SpeedFan monitors fan speeds, temperatures and voltages in computers with hardware monitor chips. It can even access S.M.A.R.T. info for those hard disks that support this feature and show hard disk temperatures too, if supported. It can even change the FSB on some hardware. At the lowest level, it is a hardware monitor software, but its main feature is that it can control fan speeds according to the temperatures inside your pc, thus reducing noise and power consumption.
- Added full support for Nuvoton NCT6791D (including fan control)
- Improved external (USB) hard disk detection (some were not properly detected on Windows 8)
- Added a new method to access hard disks connected to 3ware RAID controllers (works on 64 bit systems too)
- Added support for Intel core temperature (Family 06h Model 3Ch)
- Added support for Intel core temperature (Family 06h Model 3Eh)
- Added support for AMD Family 15h temperature
- Added support for AMD Family 16h temperature
- Added support for Intel 8 Series SMBus
- Added support for Intel 8 Series Mobile SMBus
- Added support for Intel 9 Series SMBus
- Added Nuvoton NCT6779D/NCT6791D advanced option to choose between PWM and DC output for System Fan (PWM 1)
- Changed the way NCT6779D and NCT6791D read fan speeds
- Added 4 more temperature readings to NCT6779D
- Added Fintek F71808A advanced setting: PWM TYPE 3
- Refined Fintek F71808A description for PWM MODEs
- Added preliminary support for ITE IT8620E temperatures and fan speeds
- Fixed a minor typo that caused Fintek F71808A to not show some temperatures properly
Reviewing 4.50 (Aug 20, 2014)
Does what it says, and does it well
Reviewing 4.48 Beta 6 (Jan 2, 2013)
Made my fans fun so fast it sucked the cat into the PC case, I never noticed they were running fast though.
Good, interface a bit dated but it's free & does the job well.
Reviewing 4.47 Beta 2 (May 8, 2012)
nilst2006 you are funny
Speedfan destroying your funs, lol
How much voltage did you put on it?
never seen a fun been destroyed by low rotation
Reviewing 4.46 (Mar 27, 2012)
A classic piece of freeware. Yea, the interface is what it is. However, it is probably best kept complex to prevent accidental misconfiguration by the layman. A little intimidation on advanced projects is sometimes appropriate. The author also has a minimalist design to his web sites, except for the ads, which are a little aggressive. He might tone them down, but that's the site. Software is good.
Reviewing 4.46 Beta 4 (Feb 14, 2012)
This %&¤&%¤% destroyed one tiny fan on my mobo ! If i knew that all fans where set to 100% when Windows were shut down i had prevented this disaster. It was a while ago, but i warn people from using this without going throuth all settings properly, twice !!!!
Nope, it was NOT my fault the setting were 100% after install and the 1st start. I can only blame the program. I usually always check settings properly in software i install. I didn't with this one. That fan it destroyed should never have a speed above 25%. To You below who blame me, got to H !
No comments yet