WinSCP is freeware SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) and SCP (Secure CoPy) client for Windows using SSH (Secure Shell). Its main purpose is safe copying files between local and remote computer. Beyond this basic function, it manages some other actions with files. It can do all basic operations with files, such as copying and moving. It also allows you to rename files and folders, create new folders, change properties of files and folders. One of two selectable program interfaces allows user to manage files even on local computer. Most operations can be done recursively for files in folders.
- Translations completed: Brazilian Portuguese, Finnish, Kabyle and Ukrainian
- Moving main window with Login dialog. 1455
- Expanding patterns in default value of extension options. 1456
- Paste command in panels context menu. 422
- When upgrading the drag&drop shell extension, silently postpone replacement until the next system restart, unless the new extension is incompatible. 1458
- XML parser upgraded to Expat 2.2.0
- Not showing password in full open command syntax suggestion. 1452
- Using !P pattern in PuTTY command implies that password should be remembered
- Not importing the Disable Nagle’s algorithm (TCP_NODELAY option) from PuTTY as it has a different default due to its interactive nature
- More detailed error message when fatal error (such as inability to write an XML log file) occurs while .NET assembly is starting winscp.exe
- Skip loading icons from .exe (and similar) files when it takes too long. 1460
- Bug fix: Long (or multiline) authentication prompts are truncated. 1449
- Bug fix: Failure during WebDAV SSPI authentication. 1450
- Bug fix: Directory listing lacks attributes on MVS systems. 1451
- Bug fix: It was possible to set site name empty
- Bug fix: Error opening data connection over proxy server when the server supports EPSV command. 1310
- Bug fix: Ad-hoc and Last custom commands were always executed for selected files, even when executed from a context menu of a focused file
- Bug fix: Custom command patterns were replaced in values of extension options
- Bug fix: Downloads by drag&drop were randomly defaulted to background queue. 1457
Reviewing 5.5.1 (Jan 29, 2014)
as the others say. such a good program!
Reviewing 5.2.1 Beta (May 14, 2013)
This is a straight forward SFTP/FTP utility. I have been using this for a few years now. I use it for standard FTP, as well as Secure FTP sites. It's very reliable.
Reviewing 5.1.1 (Nov 9, 2012)
The goldstandard. The best!
Reviewing 5.0.9 RC (Sep 7, 2012)
The Standard! Highly recommended.
Reviewing 5.0.3 Beta (Oct 21, 2011)
Great program! Use it everyday. There is nothing better.
No comments yet