WinSCP is freeware SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) and SCP (Secure CoPy) client for Windows using SSH (Secure Shell). Its main purpose is safe copying files between local and remote computer. Beyond this basic function, it manages some other actions with files. It can do all basic operations with files, such as copying and moving. It also allows you to rename files and folders, create new folders, change properties of files and folders. One of two selectable program interfaces allows user to manage files even on local computer. Most operations can be done recursively for files in folders.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.1f
- Showing delayed Progress window before any message box is displayed
- Usability improvements to new Login dialog: ?Consistently using Save caption for save button, even for new sites
- Using de-facto standard accelerator A for Save As command (also removes duplicity with Save command)
- Explicit keyboard shortcut Alt+A for Save As command. 1006
- When saving cloned site, offer folder and name (with unique suffix) of original site. 1105
- Cloning to a new site when double-clicking site without host name specified. 1100
- Selecting tab to the right after closing tab. 1102
- When externally opening additional session in existing instance of WinSCP, bringing its window to front. 1098
- Using same accelerator for Upload and Download commands
- Default transfer setting preset can be duplicated
- Temporarily suspending countdown when moving mouse over message box with “timeout” button. 1107
- Showing name of folder being calculated on Progress window before the calculation starts, not only after it has finished
- Widening default Progress column of background transfer queue list to fit “Connecting…” and “Calculating…” states
- Bug fix: Progress window is not shown for custom command launching long-lasting external process. 1101
- Bug fix: Swapped local and remote Root directory command buttons. 1097
- Bug fix: Drag&Drop menu on local panel loses focus when a change is detected in local drive. 1103
- Bug fix: Duplicate accelerator between Edit and Download and Delete commands 1104 and Download and Delete
- Bug fix: Repeated attempt to immediately start “Keeping remote directory up to date” when prompt to perform prior full synchronization is canceled with /keepuptodate /defaults
- Bug fix: Preferred main window size is lost after command-line operation
- Bug fix: Invalid decoding of session URL with sequence of encoded characters that includes + or % encoded character on second or later place in the sequence. 1108
- Bug fix: Background transfer queue progress was shown on main window title, when a dialog box was opened on top of it
- Bug fix: Some hint labels did not fit their caption, particularly with long translations
- Bug fix: Compare directory criterions do not save. 1110
Reviewing 5.5.1 (Jan 29, 2014)
as the others say. such a good program!
Reviewing 5.2.1 Beta (May 14, 2013)
This is a straight forward SFTP/FTP utility. I have been using this for a few years now. I use it for standard FTP, as well as Secure FTP sites. It's very reliable.
Reviewing 5.1.1 (Nov 9, 2012)
The goldstandard. The best!
Reviewing 5.0.9 RC (Sep 7, 2012)
The Standard! Highly recommended.
Reviewing 5.0.3 Beta (Oct 21, 2011)
Great program! Use it everyday. There is nothing better.