Volume2 is an advanced Windows audio mixer, a complete replacement for the standard Volume Control. This application lets you easily change the sound volume just by rotating the mouse wheel or by using keyboard hot keys or just mouse move on screen border. It includes an audio mixer with advanced volume controls support, a scheduler, an on-screen display, command line support, the ability to store and recall different unlimited presets via one mouse click or system-wide hot keys.
- Added option to auto reboot hooks (on some systems, it often flies, then the program stops working)
- Added option to garyachie keys to% brightness
- * Fixed: After restarting the shell (explorer.exe) was lost in the system tray icon
- Added a peak indicator on top of the sound screen indicator (example Candy Apple Red)
- Added ability to set the action for shortcuts: Win + Up, Win + Down, Win + Left, Win + Right
- * Fix: OSD TrackBar "zaberal" over focus
- Added events for shortcuts: Turn off the PC, restart the PC, Turn Off Monitor (Monitor support StandBy)
Reviewing 18.104.22.168 (Oct 11, 2012)
I have been using 3RVX because it would let me change volume in the game Fallout 3 but I was not able to change volume in Skyrim.
Volume² does let me change volume in Skyrim. To do this I had to enable the option to change volume when the cursor is at a screen edge with the mouse wheel.
I am very pleased with this so I would be voting 5 but there is no readme.txt or url or chm in the archive I received so I feel like that should be addressed. There is ample documentation at the home page though with videos and a WIKI... The application is hosted on code.google.com and has a license Other Open Source so someone may wish to move this to open source...
Problems can be reported at
Issues - volume2 - Volume² - advanced Windows volume control - Google Project Hosting
UPDATE: This little gem has an option to "Scroll windows below mouse cursor without choosing them first" LOL I had another app in my tray just to do that and now I don't need it
So Five stars then...
No comments yet