XviD is an ISO MPEG-4 compliant video codec. It's not a product, but an open source project which is developed and maintained by lots of people from all over the world.
- Xvidcore library
- Updated implementation of IDCT/FDCT to match error spec of MMX/SSE code
- Added "make info" to unix Makefile
- Removed debian directory from release tarballs
- Made multi-threading (pthread support) switchable at compile time
- VFW frontend
- Minor GUI changes
- DShow/MFT frontend
- GUI cosmetics
- Updated MSVC project files with seperate build configs for MFT-enabled binary
Reviewing 1.3.0 (Mar 17, 2011)
It's a great codec and I used it a lot before X264 came in. Still 5 stars from me for the effort. I think the DivX-XviD times should be past now...
Reviewing 1.2.2 (May 29, 2009)
These guys cannot be serious.
Wake up Xvid "developers", we're 2009, not 1989 !
Reviewing 1.2.1 (Dec 12, 2008)
This new version has a bug/problem when decoding videos at more then 100% their original size. The video pixelates badly.
I have tested many players to see if it was MPC's fault but it was not.
Hopefully, Koepi or the Xvid team addresses this soon.
No comments yet