Super Ad Blocker blocks all forms of advertising including fly-in, slide-in, flash, rich media, pop-ups, pop-unders, spyware ads, messenger ads, and more. Includes advanced privacy cleaning and automatic updates so the product is never out of date.
Yes - 30 day timeout
- Windows Vista Support for IE7 - resolved issue where certain pages would appear to be frozen/stalled
- SUPERAntiSpyware Personal Edition update - over 40% faster scanning, enhanced rootkit detection and more
- Improved real-time scanning - uses much less CPU
- Improved startup scanning to block more threats before they have a chance to install and re-infect the system
- Enhanced ad blocking engine for new styles of Flash and DHTML (flying) ads
- Spyware Blocking Definitions Updates - Definitions are typically updated on a daily basis
- Ad-Blocking Rules Updates to block new types of banners, floating ads and more
Reviewing 4.2.1012 (Nov 16, 2006)
+ Blocks and cleans spyware/adware programs
+ Cookie, Cache and Multi-Histroy Cleaning
+ Scheduled cleaning
- Large File Size
- Irregular updates
- Doesn't filter all net applications
- Has compatibility problems under certain proxy configurations
- No detailed logging (has only statistics)
- No integrated, instant support
- Slightly pricey
- Poor (Non Existent?) community
- No intelligent filter options
- Doesn't support user-defined (custom) filtering of objects/content/code on web pages
- Doesn't support text replacement
- Doesn't have multi-proxy chaining
- Doesn't have options to block website user interface effects (like musics and sounds, background images, scroll bar colors, statusbar text, no right-click, web bugs, auto-refresh, auto bookmarking, active window, etc)
- No option to block adult content
- No options to modify browser behaviour (toolbars/window sizes)
- No option to hide the window
- No option to lock the controls
- No option to change referrer field
- No option to change the user agent
- No option to prevent mouse usage interference on websites
Reviewing 4.0.1024 (Aug 21, 2006)
This is a great Ad blocker for Firefox and Internet Explorer, it's so easy to use and has blocked every type of Ad on websites, it also fixes the websites so where the banners go don't show so the website looks totally normal.
GREAT AD BLOCKER!!! 5/5
Reviewing 1.0.1682 (Feb 20, 2005)
It's good. I like the ad/spyware detection. Only thing is, since it doesn't work with Mozilla I can only give it 4. Instead I bought AdMuncher, which works with all browsers and is VERY effective, without being to effective (so it doesn't remove something that it shouldn't) ;)
Reviewing 1.0.1662 (Jan 27, 2005)
I ran this ad blocker, and took the popup blocking test posted by Quixley, and for me it failed 9 times out of 27 popups in the test. I use Opera, and I also use Internet Explorer. I also have Ads Gone, which I disabled during the popup testing and ran it seperately. Ads Gone only failed on 5 popups, so I DONT recommend this one as it failed a lot more than Ads Gone did.
BTW, thanks Quixley for the popup testing page, I'm going to try a few other so called " super popup blockers" using that page.
I rate this a 2 because of the high failure instances.
Reviewing 1.0.1588 (Oct 31, 2004)
Just what we need--another P.O.S. that supports only the Insecure Explorer engine.
No comments yet