Winamp TV is a plugin for Winamp that lets you control your TV tuner card from within the multimedia player. TV and FM radio channels are saved a s small files which can be enqueued in a playlist, added to the music library or just played one by one. To change a channel, you only have to change the track in Winamp: so you can arrange the channels any way you like, you can have Winamp or a general purpose plugin randomize them for you, or make different playlists with e.g. preferred selections of channels for the morning or evening. Every channel has its own settings for the video adjustments, the TV system used, stereo/SAP audio and volume.
Reviewing 1.9 Beta 13 (Mar 21, 2006)
Changes for beta 13:
* (beta13) the aspect ratio of digital channels is now adjusted according to the data in the stream. There is also an option to allow overriding of the aspect ratio (i.e. the behaviour of the previous versions).
* (beta13/lite13) video pin selection is changed to offer two more choices: Automatic and No selection. The former lets the plugin make choice of video pin, and the latter can be used to get rid of the Smart Tee filter which was previously inserted in scenarios where a Preview pin was not available. Since the new Automatic option takes care of the most common scenarios, the new version will ignore the pin selection of previous versions and choose Automatic.
* (beta13/lite13) if the capture device does not offer video adjustments (brightness, contrast etc.), they can now be applied using the Video Mixing Renderer 9 (very useful for digital cards); adjustments are now applied without retuning for a much smoother operation; the tab name "Settings" was a bad choice, changed to "Adjustments".
* (beta13) recording no longer stops when the something is changed in the configuration windows or if the video moves to another monitor. Unfortunately a limitation of the current graph architecture means that if the window is moved to another monitor the live video is lost until recording stops.
* (beta13) digital scanning is now available for network-provider-bypass mode. It doesn't yet work with the B2C2 devices (i.e. Technisat SkyStar 2 etc.), this feature will be added soon.
* (beta13/lite13) tooltips in the recording page and other small bugfixes.
Hmm, they should update their installer, it's pretty outdated.
If the overlay mixer is broken, try restarting Winamp.
Reviewing 1.9 Beta 12 (Mar 18, 2006)
Much better than what I was previously using, ChrisTV (an update I applied practically looked like the author was trying to drive away users of the free version).
Only problem with Winamp TV is that recording is completely, 100% broken. At first the videos it recorded had messed up visuals, now I can't get it to record any video at all. Sometimes it doesn't record a thing and complains it can't find the file it supposedly recorded.
Another problem: See the screenshot? This release can't do that, you have to float it in a separate window. If you try to enable the option to embed it in the video window, Winamp TV hangs and crashes Winamp.
gawd21: Please rate the PLUGIN, not Winamp.
hariskar: Actually it can end up slow if you use the wrong combinations of options (best performance for me is to use the standard overlay mixer with no deinterlasing).
Reviewing 1.9 Beta 11 (Nov 6, 2005)
Great plugin!!! gawd21 you should be better informed before post. Winamp can be custom installed with the minimum of features and it is as small as 2.91.
Tith Winamp TV you can see TV and the pc does not become slow and slugish.
Reviewing 1.9 Beta 11 (Nov 5, 2005)
You have to have Winamp to use this. Winamp has become slow and ugly over the past few years.
Reviewing 1.9 Beta 11 (Nov 4, 2005)
Great plugin for Winamp.
No comments yet