SynWrite is a powerful text and source code editor with many features like syntax highlighting, code folding, tree structure, auto-completion, code templates, string extraction and clipboard history. Almost all kinds of encodings are supported. The use of external tools makes it possible to check your code and navigate to errors. As "Notepad replacement" Synwrite gives you a lightweight and full-featured alternative for windows text editing. Also runs as portable app or plugin for file manager "Total Commander".
- Option "Left/Rt keys jump sel edge" resets sel (like ST3 and all)
- Lexer js: hilite jquery-words, more std words
- Lexer pascal: generics support
- Shorter main menu: "Encoding" moved into "File"
- Opt "block staple" redone
- Opt "block staple offset" now hidden
- Opt "carets indicating" now hidden
- Disabled drag of rt-margin (messed with mul-carets)
- Del opt "Group redo" (used group-undo)
Reviewing 6.14.1870 (Dec 23, 2014)
Wouldn't install in my Programs folder.
Reviewing 6.8.1520 (Sep 20, 2014)
SynWrite seems to be one of the very best editors out there. I love the fact that it has Code Folding and great Find & Replace. It is very stable and fast so perfect for me and many others. You can get it here: http://simplenewz.com/20...29/Mainstream/feed/3741
Reviewing 6.7.1460 (Sep 12, 2014)
I tested at least 5 usually very high rated programming editors, and found SynWrite more or less only by chance. Finally I found that SynWrite is one of the very best editors, and for my needs the editor of choice. I am actually surprised that it is still not more popular and not much more frequently referenced to and then also higher ranked by programming editor comparing blogs and journal articles.
- it has Code Folding
- it has a superb Find & Replace functionality
- it runs perfectly stable and is outstandingly fast
- it has syntax highlighting (lexer) for almost every language around, and for the case still needed, lexer configuration is very well documented
a detail to add to this, for my personal needs:
- it comes already with a basic and yet sufficiently functional MATLAB syntax highlighting, something almost all competitors miss
Reviewing 6.7.1440 (Sep 1, 2014)
Great program, it's as good as the reviews say.
Reviewing 6.5.940 (May 7, 2014)
Portable v here.
Unpacked & launched (syn.exe)
Absolutely NO razzmatazz UI. More a WYSIWYG. In fact it looks a bit Shoddy
So anyone looking for Fancy Shmancy, Get a different S/c editor.
This is fabulous.. & Thanx to All the Guys who contributed.
A (GetOnWithIt) App, with no Shiny Bells n Whistles to Hog memory.
I work with source code (pretty much) every day, & have never given this App a shot before. I "cannot comment" on usability yet, But a quick look around the UI & files tells me lots.
VERY basic looking, but take a peek under the Hood.... 5+*
No comments yet