WinSCP is freeware SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) and SCP (Secure CoPy) client for Windows using SSH (Secure Shell). Its main purpose is safe copying files between local and remote computer. Beyond this basic function, it manages some other actions with files. It can do all basic operations with files, such as copying and moving. It also allows you to rename files and folders, create new folders, change properties of files and folders. One of two selectable program interfaces allows user to manage files even on local computer. Most operations can be done recursively for files in folders.
- Support for proprietary SFTP extension email@example.com to check disk space usage
- Not requiring Windows nor Windows Explorer restart when new version uses the same or older version of Drag&Drop shell extension than existing one
- It’s possible to Login/Open a site in PuTTY in a new window without closing Login dialog. 1086
- Using theme instruction font for message texts
- Listing new/empty site folders on Save session as site dialog. 1089
- Increasing number of items shown in drop down lists of some combo boxes
- Consistently logging modification time and size of every transferred file
- System error message is shown when changing local working directory fails in scripting. 1087
- Added host name to some connection related error messages
- Canceling site editing when the site is dragged
- Allowing Enter and Esc keys on site list of folder/workspace view on Login dialog
- Improved error messages related to drag&drop shell extension
- Bug fix: Failure when closing Windows session
- Bug fix: Environment variables were not expanded in site hostname and username in rare cases
- Bug fix: It was not possible to skip error listing local directory during operation. 1090
- Bug fix: Some messages containing & were shown incomplete
- Bug fix: FTPS upload over proxy truncates files. 1092
Reviewing 5.2.1 Beta (May 14, 2013)
This is a straight forward SFTP/FTP utility. I have been using this for a few years now. I use it for standard FTP, as well as Secure FTP sites. It's very reliable.
Reviewing 5.1.1 (Nov 9, 2012)
The goldstandard. The best!
Reviewing 5.0.9 RC (Sep 7, 2012)
The Standard! Highly recommended.
Reviewing 5.0.3 Beta (Oct 21, 2011)
Great program! Use it everyday. There is nothing better.