The Bat! is an e-mail application that features support for multiple POP accounts, true multithreading, MIME and UUencode standards, message notification, PGP support, APOP authorization, message sorting, message templates, minimization to the system tray, and multimedia support.
- New filter action – "Clear all tags"
- Added profiles for re-filtering a folder
- Filter action to add/delete addresses to/from address book can now extract target addresses from message body with template
- It is now possible to quick-search folders in the folder selection dialogue
- Nickname/Handle from Address Book can be used in TO parameter of /MAIL switch in command line
- Nickname/Handle from Address Book is automatically expanded when used in address macros (TO, CC, ...) in templates
- Added folder set tabs in the folder selection dialogue
- Option to wrap text in "Plain text (Windows)" editor
- "Paste as plain text" option added to popup in the Edit Mail Message Form
- System folders (Inbox, Outbox, Trash, etc.) can have their own settings for templates, deletion etc
- Now if files are dropped onto an Address History item, the editor uses the corresponding e-mail address as the destination
- Some visual fixes in "View Mode Setup"
- Empty lines are now correctly displayed in POP.log and SMTP.log
- Double clicking on a list column separator expands column to fit its contents
- When an account is created by selecting folder in MAIL folder, the account name and home directory are automatically filled
- Image content is used to determine real image type (for example, name has PNG extension but there is GIF image inside)
Reviewing 5.2 (Aug 27, 2012)
Great piece of software! LOVE IT:)
Reviewing 5.2 (Aug 27, 2012)
It is hard to find a better e-mail client out there.
Images in e-mails? LOL. Whatever anyone would need that for. HTML mails?
No, The Bat! is not made for newbies. Luckily.
Reviewing 5.0.30 (Jan 3, 2012)
Does it display images in emails yet?
Reviewing 5.0.8 (May 23, 2011)
I'm astonished that some people actually pay for this! It looks like the e-mail equivalent of the mechanical typewriter.
Reviewing 188.8.131.52 Beta (Apr 6, 2011)
The Bat has a lot of options, choices and handles HTML (the primary method desired) in a weird way. It is justified by the authors as security but IMHO is awkward. This should be an option selection by the user, not forced by the developer. Not all of us visit sites where HTML is full of threats, I have Virus software that protects my email and lets me make a decision on what I want to receive, If it were not for the awkward use of HTML, this might be a good choice, I have checked each release hoping that HTML handling will join the realm of practicality but it never does and guess it never will, I am sure there are those who will disagree with me and is their right to do so but this program is just not for the user who is looking for an easy to use mailer, If you like having to "fiddle" with each email just to read it, then this program is for you! There are many good email clients out there that do as good or better than this and most are free, Try it and you be the judge,
No comments yet