WinSCP is freeware SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) and SCP (Secure CoPy) client for Windows using SSH (Secure Shell). Its main purpose is safe copying files between local and remote computer. Beyond this basic function, it manages some other actions with files. It can do all basic operations with files, such as copying and moving. It also allows you to rename files and folders, create new folders, change properties of files and folders. One of two selectable program interfaces allows user to manage files even on local computer. Most operations can be done recursively for files in folders.
- Using FTP command SIZE in binary mode. 1292
- Optionally determining local file icon by extension only. 1325
- Ensuring that sessions to be opened in a new window does not get actually opened back in the existing window
- Bug fix: SFTP transfers fail occasionally. 1321
- Bug fix: Controls occasionally do not align correctly after restoring maximized window from minimization. 1309
- Bug fix: Embedded session is not opened. 1311
- Bug fix: SCP session breaks when an output includes a null character. 1313
- Bug fix: Error retrieving file attributes with FTP protocol when the path is given with trailing slash. 1314
- Bug fix: Sort arrow was shown on unsortable Find dialog
- Bug fix: File mask with size constraint over 4 GB does not work. 1318
- Bug fix: When dragging files from local panel to local tree, status bar is not updated. 1319
- Bug fix: Local directory tree does not show newly created folder. 1320
- Bug fix: Local directory tree stops reflecting changes after creating new folder
- Bug fix: Failure when HTTPS WebDAV URL redirects to HTTP. 1323
- Bug fix: Certificate validation fails, when HTTP WebDAV URL redirects to HTTPS
- Bug fix: Some redirected WebDAVS connection error messages show original host name instead of the actual host name
- Bug fix: WebDAVS certificate failure override for redirected session is stored for original host name
- Bug fix: During file transfers on FTP servers that do not support MLSD command, file details are not provided on overwrite confirmation prompt and transfer progress is not shown correctly. 1324
- Bug fix: Edit commands on all Internal editors reflect state of the currently focused editor, instead of their editor
Reviewing 5.5.1 (Jan 29, 2014)
as the others say. such a good program!
Reviewing 5.2.1 Beta (May 14, 2013)
This is a straight forward SFTP/FTP utility. I have been using this for a few years now. I use it for standard FTP, as well as Secure FTP sites. It's very reliable.
Reviewing 5.1.1 (Nov 9, 2012)
The goldstandard. The best!
Reviewing 5.0.9 RC (Sep 7, 2012)
The Standard! Highly recommended.
Reviewing 5.0.3 Beta (Oct 21, 2011)
Great program! Use it everyday. There is nothing better.
No comments yet