foobar2000 is an advanced audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Fixed writing of empty ID3v2 tags when attempting to remove all attached pictures from files that do not have an ID3v2 tag yet
- Added handling of M4A tag “Conductor” metadata value
- Fixed crash on too long URLs
- Updated Opus decoder to 1.1.1
- Fixed reading of iTunes “compilation” flag from ID3v2.2 tags as written by default by iTunes
- Improved handling of malformed AIFF files
- Updated FFmpeg to 3.0
- Added support for raw AAC files with ID3v2 tags. Note that use of raw AAC format is discouraged, please use MP4/M4A instead
- “Add Folder” now accepts multiple selected folders if running Windows Vista or newer
- Worked around spurious context menu items in Windows Explorer
- Reverted all shell integration fixes from 1.3.9 and 1.3.10 beta 1. They broke more than they fixed while attempting to work-around an obvious bug in Windows 10
- Added an advanced preferences option to override FFmpeg -strict level to allow standard-compliant 7.1 AAC decoding
- Added an advanced preferences option to disable media key event processing
- Corrected crashing on certain malformed RAR files
Reviewing 1.3.8 (Mar 26, 2015)
Superb player - Personally I prefer AIMP mainly for the skins but foobar is one of the best.
Reviewing 1.3.7 Beta 1 (Dec 23, 2014)
I love foobar2000 but it really needs to come with at least an option of skins upon install like WinAmp does. If you have been driven away by its sparse look and gave up on it here's a skin I'd recommend which will most likely make you appreciate the player:
I also dig this for addon for adding lyrics to files:
Reviewing 1.3.6 (Dec 19, 2014)
if you care MORE about high-quality music player instead of fancy moving themes that waste CPU cycles, then choose foobar2000
foobar2000 for audio player + another program for video player is the way to go!
foobar2000 is very light-weight and doesn't load up tons of junk just to play music
Reviewing 1.3.3 (Jul 27, 2014)
My second choice, it's super versatile and the sound it's pretty good (not as good as AIMP) but it needs a decent equalizer urgently.
Reviewing 1.3.3 (Jul 17, 2014)
Still the BEST, thank you for a GREAT player.
Use it daily to stream radio and music from the Net, works as it should and always did.
Sooo, that components is PP blocking exactly? This ain't the Foobar forums, because of that fact I don't have to care which foobar denizens get their panties in a bunch (not that I would anyway) and inquiring minds want to know. :) :) ;)