WinSCP is freeware SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) and SCP (Secure CoPy) client for Windows using SSH (Secure Shell). Its main purpose is safe copying files between local and remote computer. Beyond this basic function, it manages some other actions with files. It can do all basic operations with files, such as copying and moving. It also allows you to rename files and folders, create new folders, change properties of files and folders. One of two selectable program interfaces allows user to manage files even on local computer. Most operations can be done recursively for files in folders.
- Translations completed: Catalan, Swedish and Polish
- Several files can be opened in editor at once using their paths. 1437
- Change: Session.EnumerateRemoteFiles does not throw when reading subdirectory fails
- Implemented Beep when work finishes also for Keep remote directory up to date. 1440
- Tunnel inherits SSH options from the main session. 1441
- Custom command and PuTTY patterns are case-insensitive
- Custom sound for Beep when work finishes. 1444
- Make WinSCP default handler command opens Set Program Associations for WinSCP even on Windows 10
- Informing, when the script file is not in supported encoding
- Handling directory listing entries with question marks. 1448
- Bug fix: Failure when user’s Documents folder cannot be loaded on start. 1435
- Bug fix: GSSAPI authentication is not working in tunneled session. 1434
- Bug fix: Some scripting commands or command-line switches were not recognized on some locales (like Welsh) when used or defined with a mixed case (like /XmlLog vs. /xmllog). 1436
- Bug fix: When a passive file panel is focused after reload, the panel is scrolled to show the previously focused file, what can cause unintended behavior. 1438
- Bug fix: When the current console font (e.g. raster) does not support Unicode, some console output might be lost. 1439
- Bug fix: Command-line toolbar was not disabled for WebDAV sessions
- Bug fix: The -pw argument is added to PuTTY command-line, even when !P pattern is used. 1443
- Bug fix: Certificate validation fails on Windows Vista and older. 1442
- Bug fix: Ordering of columns that are invisible by default is not preserved. 1446
- Bug fix: UTF-16 script files cannot be loaded. 1447
Reviewing 5.5.1 (Jan 29, 2014)
as the others say. such a good program!
Reviewing 5.2.1 Beta (May 14, 2013)
This is a straight forward SFTP/FTP utility. I have been using this for a few years now. I use it for standard FTP, as well as Secure FTP sites. It's very reliable.
Reviewing 5.1.1 (Nov 9, 2012)
The goldstandard. The best!
Reviewing 5.0.9 RC (Sep 7, 2012)
The Standard! Highly recommended.
Reviewing 5.0.3 Beta (Oct 21, 2011)
Great program! Use it everyday. There is nothing better.
No comments yet