Nullsoft Winamp is a fast, flexible, high-fidelity media player for Windows. Winamp supports playback of many audio (MP3, OGG, AAC, WAV, MOD, XM, S3M, IT, MIDI, etc.) and video types (AVI, ASF, MPEG, NSV), custom appearances called skins (supporting both classic Winamp 1.x/2.x skins and Winamp 3 freeform skins), audio visualization and audio effect plug-ins (including two industry dominating visualization plug-ins), an advanced media library, Internet radio and TV support, CD ripping, and CD burning.
The Standard installer includes input, dsp, and vis plugins, but no media library.
- Improved: [h264.w5s] H.264 decoder optimizations
- Improved: [in_avi/bmp.w5s] Support for RGB bitmap AVI
- Improved: [ml_disc] Support for Disc# in CD Ripping naming convention
- Fixed: Crash when using Alt+3 editor during mldb background scan
- Fixed: EasyMove for classic video window
- Fixed: Spectrum analyzer and beat vis for 32bit PCM files
- Fixed: [bmp.w5s] Memory leaks with BMP AVI codecs (tscc, rle, yuv, rgb)
- Fixed: [D3D] Crash when changing height but not width on back-to-back videos
- Fixed: [gen_tray] Compact mode in Win7 popout tray
- Fixed: [in_avi] Crash on files with missing RIFF header (including 0-byte files)
- Fixed: [in_avi] Crash when ix## seektables aren't where they are supposed to be.
- Fixed: [in_mod] Out of memory error with some older .mod files
- Fixed: [in_mp3] ADTS header unicode/ansi issues (for .aac files)
- Fixed: [ml_impex] UTF-8 writing
- Fixed: [ml_local] Info editor erasing mldb fields not supported by input plugin
- Misc: Further attempts to fix reported elevation/registration issues on Vista & Win7
- Misc: Installer: Only install Gracenote alongside dependent components
- Misc: More general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations
- Misc: Various translation updates (note: French lang pack now updated to 5.57x)
- Updated: [gen_jumpex] JTFE v18.104.22.168
- Updated: libpng 1.4.0
- Updated: libsndfile 1.0.21
Reviewing 5.572 (Nov 30, 2010)
Well why are we reviewing a Jan 2010 file?
Why when I click D/load do I get a warning from Norton as can see here http://safeweb.norton.co..._emusic-7plus_en-us.exe ?
Why is it I am running a higher version number than this one ?
I think some one should explain this problem !
Reviewing 5.572 (Jul 3, 2010)
They simply choose wrong direction... video player ?
but still 3/5 for many plugins and of course for many awesome skins...
better use AIMP or foobar2000
Reviewing 5.572 (Mar 24, 2010)
Bloated, phone home, adware ridden, slow, NO TABBED PLAYLIST, ugly and confusing UI (sorry kid, I'm not into flashy neon these days). Sure there are some good points, let's see uh... it play music, and lotsa gimmicky plugin, and um it play video too! eh wait, what software are we talking about again?
Reviewing 5.53 Build 1924 (Mar 31, 2008)
All these whiners are spamming the review section, I've been using Winamp since 1997 and have no issues with it till now, FLAC works, everything works fine if your OS is stable.
Only thing I'd like to see is an option to resample to 48,000 KHz or 96,000 KHz and any codec playback support like VLC, right now I use Winamp with FFDShow to attain obscure format playback.
It does what it says on the box!
Reviewing 5.34 Build 1239 Beta (Mar 14, 2008)
Totally bloated crap. Aimp and XMplay are much better that this useless, Rotten! piece of garbage.
No comments yet