foobar2000 is an advanced audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- New high-quality but slow resampler based on dBpoweramp/SSRC code, as an alternative to fb2k's PPHS resampler
- Prevented clobbering of certain exotic M4A tags
- Smooth scrolling in Default User Interface list controls
- Beta 2: made smooth scrolling disabled by default as it stalls visualisation updates. You can enable it in advanced preferences
- Added missing menu command for the new ReplayGain playback mode
- Added oversampled peak scanning in ReplayGain scanner
- Beta 2: Added tweaks for ReplayGain peak results display, in advanced preferences
- Fixed 96 kHz AAC & ALAC playback
- Added whitelist of HTTPS domains to suppress certificate validity checks on, for home media streaming uses [beta 3]
- Added readable error messages about “Add location” failures [beta 3]
- Improved detection of total duration of Constant Bit Rate (CBR) MP3 files [beta 4]
- More robust recovery from network errors when playing MP3 & AAC internet radio streams [beta 5]
- Removed “LegacyDisable” key in file type associations handling as it's been known to cause problems with modern Windows versions [beta 5]
Reviewing 1.3.8 (Mar 26, 2015)
Superb player - Personally I prefer AIMP mainly for the skins but foobar is one of the best.
Reviewing 1.3.7 Beta 1 (Dec 23, 2014)
I love foobar2000 but it really needs to come with at least an option of skins upon install like WinAmp does. If you have been driven away by its sparse look and gave up on it here's a skin I'd recommend which will most likely make you appreciate the player:
I also dig this for addon for adding lyrics to files:
Reviewing 1.3.6 (Dec 19, 2014)
if you care MORE about high-quality music player instead of fancy moving themes that waste CPU cycles, then choose foobar2000
foobar2000 for audio player + another program for video player is the way to go!
foobar2000 is very light-weight and doesn't load up tons of junk just to play music
Reviewing 1.3.3 (Jul 27, 2014)
My second choice, it's super versatile and the sound it's pretty good (not as good as AIMP) but it needs a decent equalizer urgently.
Reviewing 1.3.3 (Jul 17, 2014)
Still the BEST, thank you for a GREAT player.
Use it daily to stream radio and music from the Net, works as it should and always did.
Sooo, that components is PP blocking exactly? This ain't the Foobar forums, because of that fact I don't have to care which foobar denizens get their panties in a bunch (not that I would anyway) and inquiring minds want to know. :) :) ;)