WinSCP is freeware SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) and SCP (Secure CoPy) client for Windows using SSH (Secure Shell). Its main purpose is safe copying files between local and remote computer. Beyond this basic function, it manages some other actions with files. It can do all basic operations with files, such as copying and moving. It also allows you to rename files and folders, create new folders, change properties of files and folders. One of two selectable program interfaces allows user to manage files even on local computer. Most operations can be done recursively for files in folders.
- Requesting FTP directory listing fields using OPTS MLST, if the server does not provide all needed fields by default. 1267
- Support for MD5 FTP command
- Executable winscp.exe is included in .NET assembly package
- Logging level and password logging can be set on command-line using /loglevel switch
- Logging parsed command-line and script command parameters on Debug 1 level
- Size of connection receiving buffer increased. 1273
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.1l
- Reducing amount of detailed information shown on Authentication Progress window for FTP sessions
- Adjusting message box size for icons scaled on Windows 8.1 and newer
- Not using drag images. 1274
- Logging processes and performance counters in .NET assembly debug log, only when Session.DebugLogLevel is 1
- Not logging value of -passphrase switch of open command. 1277
- Bug fix: After several unsuccessful reconnects a resumed FTP file download starts from an initial remote folder, instead of correct source folder. 1268
- Bug fix: When sorting local files modified at the same time by modification time, sort direction is not considered when falling back to sorting by filename. 1269
- Bug fix: Command could be invoked in the middle of creating directory or navigating. 1272
- Bug fix: It was possible to drop on a file with drop handler in local panel with enabled drag&drop shell extension, although it cannot work with drop handlers
- Bug fix: Failure when dropping on a file with drop handler in local panel with disabled drag&drop shell extension
- Bug fix: Failure when running in a restricted environment. 1276
- Bug fix: Confirmation button on Read to Install and Finished installing installer screens was incorrectly labeled Next
- Bug fix: Order of sessions in workspace with more than 10 sessions is not preserved. 1278
Reviewing 5.5.1 (Jan 29, 2014)
as the others say. such a good program!
Reviewing 5.2.1 Beta (May 14, 2013)
This is a straight forward SFTP/FTP utility. I have been using this for a few years now. I use it for standard FTP, as well as Secure FTP sites. It's very reliable.
Reviewing 5.1.1 (Nov 9, 2012)
The goldstandard. The best!
Reviewing 5.0.9 RC (Sep 7, 2012)
The Standard! Highly recommended.
Reviewing 5.0.3 Beta (Oct 21, 2011)
Great program! Use it everyday. There is nothing better.
No comments yet