew that all fans where set to 100% when Windows were shut down i had prevented this disaster. It was a while ago, but i warn people from using this without going throuth all settings properly, twice !!!!
Nope, it was NOT my fault the setting were 100% after install and the 1st start. I can only blame the program. I usually always check settings properly in software i install. I didn't with this one. That fan it destroyed should never have a speed above 25%. To You below who blame me, got to H !
No comments yet