foobar2000 is an advanced audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Fixed problems with accessing very long file names on network shares
- Fixed incorrect display of converter tag transfer option state in the converter setup dialog
- Improved compatibility with malformed ID3v2 tags
- Added option to prevent hard disk sleep while playing [Advanced Preferences]
- Fixed performance issues with Matroska file reading (1.3 regression)
- Fixed Converter problems with ripping CD to single file with chapters (1.3 regression)
- Added an option to suppress startup dialog about bad last shutdown
- RAR unpacker updates:
- Now using unrar.dll which can be updated easily in the future
- Added support for RAR5 format
Reviewing 1.3.3 (Jul 27, 2014)
My second choice, it's super versatile and the sound it's pretty good (not as good as AIMP) but it needs a decent equalizer urgently.
Reviewing 1.3.3 (Jul 17, 2014)
Still the BEST, thank you for a GREAT player.
Use it daily to stream radio and music from the Net, works as it should and always did.
Reviewing 1.3.1 (Mar 14, 2014)
Haven't tested the streaming to see if it's better (will leave it running today and will check this evening to see if it managed to retain connectivity to SomaFM) but the addition of the Export function for the error reporting on file integrity checking is enormously appreciated. Also have to check WASAPI with my Logitech USB Z-Cinemas to see if that now works properly as well. It didn't stall out on some 15,000 lossless files across my network either - awesome! Tentative FIVE stars.
Streaming problems I iterated before aparrently solved - the player held tenaciously to SomaFM for well over 12 houts when it previously would inexplicably stop after 45 minutes (DeadBeef on Linux wouldn't falter over the same timeframe). Unfortunately, WASAPI 3.x remains broken with my USB Z=Cinemas where 2.x worked fine. So-called "improvements" should not remove previously available functionality - it seems to be a lesson that many devs today (ranging from Microsoft, GNOME and Mozilla to this one) need to learn.
Downgraded to FOUR stars.
Reviewing 1.3.1 (Feb 17, 2014)
Reviewing 1.3 Beta 5 (Nov 9, 2013)
This player is devolving into a buggy mess of late. WASAPI still doesn't work properly, streaming on occasion hangs the player and file operations similarly will stall out on large numbers of files.
I expect better from this player - this is Winamp-style behavior (and that's NO compliment).
Sooo, that components is PP blocking exactly? This ain't the Foobar forums, because of that fact I don't have to care which foobar denizens get their panties in a bunch (not that I would anyway) and inquiring minds want to know. :) :) ;)