WinSCP is freeware SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) and SCP (Secure CoPy) client for Windows using SSH (Secure Shell). Its main purpose is safe copying files between local and remote computer. Beyond this basic function, it manages some other actions with files. It can do all basic operations with files, such as copying and moving. It also allows you to rename files and folders, create new folders, change properties of files and folders. One of two selectable program interfaces allows user to manage files even on local computer. Most operations can be done recursively for files in folders.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.1g. It fixes CVE-2014-0160 vulnerability Heartbleed Bug among other. 1151
- Auto-recognition of RSA padding bug for ProFTPD. 1091
- On Windows XP, Save As button replaced with Save when editing site
- Improvements for running under Wine: ?Using Wine home (Z:\home\%USERNAME%\) as documents folder
- Hiding stub animation on Progress window on Wine
- Workaround for list view bug in Wine. Wine Bug 35945
- Alternate delete on Shift-Click on Delete command in file context menu. 1154
- Bug fix: Directory reading progress is not shown on taskbar button. 1148
- Bug fix: Hint was popping up on file panel path label even when full path was visible whenever filter was active
- Bug fix: Site colors were lost on Login dialog after language change
- Bug fix: New site data were not reset after saving
- Bug fix: Server hostname is not verified against certificate common name (or subject alternative name). 1152
- Bug fix: Help page was not defined for Panels > Local page of Preferences dialog
Reviewing 5.5.1 (Jan 29, 2014)
as the others say. such a good program!
Reviewing 5.2.1 Beta (May 14, 2013)
This is a straight forward SFTP/FTP utility. I have been using this for a few years now. I use it for standard FTP, as well as Secure FTP sites. It's very reliable.
Reviewing 5.1.1 (Nov 9, 2012)
The goldstandard. The best!
Reviewing 5.0.9 RC (Sep 7, 2012)
The Standard! Highly recommended.
Reviewing 5.0.3 Beta (Oct 21, 2011)
Great program! Use it everyday. There is nothing better.