TagScanner is a powerful tool for organizing and managing your music collection. It can edit tags of most modern audio formats, supports ID3v1/v2, Vorbis comments, APEv2, WMA and MP4(iTunes) tags. You can rename files according to information from the tags, import tag information from filenames or other sources, perform any text replacement and transformations in tags and filenames. Also you may get album info and download covers via online databases like freedb, Amazon, Discogs or MusicBrainz. You can create playlists in one click and export your collection to HTML, Excel or any user-defined format. Program has easy-to-use multilingual interface and built-in audio player.
- New: Autonumbering of discs based on groups
- New scripting function $cutmix(x) to remove mix/cover part in parentheses from string
- Improved behavior of Rename folder by tag function
- Improved interaction with MusicBrainz service
- Improved: Editor now remembers state of folded blocks
- Fixed: Proxy options reading
- Fixed: Reading of export scripts in some cases
- Switch for Track counter in editor reverted back (it was useful in some cases)
- Translation: Chinese Simplified
Reviewing 6.0.1 (Jan 20, 2016)
I like TagScanner. It does what I want and is easy to use. They only problem I have with it is after 6.0.0 is that it has gone with an ugly Win10 look.
Reviewing 5.1.657 (Nov 14, 2014)
tag scanner is great, check it out.
Reviewing 5.1.651 (Aug 27, 2014)
Tagscanner is perfect for tagging those songs before placing them on the radio server. However I have found that the latest versions will not allow for a save after the info have been entered. On a hunch I installed an older version and it works perfectly. I'm not sure what happened between the versions. but the older version works and the newest version sux!
Reviewing 5.1.648 (Mar 11, 2014)
Reviewing 5.1.647 (Feb 17, 2014)
I'm not sure what you are trying to do. but I found that the newest version just would not allow for saving of the data after it was entered. I happened to have an older version. installed the older version and it works like a champ! Hope this helps!
lovely program, but unable to edit audiobook mp4a/ACC; any help there?