VirtualBox is a general-purpose full virtualizer for x86 hardware. Targeted at server, desktop and embedded use, it is now the only professional-quality virtualization solution that is also Open Source Software.
- VMM: fixed emulation of certain instructions for 64-bit guests on 32-bit hosts
- VMM: properly handle certain MSRs for 64-bit guests on ancient CPUs without VT-x support for MSR bitmaps (bug #13886)
- GUI: fixed a crash with multimonitor setups under certain conditions
- GUI: allow cloning of snapshots when the VM is running
- NVMe: fixed compatibility with the Storage Performance Development Kit (SPDK, bug #16368)
- VBoxSVC: fixed a crash under rare circumstances
- VBoxManage: added a sanity check to modifymedium --resize to prevent users from resizing their hard disk from 1GB to 1PB (bug #16311)
- Windows hosts: another fix for recent Windows 10 hosts
- Linux hosts: Linux 4.10 fixes
- Linux Additions: fixed protocol error during certain operations on shared folders (bug #8463)
Reviewing 5.1.6-110634 (Sep 14, 2016)
Reviewing 5.0.18-106667 (Apr 19, 2016)
Now works on all Windows Insider Preview Builds. Great program.
Reviewing 5.0.16-105871 (Mar 8, 2016)
Solid. I've been using this as test platforms daily for many years without any issues worth noting. Continues to get better.
Reviewing 5.0.12-104815 (Jan 5, 2016)
I'd give it a 3.5 if I could because it is "free" ... my main problem is every now and then it gets "disconnected" from the VM file and although I've been working with computers as a tool since early 80s I still find it difficult to get the VM file that I've worked with for months to function again and it's usually just easier to start a new one which is disappointing because I lose all the programs and settings ... for all practical purposes it was like a hard disk crash and lose everything.
Reviewing 5.0.2-102096 (Aug 16, 2015)
Huge fan of VB. Been using it for years. Upgraded recently to Win10 and talk about headaches. Even the current version of VB (10.0.2) has issues so did what was recommended and stuck with the beta (5.0.1r102010) and it's pretty stable (VB doesn't crash Win10 anymore after waking Win10 from Hibernation or sleep; sound now works in guests as well which is cool too). I'll wait until the official release of one that states it's Win10 compatible before installling it. Still giving VB 5 stars; well deserved. Just grateful for the fixes that the VB team (and M$ too for that matter) has done to fix the issues that at least works for me now. :)
No comments yet